Charlton - V - Wednesday OMDT

I say...well done Snoots old chap! It’s a ‘ripping yarn’ out of the top drawer of the tall stories cabinet. Someone, who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do, once said, “It’s the draws that kill you in this league.” Our draw count is piling up like snow drifts on High Lane in 1963 (you had to be there). I’m going for a win though to eliminate all those “negative vibes, man!” ( I love Donald Sutherlands character in that film...what was his name? Someone on here will remember.) 2-0 to the owls today, Forestieri and Fletcher (or Big Dom from a corner with the heed.) Come on you blue and white wizaaaards in green? Anyone travelling to the match today be careful in the Smoke...it can be a scary place, especially if Millwall, West Ham and Chelsea are at home. Safe travels to all.

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

A side with numerous injury worries and haven’t won in 6. 

Can we please take full advantage and start with an attacking line up and just go at them from off? 

3-0 please

May as well just leave it there because you know what happens whenever Wednesday play teams like that...

6 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

My last trip to Valley in previous millenium, always remember the chant 'you only sing when youre shopping'.

Was funny at the time.

I've only been once, around 1996 in the FA Cup. Charlton were a division below us and we were garbage and lost 2-1. I remember our coach was overtaken on the M1 by the team coach, which was the only urgency they'd shown all day.  

I'd planned to go today, and I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for that pesky meddling Sky. 

Here we go, really look forward to match days but today really nervous, we really do need a win against another struggling side, come Mr monk go for the jugular, let's get a flyer, kill them off early instead of the nail-biting second halves, can't take another miserable weekend uto

Guest The Horse

Think Monk will go with Nuhiu and Fletch up front today.

We need a win, they're fragile.

If we go with the lone striker option, I'll pull my mane out.

35 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

A side with numerous injury worries and haven’t won in 6. 

Can we please take full advantage and start with an attacking line up and just go at them from off? 

3-0 please

exactly this. Need to name a line up that has goals in it. Things aren’t working at the minute. We need to take advantage of a team with so many injuries. 

Hard one to call, with both clubs struggling over the last few weeks. We just need to stop switching off in key areas and moments, and take the chances that seem to come our way on a regular basis.

I'd like to think we could beat these, but I think a 1-1 is probably where it'll finish.

Guest The Horse
3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

If we played one up front at home im pretty sure we will be same away. 

I could understand why he did that on Wednesday to an extent.

He knew the players, was riled up and maybe didn't want to lose first and foremost to save face.

He went complete attack mode once we went a goal down.

With Charlton being so depleted, I'd like to think Monk sees this as an opportunity to go for it and play a front two.

Surely he can see that one goal is not enough for us at the moment if we want wins.

Only just noticed it's a 1230 ko. Makes no difference to me but I guess quite pleasing to have it confirmed how easily you can ignore the ghastly Sky TV. 

Sporting highlight today is by a country mile the Hennessy, my favourite race and race day of the year, and in this weather it would be a glorious day out. Sad that family commitments mean I can't go to it. A little bet on West Approach last night and he has been significantly backed this morning, but you could make a case for most of the field. Absolutely cracking race. 

Had thought to back us because I think we will win today: surprised to see us rated as clear favourites barely odds against, so will keep my pennies to myself.