Fletcher - strike/conversion rate

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I can’t shake the notion that one of the few people who think he should play centrally is FF himself, and he’s sulking again because yet another manager sees him (rightly) as a wide player. 

I can’t shake the notion that you can’t seem to see outside of the winger/striker dynamic.

Its not 1985 mate. Football has moved on. 

Is Salah a winger or a striker? What’s Messi? What’s Ronaldo?

They’re neither. They’re just attackers, which is what FF is. 

We never, ever use the guy correctly. And it’s been the same for most of his time here He just has to make the best of what he’s given. 

21 hours ago, kingsidney said:

We’re the epitome of bang average. 

not much worse than the good sides and not much better than the poor sides. 

Sorry I still dont agree - it's mainly down to not having a consistent striker who is more clinical as the table shows we are making more than enough chances to win most games which would suggest the team over all is better than average, our finishing is not.

Bang average strikers maybe, but I think the team overall deserve better than that. lol

image.thumb.png.a2d7bc9afdbe12e2955b71f541d96510.png

On 27/11/2019 at 23:14, Emerson Thome said:

image.thumb.png.62aae48bd5599954c7ee6dc7728102fd.png

I don't have time to update the whole bloody thing, but Fletcher now at 8 goals from 48 shots = 16.67%... although the penalties do help. Still, whatever our problem is, it certainly isn't Fletcher, I think we can conclude.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

I don't have time to update the whole bloody thing, but Fletcher now at 8 goals from 48 shots = 16.67%... although the penalties do help. Still, whatever our problem is, it certainly isn't Fletcher, I think we can conclude.

Fletcher is our talisman, plain and simple , without him we’re half the side we need to hope and pray he can stay fit 

Said in the summer he needed to step up and take that responsibility of leading the line, he’s doing everything right so far , couple more goals to get into double figures and hopefully we see the best scoring season of his career to date 

7 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Teemu Pukki showing how to play one up front and the qualities needed to be able to play in that role...

And yet I have a Porridge warrior friend who says they couldn't wait to bomb him out at Celtic because he was pants. 

Not fit to tie the boots of his predecessor Gary Hooper....

To be consideree too duff for Scotland....

Yet comes and does it in the Championship and then Premier.

It's bizarre really.

Interesting to see if he keeps it up or is having an extended purple patch.

• Like 1

Lets not forget he gives us a lot more than goals as well. He wasn't in the best of form in November to be fair to the OP, but perhaps we should reflect on poor owlzfans humbling and remember that form is temporary etc. before letting short term frustrations cloud the long term reality.

Although there is no hope of that happening...lol

21 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

tbf he was proving you wrong before you even posted this. 

All about opinions.

Like I say, delighted he's bangin' them in.

Let's just hope he can stay fit.

I fancy him to score tonight too - Derby really lacking any presence at the back.