1 win in 7

Fletcher isn't a natural goalscorer. 

He is a 10 to 12 goals a season man. 

Good at winning flick ons and holding the ball up, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. 

Last night he missed a pretty easy volley, took a bad touch when the goal was gaping and hit another one straight over. 

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Can we do that?!

You've said he only had 10 minutes twice, now you've grudgingly changed your tune to half a game, when the facts are that this season he's played for 182 minutes (and the stats don't include injury time either), that's actually over 3 hours including a full game against lower league Rotherham, when the only thing I can remember him doing is getting outpaced by 48 year old Richard Wood despite having a few yards start.

It's time some people faced facts, he's not suddenly going to magically rediscover his form from 5 years ago, the lad was effectively finished as a top class Championshp striker at 25.

How many of these minutes are consecutive? Anyone who comes on with 15-20 mins to go will struggle to make an impact I believe.

I think the long and shot of it is all the team need some shooting practise, we have had over 60 attempts on goal in the last 4 match and managed just 5 goals this is an appalling striker rate most of these chances are not on target but I would like to see how we compare to other team in the top 6 and bottom 6 as clearly there is either an issue with the basics of the game, i.e. aim for the thing with the 3 white poles and the net connected to it or the issues is who is taking the shots.

Last night, Nuihu missed a sitter, as did Lee, Borner and Fox had free headers in front of goal 6 yards out that they missed the target. 

Monk tells us we are playing well yet each game we are not scoring the goals and making sloppy mistakes at the back, lees last night out of position left the big hole for them to score from. 

As for the Rhodes, Winnall comment the guys never play, they are never even on the bench, then they don't play in the reserve games so why would we suddenly expect them to score goals. Its £60,000 of wasted money currently as we have not even tried to get rid of them either presumably we have so much income we can have £3m a season sat in the stands. I wish I was on a 10th of that amount to sit in the stands.

If Winnall and Rhodes had had as much game time as Nuihu this season both would have more than the 2 in 16 appearance he has so far. For some reason though they never get picked presumable something to do with the manager, as Thorniley also is not getting any game time even when Lees was injured he never was on the bench. 

Results need to improve now and if players untouchable need either dropping to the bench or out of the squad completely, Reach, Hutch, Lees, Bannan none are performing to the levels they should.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Fletcher isn't a natural goalscorer. 

He is a 10 to 12 goals a season man. 

Good at winning flick ons and holding the ball up, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. 

Last night he missed a pretty easy volley, took a bad touch when the goal was gaping and hit another one straight over. 

Complete agree which we don't normally but as I have been saying not playing 4-4-2 the current formation is not working, too many chances are falling to players such as Fox, Lee, Borner etc who are then fluffing the chance have another striker on the pitch for the flick on and the link up play and more of these chance would be in the back of the net.

Last night Lee's, Fox, Flecher chance replace them with Fessi or Winnall and we would have scoring in 1 or 2 of the chances. 

3 hours ago, maltbyowl said:

Only scored more than 1 goal against Swansea yet starts 1 upfront and only has Niuhu on bench, where's Rhodes and Winnall?

FF not starting doesn't take alot to notice so why is Monk not seeing it or is it because there's something we don't know regards to finance or whatever? or is Chansiri picking the team?

GM: "We are still in a healthy position. There is plenty of football to be played. I have complete belief in the players." #SWFC

Yet he still keeps FF out .

I think Monk needs to settle on a system.

Whether that is 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1.

If you are playing the latter, then those in midfield have got to get around Fletcher and offer more in terms of goals. 

Zero goals from Bannan, Lee, two from Luongo, three from Harris, two from Murphy and one from Reach? That is not enough when you've got a striker who isn't prolific. 

If you don’t attack. You don’t score. If you don’t score you don’t win. When I saw the team he picked last night my first question was where’s the goals in that side. If we get a 12 point deduction we are in serious trouble. 

Lots of people saying "we don't attack enough".

25ish shots yesterday... according to WhoScored 16 of those came from inside the penalty area. That's a pretty high number considering the last couple of years we've struggled to reach half of that in 90 minutes. We just don't have the personell capable of hitting the back of the net

3 hours ago, maltbyowl said:

Only scored more than 1 goal against Swansea yet starts 1 upfront and only has Niuhu on bench, where's Rhodes and Winnall?

FF not starting doesn't take alot to notice so why is Monk not seeing it or is it because there's something we don't know regards to finance or whatever? or is Chansiri picking the team?

I'm guessing you don't like the starting formation, 4 5 1 looks negative but 2 of the midfielders are supposed to support Fletcher which they don't seem to do, on too many occasions Fletcher is winning or trying to win ball with no one near him or making runs off ball. 

Saying that we could or should have gone in at half time 2-0 up, Keiran Lee should have scored, could have even squared ball to Fletcher to roll into an empty net, Fletch himself should have done better when ball dropped to him on edge of area, on target and it would have been 1-0. 

Obviously we're more of a threat when Nuhui and Forestieri are on but we do look a little open at back compared to other formation. 

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Lots of people saying "we don't attack enough".

25ish shots yesterday... according to WhoScored 16 of those came from inside the penalty area. That's a pretty high number considering the last couple of years we've struggled to reach half of that in 90 minutes. We just don't have the personell capable of hitting the back of the net

How many of them were before we switched to 2 up front?

• Like 1