Get behind Monk until..

Let's get behind the guy and give him support.  He needs a transfer window or two. The chap has inherited a squad of ageing players, needs his own backroom staff. I think he wants to belong and become a true Wednesday Manager. Let's give him support and time to develop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Monk not done owt wrong... we are playing good football at times. 

Need to be more clinical and bit more luck. That’s not Monks fault. 

Players are doing their job. Organised. If someone not quite in their game he subs them or drops them. 

Got to be more to it with Forestieri than being said but we prob never know. 

as said above he hasn’t had chance to sign a single player yet and working with back room staff he didn’t know. 

2 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Monk not done owt wrong... we are playing good football at times. 

Need to be more clinical and bit more luck. That’s not Monks fault. 

Players are doing their job. Organised. If someone not quite in their game he subs them or drops them. 

Got to be more to it with Forestieri than being said but we prob never know. 

as said above he hasn’t had chance to sign a single player yet and working with back room staff he didn’t know. 

You are correct in my opinion. It's tough coming into a new environment.  Give the lad a chance .

Nothing wrong with Monk

Nothing wrong with the performances of late. 

Nothing wrong with the players, apart from confidence, which they have to earn to a certain extent. 

It can only get better if they carry on playing this way. 

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Corrected it for you fella.

We can't worry about the EFL side of it. 

If the EFL f3ck us over then we and the players need to use it as motivation. 

Fans want too see us win games. Eventually they won't be able to f3ck us over anymore if we keep on getting it right on the field.

Birmingham went through it last season, under Monk. They appear to have come out of it a stronger team. Monk has a point to prove. 

It will come good in the end I'm sure, because if they strike us down we'll become more powerful than they can imagine... 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

We can't worry about the EFL side of it. 

If the EFL f3ck us over then we and the players need to use it as motivation. 

Fans want too see us win games. Eventually they won't be able to f3ck us over anymore if we keep on getting it right on the field.

Birmingham went through it last season, under Monk. They appear to have come out of it a stronger team. Monk has a point to prove. 

It will come good in the end I'm sure, because if they strike us down we'll become more powerful than they can imagine... 

It's not on the field that concerns me. It's Billy Smarts circus that's running the club that worries the hell out of me.

• Haha 1

Wonder if this slump continues people will  still give him time 

Most of the results are blamed at the players

But monk is picking and coaching the players

He's doing OK but I won't be shocked if he ain't here next season 

He's a stop gap for me ,nowt special and someone who won't remain he for a few years 

Edited by WelshOwl74

Monk knows that it'll take a few transfer windows to sort things out, because he knows the EFL mess.  He knows that the Squad needs a tune-up, but you can only tune a worn out machine so far as it can be tuned, at some point new parts will be needed, but you can't just buy the new parts, even if you can afford them...this is the most ridiculous aspect of English Football, to American fans.

To my mind, Monk ain't doin' so bad.  Wednesday isn't getting blown away, the Players just can't turn very good chances, into very routine goals. 

7 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Go on, and that's not meant negatively, I learn a lot from Owlstalk.

You may have misunderstood me, Nick. I was referring to the OP’s thread title. 

Unless I misunderstood you, in which case this is going to take some unknotting.

Edited by Samurai Blue
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Monk knows that it'll take a few transfer windows to sort things out, because he knows the EFL mess.  He knows that the Squad needs a tune-up, but you can only tune a worn out machine so far as it can be tuned, at some point new parts will be needed, but you can't just buy the new parts, even if you can afford them...this is the most ridiculous aspect of English Football, to American fans.

To my mind, Monk ain't doin' so bad.  Wednesday isn't getting blown away, the Players just can't turn very good chances, into very routine goals. 

If EFL let clubs like Bury go under anyway, may as well just let clubs spend what they want 

14 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

He doesn’t help himself by playing one up front at home against a team 16th in the league. If he wins the game he’s a tactical genius but he didn’t. 

Everyone deserves time though.

With a weak midfield who have let the club down time and time again.... who got easily over-run at Wembly and which hasnt really been upgraded much (from a defensive point of view) can you blame him?

He can only work with what he has. Until he has had 2 transfer windows and a full pre-season then its completley unfair to judge him.

How quickly people are to forget what damage Bruce actually did when he left the club....all things considered Monk is doing a good job with what he has.