Enjoyed that...

Thought we were excellent, just not clinical enough. Played with intensity and they couldn’t cope with us particularly in the second half. Players played their hearts out and deserved three points. 

We just lack 1 or 2 players who are ruthless in front of goal. We don’t have one player in the squad who is clinical in my opinion. That’s what’s costing us at the minute. But I thought we played really well.  Iorfa was immense, FF was super when he came on and Fox is improving after every game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought we were excellent, just not clinical enough. Played with intensity and they couldn’t cope with us particularly in the second half. Players played their hearts out and deserved three points. 

We just lack 1 or 2 players who are ruthless in front of goal. We don’t have one player in the squad who is clinical in my opinion. That’s what’s costing us at the minute. But I thought we played really well.  Iorfa was immense, FF was super when he came on and Fox is improving after every game.

FF can be clinical if played, no disrespect to fox but he is average at best, I didn't enjoy at all, it was so frustrating and a game we should win at home. 

1 minute ago, debram said:

FF can be clinical if played, no disrespect to fox but he is average at best, I didn't enjoy at all, it was so frustrating and a game we should win at home. 

I thought Fox had a good game, always in space and defended well, its a bloody difficult job to track up and down the flank on yer own 

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I agree OP

We really did murder them and got sucker punched for not taking our chances - were so desperate for that final piece of the puzzle 

There are numerous pieces of the puzzle missing not just one. A clinical striker won't solve all our problems unfortunately.

Edited by s6 owl

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If you thought we were excellent , you are easily pleased. 

I’m just fairly apathetic about Wednesday at the moment. I’ve managed to take of the blue and white specs, and without them I thought we played well and just lack a goal scorer who knows where the back of the net is. Fletcher needs a break out the side. 

At the end of the day Fletcher should be scoring in the first half and Lee should bury his chance clean on goal. Then you’re 2 up at half time. We aren’t clinical. But performance wise that was a strong showing tonight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

This is why this club will always be a shambles

People accept sh!t and you'll keep getting it served to you

I wouldn't describe that performance as "sh*t" to be honest, i would describe it as needing some fine tuning in the striking department...Iorfa was excellent, the midfield was decent...a bit of a curates egg I admit...but "Sh*t"?...not really

Monk has the players fit and there is an energy about us, tonight we zipped the ball about and tried to get the wingers involved but with such a poor attacking intent in the box we’re never going to score many goals. You can see why he’s brought Lee back into the side but we still need more bodies in there.

FF absolutely has to start each and every game. You play your best players it’s as simple as that, and you work around the external factors there may be. Reach can rotate with Harris on form 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It's clearly a confidence issue now.

The tide will start to turn once they start going in.