Enjoyed that...

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I thought Fox had a good game, always in space and defended well, its a bloody difficult job to track up and down the flank on yer own 

Fox had an excellent game, first 30min he was best player on the pitch until Iorfa went full-on beast mode

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The effort is there.

Alas, we keep missing good chances and giving away poor goals.

Without a more clinical edge, we ain't going to do too much. 

It is easier said than done, but I just wish we could play with intensity in the first half of games, like we did in the last twenty or so minutes. 

Having Nando, Adthe etc on the pitch certainly gave us something in the second half.

Think we've got to get a formation sorted. Fletch as a lone striker is fine if people are getting in and around him. If not it can all become a bit aimless.

Fletch is immense at times but he must start to think it's all a bit pointless if there's no one to run off him and stick it in the net

Not sure why people are moaning about the op. This is the opposite of what we had when we were playing crap and winning, 2nd season under Carlos. Winning the games didn't stop the moaning. We're dominating games but not quite getting the results. They moaned that we were awful to watch. Now we're good to watch and it's still not right. Playing well isn't stopping the moaning. Make your minds up. 

The frustrating thing is I think the league is the poorest it’s been for ages this year, the fact we have won 1 in 7 and still in contention for the play offs tells you everything.

if we can just string a few wins together we will be fine, but looking back the last 7 games we should have got about 7/8 points more than we have and that would have us challenging top 2

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought we were excellent, just not clinical enough. Played with intensity and they couldn’t cope with us particularly in the second half. Players played their hearts out and deserved three points. 

We just lack 1 or 2 players who are ruthless in front of goal. We don’t have one player in the squad who is clinical in my opinion. That’s what’s costing us at the minute. But I thought we played really well.  Iorfa was immense, FF was super when he came on and Fox is improving after every game.

You need to get out more 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought we were excellent, just not clinical enough. Played with intensity and they couldn’t cope with us particularly in the second half. Players played their hearts out and deserved three points. 

We just lack 1 or 2 players who are ruthless in front of goal. We don’t have one player in the squad who is clinical in my opinion. That’s what’s costing us at the minute. But I thought we played really well.  Iorfa was immense, FF was super when he came on and Fox is improving after every game.

You say excellent I say frustration, yes we knocked on the door but come on, Birmingham were the worst side ive seen come here this season yet it took an 81st min goal from Harris to scrape a point- that no matter how its dressed up it simply not good enough.

Our strikers arent scoring and our defending is woeful at time ....only consolation last night for me was we didnt concede a late goal for a change.

17 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

20,30,40k a week should be enough to ignite the players

Some fans work 4/5 hours to pay for a ticket and the players can't play 90 minutes 

Way people defend the players is silly 

They are making a fool of this club 

Its the way football has gone...the sky high prices is killing the game.

Part of me wishes the whole thing pops but whilst we have sky, BT and so on the money will keep coming.

Did anybody, on seeing the starting line-up expect anything any different?

The subs (barring Lees for Borner's probable injury) could be predicted beforehand, and so could their impact thereafter.

But what was the point of the 1st hour or so, we've seen the game before we even got there - so why hadn't Monk?

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m just fairly apathetic about Wednesday at the moment. I’ve managed to take of the blue and white specs, and without them I thought we played well and just lack a goal scorer who knows where the back of the net is. Fletcher needs a break out the side. 

At the end of the day Fletcher should be scoring in the first half and Lee should bury his chance clean on goal. Then you’re 2 up at half time. We aren’t clinical. But performance wise that was a strong showing tonight. 

This...all day long! I find that I expect them to be a goal down the longer the score is at 0-0. It would appear that we could have put the game to bed in the first half last night...but no, chances go begging again. A bit of intensity and dare I say it full concentration in front of goal would improve things. I mean,if you’re any kind of player in and around the opposition’s penalty area, and I don’t care what position you play or what number you have on your back, show some composure and class and find the flippin target! 
There...you see I managed it without ever using the clinical wor...oh bugger!!