Monk on West Brom

image.png

Garry Monk:

"I feel sick for the players. To come to the league leaders and play that well and get nothing. The first half was even, but in the second we were the better team.

To create that amount of chances and not win. How we've not won that game, let alone not take any points is astounding. Everything in terms of performance is there apart from being ruthless and clinical.

We can't continue in that way. So much of that game was exactly what we needed it to be. We'll stick together and, if we continue to perform like that, results will turn for us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Can’t fault Monk at all since he’s come in. He’s got pretty much everything spot on. It’s the players that are hitting the panic button near the end of games which are costing us

Meh. 

trying to Nick a 1-0 in the last ten minutes doesn’t scream spot on to me. 

Midfield of Lee, Hutch and Bannan. It hasn’t been strong enough for the past 4 years. Why does he think differently (especially when they are all 4 years older)?

Fletcher up top - said last season that he won’t fire us into the prem and unfortunately it is the case, clear as day. He can be a handful but we need goals (ok he scored a pen!)

We need to move on from the crux of his squad.

Edited by GMOwl72

9 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Meh. 

trying to Nick a 1-0 in the last ten minutes doesn’t scream spot on to me. 

I don’t know if many don’t realise it, but we aren’t that good a side, and we’ve not got that many goals in our squad. Until we’ve had a big turnover in players, I reckon that’s the way Monk will go

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png

Garry Monk:

"I feel sick for the players. To come to the league leaders and play that well and get nothing. The first half was even, but in the second we were the better team.

To create that amount of chances and not win. How we've not won that game, let alone not take any points is astounding. Everything in terms of performance is there apart from being ruthless and clinical.

We can't continue in that way. So much of that game was exactly what we needed it to be. We'll stick together and, if we continue to perform like that, results will turn for us.

Reyt then....Wednesday night, lets have it :bullen:. UTO.

We’ve not deserved to lose a game since monk came in. Some performances have been poor like stoke and Blackburn but we have been ‘in’ every game and should have taken a lot more points.

This mental fragility needs to get sorted. There’s obviously an issue and Monk needs to earn his money on this. No more frigging excuses. 

51 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Getting a bit bored of Monk’s usual ‘need to take our chances’ line.

What about utilising our best players, or here’s a thought, actually putting them in their best positions.

I’ve now lost count of the amount of points that his tactics/selections/subs have cost us in the last 6 games.

Bored he’s only been here 2 minutes ffs

54 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

What about utilising our best players, or here’s a thought, actually putting them in their best positions.

I’ve now lost count of the amount of points that his tactics/selections/subs have cost us in the last 6 games.

Is it Monks tactics though or individual mistakes?

Save individual errors his tactics would have us in the top 3 wouldn't they?

Who do you think is playing out of position currently? 

There's an argument that Palmer is a better left back than right back.

Or that Reach could play left wing. 

After that...they are all in their best positions aren't they? 

54 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Well, we do need to take our chances and it is the players who are making stupid mistakes which are costing us points. 

Apart from that, great post. 

20 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Bored he’s only been here 2 minutes ffs

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is it Monks tactics though or individual mistakes?

Save individual errors his tactics would have us in the top 3 wouldn't they?

Who do you think is playing out of position currently? 

There's an argument that Palmer is a better left back than right back.

Or that Reach could play left wing. 

After that...they are all in their best positions aren't they? 

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, we do need to take our chances and it is the players who are making stupid mistakes which are costing us points. 

Apart from that, great post. 

Put our best XI in their most natural positions and they’re less likely to make daft errors at either end of the pitch.

Hardly rocket science that.