Where are the goals going to come from?

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

It was start of the season ,one of the joao threads ,people happy to see the back of him (which I was ) .but no thought were the goals are gonna come from .

Our strikers won't get 25 between um and the 3 midfielders who started against westbrom have 1 goal between them.

You're right..It was the Joao thread where I said...I can see us doing well if we actually concentrate in the last 3 minutes..I apologise...

Just now, asteener1867 said:

You're right..It was the Joao thread where I said...I can see us doing well if we actually concentrate in the last 3 minutes..I apologise...

I never mentioned it was you who said anything. so I dont know where you've got that from .

Anyway ,

How many goals has our 'best midfielder in league' ,Lee and hutch contributed this season? 

6 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I never mentioned it was you who said anything. so I dont know where you've got that from .

Anyway ,

How many goals has our 'best midfielder in league' ,Lee and hutch contributed this season? 

You never mentioned it was "Anyone" who said it mate...Its a strawman argument to reinforce an opinion thats blatantly obvious without recourse to the usual 

"I got the answer"  

"We've got goals all over the park"

When actually you didn't get that answer from many did you?

Edited by asteener1867

Guest The Horse

The central defenders should be getting at least a few.
Iorfa and Lee are big units, Borner looks like he might be getting there.
But it's a far cry from when Pearson and Shirtliff were on the scoresheet every other week and in more recent times, as were Llera and Johnson.
There's obviosuly something basic we're not doing with set pieces. Either the defenders aren't brave enough or the routines are not good enough.
I'm giving Monk well into next season though. He's got a right lot to sort out before he gets to focus his attention on goal scoring defenders.
Doesn't mean it negates the issue. A top side has goals from all over the park. Usually.

Guest Theboylangers
19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Lee can come on for luongo or bannan, FF gets his start, if he refuses to track back then it shows what he thinks of the club. Reach can sub on for Harris or FF.  The other option is Iorfa back to RB and lees back in the middle.

C8BDB04E-E6CB-4FAE-AA63-FCB6530A9F41.png

At least put us in Blue and White mate!

:duntmatter:

The most natural finishers in the team aren't getting a look in at the minute.

Rhodes divides opinions but his record speaks for itself and he is head and shoulders the most natural finisher at the club when you can get a tune out of him, sadly he can't play the system we currently employ and continues to look like the worst business in our history.

Forestieri when on song is a huge talent and our stand out player who can create something from nothing and has shown he can finish we he gets the chance, he appears to be another who is being slowly frozen out and it's hard to see where he fits into the current system.

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

At least put us in Blue and White mate!

:duntmatter:

Yeah sorry, Mrs was nagging at me. Apparently me spending an extra 20 seconds will make us late, despite me being sat waiting for her to get ready for the last 30 minutes.

82CF8474-4652-459E-AE41-6649ED935386.png

• Haha 1

.we don't seem to have a problem scoring one goal per game but playing in that manner makes clean sheets essential and if the keeper had done the  job he did under Carlos's negative way of playing  we'd be in the top 4 he hasn't  so we aint ……  

Monk will be more than aware of Forestieri and what he can do,  bit daft/naive to think he’s sat on bench just because Monk doesn’t fancy him 

Suspect the lad doesn’t wanna play over here anymore after everything he’s had thrown at him, wouldn’t be shocked if he’s out the door come January 

Get some decent fullbacks in and we will start scoring more. Either from their own crosses or by allowing the wide midfield players to get further forward without worrying about the man behind being caught out. Again. 

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

There is no guarantee but if they never play a single minute of any game it is a guarantee they will never score.

It is not working at the moment so the manager needs to stop being so pig headed and try something different.

Even with the late goals, we have one of the best defences in the league but when we are creating chances and not scoring it put more pressure on the defence in the last 3 games we have created 46 changes on goal and managed to score just 4 goals (getting 1 point), compare that to the teams around us, Brentford 28 and 4 goals (6 points), Bristol City 32 changes, 3 goals (5 points), Swansea 29, 4 goals (4 points). Clearly we are creating a lot more changes than other teams

If we don't give other players a chance to sort our scoring issues out the teams is going to continue to slid down the league and if we do get any sort of points deduction relegation could be a real chance of happening.

Guy on P and G suggested the points deduction likelihood means we are going nowhere this season. Whatever. In any case, any team rarely scoring more than 1 goal vs decent teams is not goi ng anywhere! Without FF in the team, that’s the way it has been for years!

No idea whats happened to Lee but he's scared to death to have a shot. Its no wonder hes not scoring. Lee, Hutch and Bannan won't make/score enough to get us into the play offs. Luongo has h'energy to get past Fletcher and isn't scared to have a dig. Swansea also showed us how a front 3 should work in our last home match. Their 3 were practically next to each other for most of the game and caused us lots of problems. 

We are getting carried away in our misery. We are scoring in line with every Chansiri season. Defensively we are sound.

15/16 GF66 GA45

16/17 GF60 GA45

17-18 GF59 GA60

18/19 GF60 GA62

Currently on target for GF60 GA43.

Luck is not going our way at one end. How many times must we hit the woodwork rather than score? At the other end individual defensive lapses from Westwood, Odubajo, Borner, Iorfa and Palmer have cost us dearly. Somehow Monk has to reduce the number of schoolboy errors. If he can we will be fine.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1