Enjoyed that...

Thought we played well. We are just so wasteful should have been an easy win by 4 or 5 goals. FF and Nuhui made a difference, would say starting FF is a must.

So mid table fodder until we get another decent striker. Can't blame Monk as he has inherited so many average players. Think it's all about next season, shame as the league is so poor this year

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

It's clearly a confidence issue now.

The tide will start to turn once they start going in. 

The positives for me is that conceding late goals for 3 weeks running could completely kill your confidence. But each week I think we’ve come out and responded with a good performance. Just lacking that final ball or ruthlessness in front of goal. 

You can’t fault these players for effort, the vast majority are playing their hearts out. We just lack one or two players to mount a play off push. The biggest fear is the EFL do their worst and we then get sucked in to a relegation battle. Because as it stands we are comfortably a mid table side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The positives for me is that conceding late goals for 3 weeks running could completely kill your confidence. But each week I think we’ve come out and responded with a good performance. Just lacking that final ball or ruthlessness in front of goal. 

You can’t fault these players for effort, the vast majority are playing their hearts out. We just lack one or two players to mount a play off push. The biggest fear is the EFL do their worst and we then get sucked in to a relegation battle. Because as it stands we are comfortably a mid table side. 

I just think we are carrying some players who don't seem to justify being in the championship. 

I always said once Reachs wonder goals dried up we would struggle to win games. 

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought we were excellent, just not clinical enough. Played with intensity and they couldn’t cope with us particularly in the second half. Players played their hearts out and deserved three points. 

We just lack 1 or 2 players who are ruthless in front of goal. We don’t have one player in the squad who is clinical in my opinion. That’s what’s costing us at the minute. But I thought we played really well.  Iorfa was immense, FF was super when he came on and Fox is improving after every game.

Excellent is a little ott but we did do enough to win game comfortably, 24 attempts on goal with only 5 on target is concerning, wrong decisions, wrong final ball and one or two poor crosses is difference. 

I suppose we can add a bit of bad luck at times, not just tonight but last few games, the football gods don't seem to favour us right now. 

It was OK but it wasn’t 3 points we should have got... we aren’t destined for much if we can’t win when we should do. 

75mins onwards was a repeat of literally every game at Hillsborough I’ve been to... up the tempo, huff and puff, miss chances... then go home and think about what could have been. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

You been any other games this season? Millwall, Blackburn.

Neither, all home games though and it was certainly one of our worst home performances. It was flat and we needed to up the tempo of the game, it was almost like a friendly at times 

8 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Someone mentioned confidence, this is the main thing for our lack of goals. We are trying to walk the ball into the net, in the box just shoot and gamble. 

Numerous times players passed up on the chance to shoot, from positions that were far better than the one Harris scored from

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought we were excellent, just not clinical enough. Played with intensity and they couldn’t cope with us particularly in the second half. Players played their hearts out and deserved three points. 

We just lack 1 or 2 players who are ruthless in front of goal. We don’t have one player in the squad who is clinical in my opinion. That’s what’s costing us at the minute. But I thought we played really well.  Iorfa was immense, FF was super when he came on and Fox is improving after every game.

Chansiri has £5 in the post on it's way to you.

Enjoyable it certainly wasn’t!!! From the management, to the players (except Big Dom) and especially the fans. 

We don’t get behind them enough, it was like a reserves atmosphere tonight.

We need to be louder, it could ignite the players. 

Edited by DanS6Owl

The effort is there.

Alas, we keep missing good chances and giving away poor goals.

Without a more clinical edge, we ain't going to do too much. 

It is easier said than done, but I just wish we could play with intensity in the first half of games, like we did in the last twenty or so minutes. 

Having Nando, Adthe etc on the pitch certainly gave us something in the second half.

Think we've got to get a formation sorted. Fletch as a lone striker is fine if people are getting in and around him. If not it can all become a bit aimless.

Looked OK to me We are a mid table side, that, hopefully with 2 or 3 decent loan signings, can start to climb the table. Guess that, because my expectations weren’t that high when Monk was appointed, we are about where I thought we’d be. In fact, Monk has impressed me with some of the work he’s done, but he needs to get us on the front foot a bit earlier. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DanS6Owl said:

Enjoyable it certainly wasn’t!!! From the management, to the players (except Big Dom) and especially the fans. 

We don’t get behind them enough, it was like a reserves atmosphere tonight.

We need to be louder, it could ignite the players. 

20,30,40k a week should be enough to ignite the players

Some fans work 4/5 hours to pay for a ticket and the players can't play 90 minutes 

Way people defend the players is silly 

They are making a fool of this club 

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Are you being serious? Our movement and creativity was non existent until our late second half comeback and we were so predictable. Did you watch our throw-ins, no one wanting to actually receive the ball.