Monk on West Brom

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Havnt we got a game analyst or some such bloke now?

I thing since he arrived we have given up leads and late goals in each match. 

Has he communicated his findings to Monk yet?

Unless the game analyst bloke or Gary Monk is a poster on here, the answer will be "I don't know" :tongue:

36 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Reach and Odubajo are both capable.  Fox and Lee to deputise those WB roles if we get injuries etc.

Odubajo I get that.

Not sure about Reach. Most folks don't think he tackles well enough as a winger. Never mind wing back with defensive responsibilities!

Pressume we're going all out attack here!

Surprised about Lee as back-up wing back too if I'm honest. Not sure he's played there for about 8 years! Think midfield is his best position now isn't it. 

Who's you're midfield 3?

To be fair we don't have the players for wingbacks. Odubajo is a shoe in but thats about it. I'd rather we concentrate on getting those wingers/inside forwards firing. Way too wide and deep most of the time, isolating Fletcher.

Of the 10 outfield players, for balance we need a 5 and 5. Back 4 plus Hutch or the DM to be defensive, the rest to get up the pitch. Full backs pushing on to make extra bodies when they can, giving us an overload, 3+7. Bannan and Hutch(even Lee) holding hands near our centre backs really annoys me and stifles our attacks through the middle, which in turn makes it easy for teams to deal with Harris and to a lesser extent Murphy.

13 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Put our best XI in their most natural positions and they’re less likely to make daft errors at either end of the pitch.

Hardly rocket science that.

So where would you play Westwood then.  I can’t think of any other position that would be regarded as his best yet he has made more than his share of errors

14 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

To be honest West Brom are the best team in the league. Losing to them is no great embarrassment. It’s games like Wednesday against Birmingham and at the weekend against Charlton that we have to be getting results from. 

That is a defeatist attitude if ever i heard one!

We should want to beat everyone. No excuses. 

When we lose we rightly should be disappointed, not look on it as an "Oh well" 

I think part of our problem is the attitude of fans. We should be more demanding. 

2 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

That is a defeatist attitude if ever i heard one!

We should want to beat everyone. No excuses. 

When we lose we rightly should be disappointed, not look on it as an "Oh well" 

I think part of our problem is the attitude of fans. We should be more demanding. 

In a sense I do agree with you. Believe me I hate us getting beat whoever it is against, puts me in a horrible mood. However I expect us to get results against teams like Birmingham and Charlton, be worrying if we come away from the next 2 games without a good return.