SWFC team of the decade

Wellington Phoenix

The new home of Gary Hooper. 2/3 years ago you could tell he had real class, especially in the run up to the play off final. Cool finishing like nothing I've seen at Wednesday since Hirsty. A big loss to Wednesday, although Fletcher is also a class act.

And then The Original Jordan Rhodes finally turned up on Saturday...

1571284059478.jpg

Westwood

Buxton      Iorfa         Loovens     Pudil

Reach       Lee          Bannan      Forestieri

Antonnio      Hooper

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Westwood

Hunt Iorfa Lees Pudil

Reach Lee Bannan Antonio

Hooper Fletcher

Hooper-Fletcher was our best and easily most successful strike partnership. Pudil at his best was top drawer.

Interesting that FB was a tough choice. We’ve been relatively weak there for years.

Hutch and Forestieri closest to being in. Hard to keep Forestieri out but Antonio is better than him in the only position I would pick FF if we play 442. Neither Lee nor Bannan can miss out at their best, so no Hutch.

Enjoyed this. Good thread idea.

2 hours ago, DesWalker said:

It's amazing to see Tom Lees overlooked by some on this thread.

6 seasons with us racking up nearly 200 appearances.

Very rarely has a bad game, model pro.

Very true

But Iorfa is already better than him

And Loovens when he first joined us was a complete centre half, what a player he must have been at his peak

Some people might not remember this, but we always struggled when Loovens was out, he wasn't only a great player, he was a great leader

Tom Lees has been immense for us, but he's not as good as the two I've mentioned

24 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Very true

But Iorfa is already better than him

And Loovens when he first joined us was a complete centre half, what a player he must have been at his peak

Some people might not remember this, but we always struggled when Loovens was out, he wasn't only a great player, he was a great leader

Tom Lees has been immense for us, but he's not as good as the two I've mentioned

I think when it comes to team of the decade Tom Lees has contributed more at CB than Iorfa.

Moving forward Iorfa looks to be number 1 CB, but that's not the question of this thread.

On 28/11/2019 at 13:51, KivoOwl said:

Westwood

Hunt - Lees - Loovens - Pudil

Antonio - Lee - Bannan - Wallace

Hooper - Forestieri

At their best, that team would wee wee the league this season

Wow.

All except Antonio were Carlos regulars.

Surely can't be true.  Carlos was a complete clown according to to another thread on here.  Must be some mistake.  

5 hours ago, DesWalker said:

I think when it comes to team of the decade Tom Lees has contributed more at CB than Iorfa.

Moving forward Iorfa looks to be number 1 CB, but that's not the question of this thread.

If it comes down to just contributions then, couldn't you just make a case for the team that played at Wembley in the play of final, after all no one else in the last decade has achieved as much as those players did