59 minutes ago, 83owl said:

It also helps you get fit if you put the effort in during training.

Is this accusation something you've been witness to or some nothing story from the fairytale media. Do you understand the difference between training fit and match fit. 

16 minutes ago, bob C said:

Probably our most naturally gifted player , but I’m afraid we have had the best out of him , it won’t come around again , sadly , because at his best he was a joy to watch and a game changer 

He may well come good again if he moves on. It's gone stale for him here, he no longer feels the 'love'.

A new club, a couple of good games, the fans singing his name will probably give him another fantastic season before something goes wrong and he loses interest, form or whatever it is.

It's never going to come again at Hillsborough. His swansong was when he came back after injury in Jos's first season, it felt like we'd got the old Fessi back. Either that or my memory is going.

Guest LondonOwl313
26 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I think it's more to do with Lee not banging on the chairmans door asking for more dosh, and Lee knowing how to get on coaches for away games.

Thing is, this incident happened nearly 3 and a half years ago now but people just won’t let it drop. We don’t know for sure what happened in the build up to it but would imagine it was as follows:

We sign Fletcher on significantly more money than any of our other players are on at the time.

FF isn’t happy, he’s the best player at the club, not sure anyone would doubt after 2015-16 at the time, and he feels like he deserves to be on comparative terms to Fletcher. (Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me).

Probably then asks for a wage rise first off which falls on deaf ears. Knows that the likes of Newcastle and Derby are interested and potentially going to come in with 8 figure bids.

When no new contract is forthcoming, decides to take matters into his own hands by being awkward about travelling to Norwich. Knows it will force the club to either sell, and he gets his wage rise, or they will offer a new contract, and he gets his wage rise. Third option would have been to leave him and let him rot in the U23s on principle... but why would any club do that when you have an 8 figure asset

I don’t blame him for doing what he did, he was acting in his own best interests. Blame the club for paying Fletcher over the odds, or for not standing their ground and cashing in.

Obviously in hindsight we should have cashed in. But at the time we genuinely thought we’d go for automatic promotion that year and selling him would have made that less likely and people would have been unhappy. Club can’t win.

The only thing that matters now is what can he offer us. Is he better than our other options.. the answer is categorically yes. He brings way more to the team than any of the other wide forwards or wingers in the squad. It’s no coincidence he starts on the left and we win (I know it was 1-1 when he went off and he missed a sitter, but we were so dominant today)

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Forget the finish for a moment (that was a disaster) but just watch his anticipation and desire to get onto the rebound

The only player in our squad capable of doing so. Apart from maybe Kieran Lee.

FF needs love not hate.

My sentiments exactly, hopefully he'll get a build up in game time and start to show what he's capable of, sadly for now some so called supporters prefer to dig up the skeletons of the past. 

21 minutes ago, prowl said:

He may well come good again if he moves on. It's gone stale for him here, he no longer feels the 'love'.

A new club, a couple of good games, the fans singing his name will probably give him another fantastic season before something goes wrong and he loses interest, form or whatever it is.

It's never going to come again at Hillsborough. His swansong was when he came back after injury in Jos's first season, it felt like we'd got the old Fessi back. Either that or my memory is going.

our best player by a mile

19 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Is this accusation something you've been witness to or some nothing story from the fairytale media. Do you understand the difference between training fit and match fit. 

Yes and I know the fitter you are in training the closer the gap is to match fitness, pretty simple really and works at any level. If I go and play for the dog and duck tomorrow and I’ve been sat on the sofa for 2 weeks I won’t be as fit as If I’ve been training hard during that time. So you’re saying the story and quotes from BB are just made up then?

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

How does that compare with Lee. Attitude towards him (rightly) is completely different.

Ever thought that Fernando might be frustrated and disappointed about all the injuries.

I do wish people would get off his back. Probably a small minority but always the noisey ones.

Most of the Fessi haters harp back to Norwichgate. 

It was a mistake. He said so and apologised to the manager to the club and to the supporters. His injuries arnt his fault. 

Give him some love and support and we might get the player back that we used to have.

It took a pay rise to get to that stage, I'd love to stop working and then go back a couple of weeks later as long as my employers increased my pay.

He should be our most influential player but injury and off-field issues have hampered him since the Norwich fiasco and he hasn't been a player we can rely on for some time. Even when fit our last  4 managers have talked him up but haven't actually held their reputation on him by putting him in the team regularly. 

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes and I know the fitter you are in training the closer the gap is to match fitness, pretty simple really and works at any level. If I go and play for the dog and duck tomorrow and I’ve been sat on the sofa for 2 weeks I won’t be as fit as If I’ve been training hard during that time. So you’re saying the story and quotes from BB are just made up then?

Could be a little misconstrued, may have had a little spat, only heard Bannans spin on it. Fessi certainly isn't an idle player, both can be hot heads.All I go on is what I see on the pitch and in the first half today Fessis work rate was as good as anybodys. 

1 hour ago, Brando17 said:

our best player by a mile

He is our best player by a mile once every 10 games. Where as our real best player by a mile, Bannan. Is our best player in at least 6 out of every 10 games.

Not being harsh that is unfortunately the reality.

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Totally agree with you .

Fernando is never forgiven for anything and has to be perfect at everything . There is no leeway with him. 

Give over.

The bloke has had more chances, been hero worshipped for years and for what?

1 good year in nearly 4.

He needs to move on.

14 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If in your employment your bosses brought in somebody to do the same job as you but paid them loads more money than they were paying you wouldn't you have been knocking on your bosses door. I know I would.

Fessi is no different. 

He can't avoid injuries. Considering the amount of stick he takes on the field he's lucky to be still walking .

Somebody with more experience of doing the job at a higher level brought in to assist me and the rest of the team get to that level? I would imagine their experience and consistency of performance would merit their pay. It was hardly loads more money either, he was the highest paid player at the club at that point.

Even when he has been fit the last 4 managers we have had have been reluctant to pick him. 

9 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Give over.

The bloke has had more chances, been hero worshipped for years and for what?

1 good year in nearly 4.

He needs to move on.

Here’s the problem...

We’re bereft of attacking creativity, he’s potentially our best attacking player, he’s under contract.

Why give up on him?

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Totally agree with you .

Fernando is never forgiven for anything and has to be perfect at everything . There is no leeway with him. 

Come off it that’s a load of rubbish. 

He gets more leeway than anybody else because of what he has done years ago. 

He is loved by most of our fan base. Doesn’t really deserve the support he receives. 

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Let's agree to differ. I like Fernando and you dont.

Fair enough.

We're all entitled to our opinions  

I never said I didn't like him and said before kick off I was happy to see him in the side due to how he played on Wednesday but there just always seems to be something else, sometimes not through any fault of his own but its just getting more and more frustrating as time goes on.

32 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Totally agree with you .

He's probably had more " leeway  " from our fans than anyone has a right to expect. 

99% of us want him to do well because it would help us as a club if he did.