Wednesday - V -Birmingham OMDT

No way we are getting promoted anytime soon. I’ll be happy to stay in this league should we get a points deduction.

This squad has failed on 2 occasions to get promoted and is mentally weak and fragile. It needs a clear out and starting again.

Iorfa looked great tonight and he’s a major plus this season. Borner is decent as well and I’m sure they can form an excellent partnership. There are some pluses but I’d be tempted to have a total re-fresh if possible. 

Just now, daleblue said:

I don't believe any are under performing, I think all players we have can have good, not so good ,and poor performances in them, so mid table

would be about right, some people on here getting their knickers in a twist over nowt.

we are a mediocre, lets hope we don't get a big point deduction.

This is probably about right. 

Think we are around the 10th-12th mark again. 

We didn't play all that bad tonight, but we never really look like actually scoring. 

Inevitably, we then make a daft mistake and get punished. Dawson won't have many quieter nights than that. 

Thankfully, Harris (who I thought was woeful for the most part) comes up with a very good goal and we should have won it at the death...but then that is how luck is going at the moment. 

Without more of a cutting edge, I can't see us challenging properly for the top 6. 

Monk has got to find some goals from somewhere. For starters, he needs to sack off Reach. He has been nothing short of woeful this season. 

15 minutes ago, Animis said:

we only show real intent in the last 10 mins

For a few seasons now..

After laughably persisting trying for 80 minutes to get a pinpoint ball Onto Fletchers head.

Bringing Nando on gave us more threat through their back line rather than over it..

there is little point getting to the byline and crossing if you only have Fletcher surrounded by 5 players to aim at.

Iorfa was the only one looking to run straight at them.

2 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

no Monk will keep throwing Nuhui on, surely he will score...eventually..we are shybo..all those wasted chances....top 6 ....yeah right...Monk needs to do sowething quickly..

Tonight he threw on Nando before Nuhiu and then he threw on Nuhui afterward who was pretty good too. 

I thought Wednesday looked bereft of confidence and once that mood takes hold it really can result in a downward spiral - I’m sure EFL uncertainties haven’t helped.  Maybe Forestieri can help bring the spark that’s so badly needed, but as things stand I’m simply hoping to avoid points deduction / relegation.

On the plus side I thought Luongo did ok, Forestieri did enough to deserve a start, Fox had a decent game (apart from goal) and Iorfa was outstanding.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I didn’t say he needs to answer questions I said questions might need to be asked about him. 

Start asking questions when he's has a couple of windows to build a team.

What do you expect, Monk is working with players who have come up short many times before? Why do you blame Monk when they come up short again?

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Start asking questions when he's has a couple of windows to build a team.

What do you expect, Monk is working with players who have come up short many times before? Why do you blame Monk when they come up short again?

thing is can you actually see us doing much business in the transfer windows when we are in such a mess off the pitch? Monk needs to be getting the best out of what he has to work with imo and I don’t think he is getting that. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

This is probably about right. 

Think we are around the 10th-12th mark again. 

We didn't play all that bad tonight, but we never really look like actually scoring. 

Inevitably, we then make a daft mistake and get punished. Dawson won't have many quieter nights than that. 

Thankfully, Harris (who I thought was woeful for the most part) comes up with a very good goal and we should have won it at the death...but then that is how luck is going at the moment. 

Without more of a cutting edge, I can't see us challenging properly for the top 6. 

Monk has got to find some goals from somewhere. For starters, he needs to sack off Reach. He has been nothing short of woeful this season. 

When Reach first came to us I (often) criticised him, I thought he should be better, just the cost alone, a lot on here said 

we were playing him out of position and we would benefit once he was moved, so he moved and moved and moved, and never made a position his, his wonder goals have hidden the truth, he's not that good, but some on here still give him the benefit of doubt, hopefully Monk can get fresh legs in, with a bit of passion.

I know we've only taken two points from the last three games, but honestly I think our performances have generally been okay and we've not been outplayed in any of these games. We've certainly played far worse this season and managed to win when we maybe didn't deserve it (home game against Wigan springs to mind, Stoke and Luton weren't much better either)

The only thing I will say is that using Fletcher as a lone striker in a home game against Birmingham is far too negative. In games such as this we also need to be starting Forestieri or Nuhiu alongside him.

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

could be worse, we could have spunked tens of millions of pounds on players and be in the same league position as when Stuart Gray left four years ago. 

Not forgetting selling the ground in a dodgy transaction that may see us relegated once the points deduction kicks in. 

Merry Christmas mate.