1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Forget the finish for a moment (that was a disaster) but just watch his anticipation and desire to get onto the rebound

The only player in our squad capable of doing so. Apart from maybe Kieran Lee.

FF needs love not hate.

Totally agree with you .

Fernando is never forgiven for anything and has to be perfect at everything . There is no leeway with him. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Totally agree with you .

Fernando is never forgiven for anything and has to be perfect at everything . There is no leeway with him. 

Give over.

The bloke has had more chances, been hero worshipped for years and for what?

1 good year in nearly 4.

He needs to move on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If in your employment your bosses brought in somebody to do the same job as you but paid them loads more money than they were paying you wouldn't you have been knocking on your bosses door. I know I would.

Fessi is no different. 

He can't avoid injuries. Considering the amount of stick he takes on the field he's lucky to be still walking .

Somebody with more experience of doing the job at a higher level brought in to assist me and the rest of the team get to that level? I would imagine their experience and consistency of performance would merit their pay. It was hardly loads more money either, he was the highest paid player at the club at that point.

Even when he has been fit the last 4 managers we have had have been reluctant to pick him. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Give over.

1 good year in nearly 4.

He needs to move on.

Sorry but I disagree.

Who else has had more than one good season in the last 4?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Give over.

1 good year in nearly 4.

He needs to move on.

Here’s the problem...

We’re bereft of attacking creativity, he’s potentially our best attacking player, he’s under contract.

Why give up on him?

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Somebody with more experience of doing the job at a higher level brought in to assist me and the rest of the team get to that level? I would imagine their experience and consistency of performance would merit their pay. It was hardly loads more money either, he was the highest paid player at the club at that point.

Even when he has been fit the last 4 managers we have had have been reluctant to pick him. 

Let's agree to differ. I like Fernando and you dont.

Fair enough.

We're all entitled to our opinions  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Totally agree with you .

Come off it that’s a load of rubbish. 

He gets more leeway than anybody else because of what he has done years ago. 

He is loved by most of our fan base. Doesn’t really deserve the support he receives. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Let's agree to differ. I like Fernando and you dont.

Fair enough.

We're all entitled to our opinions  

I never said I didn't like him and said before kick off I was happy to see him in the side due to how he played on Wednesday but there just always seems to be something else, sometimes not through any fault of his own but its just getting more and more frustrating as time goes on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Sorry but I disagree.

Who else has had more than one good season in the last 4?

Bannan , Westwood, Lees. 

32 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Totally agree with you .

He's probably had more " leeway  " from our fans than anyone has a right to expect. 

99% of us want him to do well because it would help us as a club if he did. 

• Agree 4

He's still quality, not as potent as he was but he offers something other players don't. 

52 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Here’s the problem...

We’re bereft of attacking creativity, he’s potentially our best attacking player, he’s under contract.

Why give up on him?

I dont think we should be giving up on him. The problem I have is where does he play. Because everywhere he does play doesn't seem to work. And to play him in the position he is probably most comfortable in ( Wide Left ). Takes Harris out of the equation.  He needs to be given a free role to just roam about get on the ball and do as he pleases. But no manager nowadays is gonna afford him that luxury as he is not that a special talent to do it. 

Trent Alexander Arnold probably isnt much better at defending then most championship Right backs I wouldnt imagine. But he is allowed to get away with that because going forward as a full back there is no better right hand sided player in world football. And it's not like he only shows it once or twice every 3 or 4 matches he delivers once or twice going forward every game. So they will push Henderson or Milner or whoever across to cover for him and make them work like dogs defensively to allow for his short comings. 

Forestieri needs to start showing on a regularly basis that he is the best player we have rather than it being a myth that he is the best player we have. Then he can not defend and wonder out of postion as much as he wants as we will allow him that as he is that good for us. It's why Bannan will never get dropped even after a poor performance as you know the next game he will deliver for us.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Agree 2

Thought we looked much more balanced in the 2nd half with Murphy and Harris and I’m sure this is why Monk hasn’t played FF. 

There were a few times in the first half when FF was floating into different areas of the pitch and left Fox on his own.

It also puts Harris on his weaker side with FF on the left.

He has to be an impact sub for me 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Bannan , Westwood, Lees. 

All those three have received moans from some supporters. Nobody has really had more than one outstanding season. Every player has been put on the "fans get rid of" list at some time in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

He's probably had more " leeway  " from our fans than anyone has a right to expect. 

99% of us want him to do well because it would help us as a club if he did. 

The 1% are very active on here then.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, A12owl said:

Give him some love and support and we might get the player back that we used to have.

I know this is comment is well intended, but it really is time to move on.  A very entertaining player on his day, but that’s history now.  

Get shut, damaged goods, a target for officials embarrassing when he actually does get fouled he looks like he is simulating he should be on the stage, his attitude stinks, there is a reason why he is getting part games.

• Disagree 1

All the Get shut brigade should be careful what they wish for, the days of big spend are gone, freebies and loans for the foreseeable.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought he spent much of te first half not knowing where he was supposed to be playing and getting in the way of team mates. We looked much better when Murphy came on.

• Disagree 1