Team vs Charlton

Good time to be playing Charlton, depleted by injuries, got to be a positive line up. Anything other than 3 points will be a big disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Dawson

Moses

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Hutch

Bannan

Murphy

Harris

Fessi

Fletch

Fessi playing behind Fletch. Number 10 role but playing nearly 4-4-2. We may concede more but i want to roll the dice and see if we put more up top can we score more? If we get hammered might be back to 4-3-3. But i think worth a roll of the dice of playing 4-2-3-1 really, but Fessi pushed right up just behind Fletch. I would be asking Bannan to get it and launch quick balls up for pace of Murphy and Harris for counter attacks. It might not work. But worth ago, using the leicester model a little.

Harsh on Reach, lee and Luongo, But we need more than 1 system. I would try this to try score a few on the road on the counter. For this i would have Winnall on the bench rather than Nuhiu, as he would work better in a counter attacking team.

I think Borner is suspended, too many yellows.

• Thanks 1

On 28/11/2019 at 13:05, Bouncing Owl said:

Dawson

Moses

Lees

Iorfa

Fox

Luongo

Hutch

Bannan

Harris

Fletch

FF

I want us to push these wingers more forward. Yes, they will need to track back like Monk wants us to but I want to see the closer to fletcher. 

Yep, I'd go with that. 

My only concern is whether Fletcher can cope with 3 games in 7 days. I hope he can without any consequences.

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

FF has to start this game surely. Would like to see Hutchinson come back in and looks like Borner will be out so Lees comes in. Should be a good time to play them with their injuries. 

Agree, against a promoted team with 13 players absent,  really is a must win game. 

On 27/11/2019 at 23:22, Owl 44 said:

GK: Iorfa

RB: Iorfa

CB: Iorfa

CB: Iorfa

LB: Iorfa

RW: Iorfa

CM: Iorfa

CM: Iorfa

LW: Iorfa

CF: Iorfa

CF: Forestieri   Iorfa 

Unlikely to happen though cos Monk doesn't like playing 442.

corrected it mate 

Dawson 

Odubajo  Iorfa  Lees  Fox

Reach Lee Bannan Loungo  Harris

Fletcher

I think I'm probably a lone voice here, but I thought we were much better in the first half v Birmingham than the second

We created 4 decent chances first half and we made Birmingham look poor

Second half we were all over the place at times

Lees has got to come in for the suspended Borner

I know Reach is very low on confidence, but I'd sooner have him than the lazy Murphy

Forestieri can't be trusted, his heart isn't in it, and he clearly doesn't want to be here, he can rot on the bench for me

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Dawson 

Odubajo  Iorfa  Lees  Fox

Reach Lee Bannan Loungo  Harris

Fletcher

I think I'm probably a lone voice here, but I thought we were much better in the first half v Birmingham than the second

We created 4 decent chances first half and we made Birmingham look poor

Second half we were all over the place at times

Lees has got to come in for the suspended Borner

I know Reach is very low on confidence, but I'd sooner have him than the lazy Murphy

Forestieri can't be trusted, his heart isn't in it, and he clearly doesn't want to be here, he can rot on the bench for me

They are fair points.

We did control the game in the 1st half. 

That said, Reach cannot keep his place after a performance like that. But, we are pretty limited in options in those wide areas...like you say, Murphy; lazy, Forestieri; petulant, Reach; hopelessly out of form. 

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

They are fair points.

We did control the game in the 1st half. 

That said, Reach cannot keep his place after a performance like that. But, we are pretty limited in options in those wide areas...like you say, Murphy; lazy, Forestieri; petulant, Reach; hopelessly out of form. 

I've based my choice on the fact he can't play that bad again, and if I was going to put my arm around a player, I'd much sooner it be Reach than Forestieri or Murphy

Anyway, we've got to build his confidence up so we can get a decent fee for him in January.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

With Reach, he just needs to move to the left hand side, a role where he thrived under CC.  Also links up well with Bazza playing on the left of centre midfield.  They are both on the same wave length.  

I think there is a tendency to keep him on the right because he scored those wonder goals.  

Move Reach to the left, Harris to the right, both players in their natural positions and on their strongest foot.