Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Danny Wilson would just like to say he's had enough of fancy dans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said the other day, "Forestieiri is done, part of the problem, not the solution" 

 

Got negged a million times.  Bannan just confirmed it. 

 

He's given up. Played 90 minutes, 6 times in 2 years. Surgery must have hampered him. 

 

He's looking to pass, instead of the driving meaningful runs we used to see. 

 

Be lucky to loan him out in Jan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that the posts from BigAsh and Ash76 I find very strange indeed

 

FF is an excellent player and it is now up to Monk to show that unlike Danny Wilson he has the ability to manage top players.

 

Wilson had not the first clue how to manage Paulo DiCanio.

 

We then gave him away and Harry Redknapp turned him into an outstanding Premier League talent.

 

Oh and just whisper it quietly but PdC was worth the cost of admiision on his own.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2019 at 23:18, Stockyowl said:

Anyone notice the bench screaming at him when he was warming up? Must have gone on for 3 minutes, he just kept turning his back to them and carried on warming up. Ball went out of play 3 times after Weaver informed 4th official of the substitution. Even sent another sub to fetch him back. 

Yep. Hence why he doesnt play. Body language is chronic, always looks like he is carrying a 50 ton weight on his shoulders. Should have got rid 18 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have to say that the posts from BigAsh and Ash76 I find very strange indeed

 

FF is an excellent player and it is now up to Monk to show that unlike Danny Wilson he has the ability to manage top players.

 

Wilson had not the first clue how to manage Paulo DiCanio.

 

We then gave him away and Harry Redknapp turned him into an outstanding Premier League talent.

 

Oh and just whisper it quietly but PdC was worth the cost of admiision on his own.

 

 

 

Other ash here, agree some players need managing differently to get the best out of them.

 

Not every manager can do it, not every manager is capable of managing at or near the top of the game either where more talented players from different countries are commonplace.

 

Maybe big player management is something that seperates the big rons, fergies, klopps etc from the danny wilsons and many other lower tier managers. 

 

Looks as though its gone sour with monk so being sub might be it now, despite having a much needed positive game to offer compared to the likes of reach and murphy, things could still change though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I agree with all of that.

 

The challenge lies with Monk to get a talented player playing how well we know he can.

 

Many will recall the genius that was Stan Bowles at QPR.

 

Brilliantly-gifted player but apparently spent all day in the local bookmakers shop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes players need a change of scenery to get going again. I think Fessi is this. I think in Jan he will be sold for undisclosed fee (barely anything) to a new team, because rather do this than release for free in June. I would do the same with Winnall and Rhodes too. I would keep Nuhiu but still release in the summer. Loan a kid from PL and end season with Loan striker, Fletch, Nuhiu and Borukov in an emergency. The clearout needs to happen asap.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I said the other day, "Forestieiri is done, part of the problem, not the solution" 

 

Got negged a million times.  Bannan just confirmed it. 

 

He's given up. Played 90 minutes, 6 times in 2 years. Surgery must have hampered him. 

 

He's looking to pass, instead of the driving meaningful runs we used to see. 

 

Be lucky to loan him out in Jan.

 

Is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

 

Sorry mate, I also sit 10 yards from the dug out.  After FF ignored them for the 3rd time.  LB turned to the bench and clearly shouted 'Hutch go and get him' while gesturing with his thumb towards Foriesteri.

 

4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

 

FF is deaf 

 

No but it appears I am (and blind as well) ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trev said:

Yup.

 

Forestieri is clearly the arm around the shoulder and show some love type of player.

 

I'm not saying let him get away with anything and be all softy softy but some players need their ego caressing. 

 

U do whatever it takes to get the best out of your players. Especially your best players.

I’m sure that as someone who earns his living by managing football teams Garry Monk never realised this.

To be fair Monk is only the latest in a number of managers at Wednesday who have not played Forestieri regularly, but what do they all know when trying to build a team spirit  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarn owl said:

Sometimes players need a change of scenery to get going again. I think Fessi is this. I think in Jan he will be sold for undisclosed fee (barely anything) to a new team, because rather do this than release for free in June. I would do the same with Winnall and Rhodes too. I would keep Nuhiu but still release in the summer. Loan a kid from PL and end season with Loan striker, Fletch, Nuhiu and Borukov in an emergency. The clearout needs to happen asap.

 

So that's FF sold every window since arriving here keep plugging away sooner or later someone will be right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been waiting for FF to come good for 3 years. He hasn't produced his talent with any consistency since his first season. How long do we have to wait. Monk isn't the first manager to leave him on the bench when fit. That's down to FF not the managers.  Time to cash in this January if we get any offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Sometimes players need a change of scenery to get going again. I think Fessi is this. I think in Jan he will be sold for undisclosed fee (barely anything) to a new team, because rather do this than release for free in June. I would do the same with Winnall and Rhodes too. I would keep Nuhiu but still release in the summer. Loan a kid from PL and end season with Loan striker, Fletch, Nuhiu and Borukov in an emergency. The clearout needs to happen asap.

To be fair, we've been saying this for about 3 years (probably a lot longer) and we still don't seem to get it right. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

I’m sure that as someone who earns his living by managing football teams Garry Monk never realised this.

To be fair Monk is only the latest in a number of managers at Wednesday who have not played Forestieri regularly, but what do they all know when trying to build a team spirit  

Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone without blinkers on could see Forestieri wasn't interested against Birmingham

 

Yeah he did a couple of decent things, but he soon lost interest

 

He's like that mardy kid everyone put up with at school because he was the only one with a ball

 

The lad is definitely talented, but it's time he moved on, we need players who want to play for our club

 

And he looks like he doesn't

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't wanna start a shiiiiiiiit stir but I'm starting to think fessi is a little poison in the team again heard he refused to warm up or ignored monk when asked to do so and or even got face on about sub I also noticed he didn't celebrate when Harris scored ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mogbad said:

We've been waiting for FF to come good for 3 years. He hasn't produced his talent with any consistency since his first season. How long do we have to wait. Monk isn't the first manager to leave him on the bench when fit. That's down to FF not the managers.  Time to cash in this January if we get any offers.

Wont be able to cash in on someone out of contract at end of season we should have got rid for silly money back when Newcastle was sniffing and he refused to travel to Norwich or almost not play v villa 

Edited by Lomas613
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have to say that the posts from BigAsh and Ash76 I find very strange indeed

 

FF is an excellent player and it is now up to Monk to show that unlike Danny Wilson he has the ability to manage top players.

 

Wilson had not the first clue how to manage Paulo DiCanio.

 

We then gave him away and Harry Redknapp turned him into an outstanding Premier League talent.

 

Oh and just whisper it quietly but PdC was worth the cost of admiision on his own.

 

 

 

Theyre nothing like the same.

 

We’ve been nothing but supportive with Forestieri. More recently backing him through criminal proceedings and then an FA charge

 

Hes had it all here, throws toys out and a refused to play and gets a new contract. Arm around his shoulder, big public praise but he still struts round pitch with face on. I don’t doubt his ability but players with his kind of attitude are a cancer on clubs like ours.

 

I’ve  supporters him for long enough, done with him now, patience totally gone. 

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...