1 minute ago, sMacLean said:

Yep be surprised if he ever plays for us again.

You really ought to be a comedian, or perhaps you already are. LOL

Guest Bulgaria

Good old FF. Another nice relaxing Christmas.

The staff at SWFC must be pulling their hair out with him.

Edited by Bulgaria

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Sorry, but some on here just beggar belief, any player that's been out as long as he has won't be match fit, the only way to get match fit is a run of games, and your risk of picking up niggling injuries is higher.Yes he missed a sitter but let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he's a little bit rusty, the best strikers from time to time miss those. I'm sure if we persevere we'll reap the rewards in a few weeks. 

This isn't rocket science, just common sense. FFS. 

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Good old FF. Another nice relaxing Christmas.

Wouldn't want to be relying on him to fetch me a glass of water.

The staff at SWFC must be pulling their hair out with him.

What are we drinking or is it lay off Dave and Fox and turn on Fessi instead  Utter disgrace, get down to bumhole lane. 

7 minutes ago, gizowl said:

You really ought to be a comedian, or perhaps you already are. LOL

That's based on him going in January. Ligament tweak could take him up to January as not fit anyway. He won't then play as he'll be gone. Simple calculation really.

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

We looked much better with Murphy on anyway.

Let him go

Get rid of a talented contracted players because we performed better with a Premier League loan player...

Don't disagree with letting him go though, I think at this stage, barring a huge turnaround it'd be better for both parties (assuming we get a 'decent' offer for him (sadly considerably less than his high value a few seasons ago))

7 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Didn’t someone say he has completed 12 matches in 2 years? 

Think this says it all. There is always something up for him. Whether it’s an injury, a niggle or he isn’t “mentally right”. It will be the same until he eventually leaves. Forget relying on him. 

He’s played 2570 league minutes out of our last 11000

So he plays 23% of the time. 

Edited by Holmowl

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, gizowl said:

What are we drinking or is it lay off Dave and Fox and turn on Fessi instead  Utter disgrace, get down to bumhole lane. 

Bulgarian wine.

Thanks for asking.

4 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Thought he did ok today apart from the miss. Fortunately it wasn’t costly. If he’s not fit, not available or not bothered then he’s no use. In my book he still owes us big time - I’m waiting.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait. 

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

How does that compare with Lee. Attitude towards him (rightly) is completely different.

Ever thought that Fernando might be frustrated and disappointed about all the injuries.

I do wish people would get off his back. Probably a small minority but always the noisey ones.

Most of the Fessi haters harp back to Norwichgate. 

It was a mistake. He said so and apologised to the manager to the club and to the supporters. His injuries arnt his fault. 

Give him some love and support and we might get the player back that we used to have.

2038 out of the same 11000 minutes.

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

Think he’s putting himself about nicely 

hard to put anything positive on that miss it was as bad as they come 

but the lads playing well good to see him out there got a feeling he’s going to be involved in a big moment in the second half 

great ball for attey and I thought it should have stood 

edit - maybe not 

Deffo Not. Shame.

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Thanks. Does Lee get the same abuse?

Not likely .

It's probably frustration because everybody knows what we could have with a fully fit and firing Fernando. 

I suspect you would agree, one is the model professional, the other has issues?

49 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Sorry, but some on here just beggar belief, any player that's been out as long as he has won't be match fit, the only way to get match fit is a run of games, and your risk of picking up niggling injuries is higher.Yes he missed a sitter but let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he's a little bit rusty, the best strikers from time to time miss those. I'm sure if we persevere we'll reap the rewards in a few weeks. 

It also helps you get fit if you put the effort in during training.

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

And how do you know he doesn't.

Some players don't like training but still are capable of playing well.

I think I remember monk saying a few weeks ago that Fernando had been working hard in training and was pleased with him. 

I don’t know he doesn’t, I’m taking bannans word for it.

Well I thought FF played well today until he did his knee.

Obviously he should have scored the sitter but his runs inside to link with the strikers caused them problems and was the kind of movement we have been missing.

Defensively he did his bit as well.

Anyway it’s probably academic. 
A ligament injury will keep him out for a while especially if it’s the same area he had his op on so we can forget about him again.

Guest Bulgaria
42 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Thanks. Does Lee get the same abuse?

Not likely .

It's probably frustration because everybody knows what we could have with a fully fit and firing Fernando. 

I think it's more to do with Lee not banging on the chairmans door asking for more dosh, and Lee knowing how to get on coaches for away games.