Get behind Monk until..

8 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

fox as kept steady, his real improvement came when brunch arrived., Fletcher is no better or worse, he supfront on his own and always does well, I would actually argue though possibly the last 3/4 games he isn’t as sharp. 

iorfa I would flat out disagree he was playing much better under bruce than he is now 

That last sentence is probably the stupidest I have seen on Owlstalk and I have witnessed some dross 

congratulations 

8 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

fox as kept steady, his real improvement came when brunch arrived., Fletcher is no better or worse, he supfront on his own and always does well, I would actually argue though possibly the last 3/4 games he isn’t as sharp. 

iorfa I would flat out disagree he was playing much better under bruce than he is now 

personally think Iorfa has looked a quality player the whole time he has been a Wednesday player. Looks a real bargain buy. 

On 29/11/2019 at 02:06, 2roland2 said:

Keep hearing this give him a couple of transfer windows, does anyone understand the mess we are in right now?  Fans on here seem to think we can just rip the squad apart and start again, what with and how under these restrictions and sanctions to come? 

he’s going. To have to get the best out of what we have and evidence so far isn’t pointing to positive outcomes 

Loads are out of contract again in next 2 summers though so that's the chance to make changes.

Plus hes doing ok performance wise just need to stop these crazy lapses in concentration and improve our final ball/finishing. 

What I’d like to know, who was it who decided we should go down the route of a lone striker, flanked by 2 wingers? If it was Bruce, and it probably was, as recruitment decisions seemed to be made by his team, then what the hell was he thinking? 

How did he think we would thrive with a non scoring centre forward, flanked by 2 non scoring wingers? Unless of course, he genuinely believed we could lure Samatta. Without such a player as the focal point of the attack, this system will never work

13 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Monk plays it similar to CC's second season, with a different formation

Keep it tight, up the tempo in the second half.

Don't over exert yourself.

correct.

but they don't see it that way as they're not singing 'MONK HAD A DREAM' to keep their mind off it.

it can also be compared to the groundwork that gray did.

it's called building a team, it's NOT a computer game version where you balls up and start again 'cos you didn't like the outcome. 

Edited by dorian gray

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What I’d like to know, who was it who decided we should go down the route of a lone striker, flanked by 2 wingers? If it was Bruce, and it probably was, as recruitment decisions seemed to be made by his team, then what the hell was he thinking? 

How did he think we would thrive with a non scoring centre forward, flanked by 2 non scoring wingers? Unless of course, he genuinely believed we could lure Samatta. Without such a player as the focal point of the attack, this system will never work

the weak m/f decided it, until that is replaced we struggle to throw 2 up, except in the 'LAST 20 MINS'.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

the weak m/f decided it, until that is replaced we struggle to throw 2 up, except in the 'LAST 20 MINS'.

But it’s a bit Catch 22, without the movement ahead, there is nothing for the midfield to aim at. In Bannan and Luongo, we have two players who can pick a pass, but with a static centre forward, and two wingers who rarely leave their station, who can they pass to? 

Monks doing OK we are better than we were at this time last season.

Having said that he has the following players at his disposal that were not available at this time last year, Iorfa, Borner, Odubaju, Luongo, Murphy, Harris and Lees back from injury, the only loss is Hector. So I would expect us to be stronger.

Positives are that other teams are not running through midfield unopposed.

Negatives  Not setup to score enough goals.

Like last season we look poor from dead ball situations and this needs sorting.

15 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok for arguments sake, which players have improved so far under Monk since he came in?

i know I’m struggling to answer that but I’m open to suggestions 

How much room for improvement is there?...Maybe the players have hit their ceiling..Only new blood can probably improve it to any real degree, and Monk may not have that option

32 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

yes I do , but unlike what hugeowl is trying to insinuate, I’m not saying he’s playing badly, I just think he looked better under bruce. He’s still playing well.

i was just answering hugeowls comments in response to who he thought had improved under monk. But as usual he just looks for digs rather than discussions like a grown up 

If you don’t acknowledge Iorfa has improved this season then maybe football is not the game for you 

41 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

so you think he is playing better now than last season? I’m not sure if 99% of this site have even watched a game this season, he’s playing well but he was playing brilliantly under bruce. The reply was to who has monk improved so far but as usual the bandwagon jumped on and try to make out I’m saying he’s no good which as usual is absolute testicles 

He is playing miles better than last year.

Like I said you must be blind

On 29/11/2019 at 02:06, 2roland2 said:

Keep hearing this give him a couple of transfer windows, does anyone understand the mess we are in right now?  Fans on here seem to think we can just rip the squad apart and start again, what with and how under these restrictions and sanctions to come? 

he’s going. To have to get the best out of what we have and evidence so far isn’t pointing to positive outcomes 

Top half of the ieague with a squad that has barely changed over the last couple of years and lacks an out and out goal scorer.  Think he isnt doing a bad job. Monk is his own man and I believe he will get us in or around the playoffs this year. No team has embarrassed us all season and given a bit of luck we could have been 7 or 8 points better off.

16 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

go on it’s ok, you can admit you like tryi g to argue with me just for the sake of it. Everyone with even an ounce of common sense knows we have sanctions coming, at best we can tspend because we are on the cusp of the rules limits. That’s if by so,e million to one odds we escape punishment.......

never seen anyone argue as much for the sake of it

go and look in the nearest mirror.