Get behind Monk until..

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

But it’s a bit Catch 22, without the movement ahead, there is nothing for the midfield to aim at. In Bannan and Luongo, we have two players who can pick a pass, but with a static centre forward, and two wingers who rarely leave their station, who can they pass to? 

the catch 22 is the squad he's inherited from the last 5/6 blokes in the job, IF we trip over some sanction or another he'll earn his money with no incomings for a year or two, and dumplings wanting him out 'cos he's not won the league playing flowing football yet.

6 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

yes I do , but unlike what hugeowl is trying to insinuate, I’m not saying he’s playing badly, I just think he looked better under bruce. He’s still playing well.

i was just answering hugeowls comments in response to who he thought had improved under monk. But as usual he just looks for digs rather than discussions like a grown up 

Personally I wasnt overly keen on Iorfa until this recent run if games at CB but each to there own.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think Monk is about as good as we will get. It’s the off field issues which are holding us back 

Exactly, Monk is a solid championship manager and to get better now is unrealistic. Is he the man to get us promoted? Maybe not. But then neither will Chansiri and that’s the biggest problem we face. Sorting out the financial mess so that someone else can come in and change a few things 

34 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Exactly, Monk is a solid championship manager and to get better now is unrealistic. Is he the man to get us promoted? Maybe not. But then neither will Chansiri and that’s the biggest problem we face. Sorting out the financial mess so that someone else can come in and change a few things 

I think monk has as good a chance as anyone to get a team up. He’s been decent but mistakes by his team have cost him a real challenge and now off the field matters change the whole picture

We haven't got a bad squad. Defensively we're OK with potentially two outstanding performers in Iorfa and Borner. Full-backs are a problem and have been for a while.

We've got some good but ageing midfielders and one or two who could be big players in the future but this area does need some reconstruction at some stage.

The forward department is where we have much of a muchness. Rhodes and Winnall are two signings that have put us in the mire financially with little on pitch return. This is an area where Monk will arguably earn his money at some stage.

Given the situation he inherited and the likely problems he's still to face he's doing ok. Will he be a good manager for us, who knows but he's got a fighting chance of being succesful here?

I think Monk is doing the right things, he's bringing a consistency to performances.

But, let's face it, this isn't a promotion winning squad. Most of us knew that in the summer and when Bruce left us recruitment was unfinished, not that it would have been rectified in one window anyway. 

We're about where I expected this squad to be, if we can end the season in the top 6, that would be an overachievment IMO 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I think Monk is doing the right things, he's bringing a consistency to performances.

But, let's face it, this isn't a promotion winning squad. Most of us knew that in the summer and when Bruce left us recruitment was unfinished, not that it would have been rectified in one window anyway. 

We're about where I expected this squad to be, if we can end the season in the top 6, that would be an overachievment IMO 

This, but I’d like him to refine the football a bit in this next window It won’t make us the finished article, but it may make it an easier watch