Get behind Monk until..

I'm not he's the wrong man. Without his mate at Birmingham he's a pale imitation.  Wasted season yet again. Squad look at second half of last season! If Bruce got that out of them then why can't he. More time wasters want to give him time to waste money n time Jos all over again. Crap football waste of ticket money. 

He said against Blackburn the tactics were to attack in the last 20mins!!! We pay a lot of money for FOOTBALL not 10-20mins it's a disgrace we have yet another manager doing this. Chansiri  will be wanting my season ticket money if February again won't he. No promotion n 10-20 mins of real football if at all. What a rip-off Wednesday has become. While those piggy bas@$d's Are up there. Needs sorting out now. We always put up with crap year after year decades now. 

13 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

I'm not he's the wrong man. Without his mate at Birmingham he's a pale imitation.  Wasted season yet again. Squad look at second half of last season! If Bruce got that out of them then why can't he. More time wasters want to give him time to waste money n time Jos all over again. Crap football waste of ticket money. 

He said against Blackburn the tactics were to attack in the last 20mins!!! We pay a lot of money for FOOTBALL not 10-20mins it's a disgrace we have yet another manager doing this. Chansiri  will be wanting my season ticket money if February again won't he. No promotion n 10-20 mins of real football if at all. What a rip-off Wednesday has become. While those piggy bas@$d's Are up there. Needs sorting out now. We always put up with crap year after year decades now. 

:biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin: Its nothing like Jos

17 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Wonder if this slump continues people will  still give him time 

Most of the results are blamed at the players

But monk is picking and coaching the players

He's doing OK but I won't be shocked if he ain't here next season 

He's a stop gap for me ,nowt special and someone who won't remain he for a few years 

who the **** do we think we could get IF monk went? 

we've an aging side, built for lightweight football, in need of a damn near total rebuild, it couldn't get promoted in it's pomp, we've got Christ knows how much of an embargo hanging over us, along with who knows what additional punishment, loss of points/relegation etc.

WANTED! manager to rebuild team, got 5 bob and a blackies egg to spend (IF the league allow it).

I bet managers would be kicking the door down for the job...

some on here, really.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Whats the point of comparing him with Bruce?..You may as well compare him with Atkinson or Catterick..Whats your answer?

Sack Monk ..and then what?

Its all fine sayin' tat like f.ookin' Mourinhio would be better...its all fine saying "if we had better players"...Not happening, doesn't f.ookin' exist..Its beyond stupid...

are we going to give EVERY incumbent a few months then say..."Nah..he's not Alf Ramsey..he can f.ook off"?

Apart from it costing money we don't have...It serves no useful purpose than having a sodding "Bleat" on here..

You can't simply sack a bloke who hasn't even had time to pick ONE player of his own

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

we've a side full of footballers who were signed mainly to win promotion 2/3 seasons ago, they were brought in at around the time they were at their best, quite a few are now on the way down, so can't give it 90 mins twice a week, it has to be managed.

i'd guess when he said 'we planned to attack in the last 20 minutes' he was talking over the heads of some, to those who understood a bit about football.

5 hours ago, Miffed said:

With a weak midfield who have let the club down time and time again.... who got easily over-run at Wembly and which hasnt really been upgraded much (from a defensive point of view) can you blame him?

He can only work with what he has. Until he has had 2 transfer windows and a full pre-season then its completley unfair to judge him.

How quickly people are to forget what damage Bruce actually did when he left the club....all things considered Monk is doing a good job with what he has.

you're pi**ing into wind talking to some on here.

there's some right dumplings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All this whining is caused by the EFL crap, the fact that United are up there in the Prem, the bloody biased tactics of SYP and SAG etc...

and its bloody pointless and gets us nowhere...

Harping on to the Play off final..The Huddersfield Semi..The fact that we need new players..Gets us nowhere

We are where we are...We have what we have..and we simply get on with it...No other option.

Fans are gonna criticise, individual performances, tactics etc..Thats more than fair enough, its what this site is for...but at least make an effort to give an option.

With Gary Monk?

what on earth can he do?

What on Earth could anyone do in his situation?

"Play 2 up front"?..fair enough comment...

But if he doesn't take that advice after a month or two..We need another manager in?..The same players?.The same restrictions, ? United STILL in the Prem?

He wouldn't last long would he?

Look at the players that have improved...Palmer, Fox, Iorfa , Lee is looking better...Its not all bleak

Heads down , keep going.....

(If you can afford it)

and thats a caveat that I'm afraid Chansiri is going to have to address before this season is out

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Don't let the door hit ya on the @ss on the way to wherever else ya wanna spend ya money.

18 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Keep hearing this give him a couple of transfer windows, does anyone understand the mess we are in right now?  Fans on here seem to think we can just rip the squad apart and start again, what with and how under these restrictions and sanctions to come? 

he’s going. To have to get the best out of what we have and evidence so far isn’t pointing to positive outcomes 

Which restrictions and sanctions are these ???      Weren’t aware they had been made common knowledge ?  Oh no... your just guessing like everyone else 

On 28/11/2019 at 23:12, Ozymandias Owl said:

We can't worry about the EFL side of it. 

If the EFL f3ck us over then we and the players need to use it as motivation. 

Fans want too see us win games. Eventually they won't be able to f3ck us over anymore if we keep on getting it right on the field.

Birmingham went through it last season, under Monk. They appear to have come out of it a stronger team. Monk has a point to prove. 

It will come good in the end I'm sure, because if they strike us down we'll become more powerful than they can imagine... 

We certainly do have to worry about the EFL.

If we get a bloody great points deduction we might be in real trouble the way points are being thrown away lately.

On 29/11/2019 at 02:06, 2roland2 said:

Keep hearing this give him a couple of transfer windows, does anyone understand the mess we are in right now?  Fans on here seem to think we can just rip the squad apart and start again, what with and how under these restrictions and sanctions to come? 

he’s going. To have to get the best out of what we have and evidence so far isn’t pointing to positive outcomes 

Its the go to chat these days... ‘give him two transfer windows’. Manchester utd we are not 

15 hours ago, Miffed said:

:biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin: Its nothing like Jos

To be fair that’s not his/the point. Just because it’s not as bad as it’s ever been doesn’t mean it’s not still bad. If you get kicked in the rounduns less hard this time than you were the last time doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt.

Still reckon we should give Monk a little more grace time though, you’ve got to be patient whilst he lays the foundations of his team and then we can assess second half of season.

Let’s be honest 1 win in 7 isn’t good enough but hopefully that will change today when we come away with 3 points. Deserves a bit more time but results have to improve. It’s okay saying give him a transfer window or 2 but do you really think he’s going to be able to do much business with the mess we are in off the pitch. He needs to be getting the best out of the players he has at his disposal.  

Edited by WalthamOwl