52 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Here’s the problem...

We’re bereft of attacking creativity, he’s potentially our best attacking player, he’s under contract.

Why give up on him?

I dont think we should be giving up on him. The problem I have is where does he play. Because everywhere he does play doesn't seem to work. And to play him in the position he is probably most comfortable in ( Wide Left ). Takes Harris out of the equation.  He needs to be given a free role to just roam about get on the ball and do as he pleases. But no manager nowadays is gonna afford him that luxury as he is not that a special talent to do it. 

Trent Alexander Arnold probably isnt much better at defending then most championship Right backs I wouldnt imagine. But he is allowed to get away with that because going forward as a full back there is no better right hand sided player in world football. And it's not like he only shows it once or twice every 3 or 4 matches he delivers once or twice going forward every game. So they will push Henderson or Milner or whoever across to cover for him and make them work like dogs defensively to allow for his short comings. 

Forestieri needs to start showing on a regularly basis that he is the best player we have rather than it being a myth that he is the best player we have. Then he can not defend and wonder out of postion as much as he wants as we will allow him that as he is that good for us. It's why Bannan will never get dropped even after a poor performance as you know the next game he will deliver for us.

Edited by pazowl55

Thought we looked much more balanced in the 2nd half with Murphy and Harris and I’m sure this is why Monk hasn’t played FF. 

There were a few times in the first half when FF was floating into different areas of the pitch and left Fox on his own.

It also puts Harris on his weaker side with FF on the left.

He has to be an impact sub for me 

Get shut, damaged goods, a target for officials embarrassing when he actually does get fouled he looks like he is simulating he should be on the stage, his attitude stinks, there is a reason why he is getting part games.

All the Get shut brigade should be careful what they wish for, the days of big spend are gone, freebies and loans for the foreseeable.

Guest Bulgaria
8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Here’s the problem...

We’re bereft of attacking creativity, he’s potentially our best attacking player, he’s under contract.

Why give up on him?

I think he has given up on us.

People might make comparisons with di canio, but FF is not fit to lace his boots.

13 hours ago, A12owl said:

To a certain extent i agree.Two completely different backgrounds and nationalities. Not everybody behaves the same. Both are passionate but show it in different ways. 

Argentinian/Italian is not for a cool calm demeanour .

Hi Fernando...

Enjoy you're christmas off...

Again lol

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

All the pundits on tv say that on his day he is the best in the championship. Who and how much is an equivalent replacement going to cost? We might just have to persevere as if we cannot spend any money.

... and maybe 3 years ago they might have been right, but not any more.  I used to love watching Forestieri, not so much now and can’t imagine him being here next season.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

On his perfermance yesterday apart from the miss, what did he do wrong and who else has shown the same energy recently.

Well apart from the miss, I thought he did ok, but not the attacking threat he used to be.  He deserved to start after his impact against Birmingham, but I suspect that’s him done now until the new year, and there is no way I would be offering him a new contract. 

7 hours ago, gizowl said:

All the Get shut brigade should be careful what they wish for, the days of big spend are gone, freebies and loans for the foreseeable.

Good. Should force us into an actual sustainable transfer policy instead of the random sign anyone in any position approach of the last few years. It may also force us into selling some players like every other club does.

Just now, 83owl said:

Good. Should force us into an actual sustainable transfer policy instead of the random sign anyone in any position approach of the last few years. It may also force us into selling some players like every other club does.

With the exception of big Dom,who else has any transfer value. 

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, gizowl said:

Getting shut of someone who aint done jack poo in 2 years, is constantly either injured, banned or trying to get his head in the right place, who aint doing enough in training and who is most likely on 30-40 grand a week is something that this club needs to do.

But lets keep him because he has a model of Hillsborough in his house....:duntmatter:

Ive no idea what he is like, i dont know him, he might be a top bloke. I would love him to play next week ( oh he cant, he is injured again) bang in 2 goals, run to the fans and see him smile like he did 3 years ago..... it aint happening. Folks need to get real, he wants a move IMO and we need him off the wage bill. With some good scouting, we could find 2 or 3 young, fast hungry players for the wages we pay FF.

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Bannan

Fox... yes he does!!

Lees

Harris

Atty

Winnall

Dawson

Palmer

We could even get a fiver for Rhodes!

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

We could even get a fiver for Rhodes!

Sorry, i take that back.

Ridiculous comment.......He aint worth that much.

Only joking Jordan.

11 minutes ago, gizowl said:

You wouldn’t think we would get so much for joao but we did. My point is we need to start selling players when they have peak value. We missed the boat with FF and possibly with reach as well, we have to learn our lessons if we are to progress because the approach we have had isn’t working.