Why are we unhappy?

No one can question that DC has put his money where his mouth is ,and desperately wants to get us into the premier,  but his naivety and lack of knowledge of football left him wide open to being screwed by the likes of Doyen and their clingers on . He should have got rid of them the minute he bought the club and employed an experienced football man to guide him. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Right set up??? -They were an absolute shambles that got lucky that one of the best English managers that has emerged for years happened to be a grunter, their success his down to him 100%.

Course it's down to him but that's the case for just about all lower league clubs; getting the right manager.

5 minutes ago, torres said:

High season ticket prices, stupidly high potg prices, high kit prices  - suggests otherwise 

Insofar as he wanted to get us promoted. 

I don't think he's here to make loads of money as has been suggested in the past. 

I mean, if he is, then he's got an interesting way of going about it. 

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Should be old enough and wise enough with 71 years under the belt, to realise these things are cyclical. 

We're all taking some stick from the snortbeasts, but the comeuppance is going to be sweet. 

I'm still confident we'll do it this season, even with a points deduction. Then we'll sort these upstarts aht next season. 

UTO

It's a blooming long cycle! 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Insofar as he wanted to get us promoted. 

I don't think he's here to make loads of money as has been suggested in the past. 

I mean, if he is, then he's got an interesting way of going about it. 

I'd be more worried about him than i already am if he didn't want promotion 

That is why any chairmen would take over surely? The pot of gold that is the premier league 

One of the first things he did was increase ticket prices  - that isn't someone who has his heart in the right place 

11 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

A lot of unhappy supporters on here and many branding them as moaners.

Well I have just watched that other Sheffield club on MOTD playing at our previous ground against MUFC.  They played well with a team which has cost much less than ours, still costs less than ours and is not as good as ours. But boy, are they getting the best out of them and being allowed nearly 33k in the stadium which the same SAG allows us nowhere near in spite of nearly 40k seats. 

We still have every reason to be doing better but on many fronts, not just on the pitch, we are not. Thanks for all the investment but we are nowhere near where we should be. No wonder so many are so angry. 

After 63 years active support, I am not ashamed to say I am really fed up. I have 2 1/2 years left on my season ticket but at the age of 71 I really am beginning to feel it will probably now take longer than I have years left. 

So do you still brand me a moaner and not a real supporter?

Good post. I’ve been following the Wednesday since the 50’s although I only get to a handful of games a season now when my lad can get across to take me.

The only thing I will pull you up on is the comment that the other lots players aren’t as good as ours. We’ve been saying that for years and to be quite honest it’s become ridiculous. They've got strong minded technically good players throughout the team, some who could now be worth tens of £millions and they also payed £30m for two of the goal scorers. How much will their young kid up front now be worth in today’s market?

Like I’ve being saying for weeks, our current players simply aren’t good enough whoever manages them, they’ve had their chance and continually come up short. When you look at the quality of a player, you have to consider their mental strength and attitude as well as technical ability. However it’s been achieved, United’s team seem to have that in bundles while we if we’re truthful always expect to be let down. It’s time for a clear out lads, the majority of this squad of players will never be good enough for the Wednesday and to say that they’re still better than what we saw yesterday seems just plain daft to me.

Edited by Growl67

I think at the moment it feels like everything we touch is turning to sh*te, whilst our neighbours are having the exact opposite experience with everything they’re touching turning to gold. It’s an incredibly frustrating situation and doesn’t look like changing any time soon. 

At 45 years old I've learned that it's pointless getting upset, wound up, unhappy or mad about things you can't control or change in life... 

Watching Wednesday is one of those things people need to just realise this. 

If my boots are leaking, I can buy some more. If I'm hungry, I make some food. 

You can't make players follow instructions, give it 101% out on the pitch or run any faster, we'll unless you chase them around with a cattle prod I suppose lol

• Thanks 1

I'm unhappy because Mr Monk is not learning quickly enough that Palmer should not be first choice full back. That he is playing only one upfront and leaving FF on the bench when we needs goals. 

I'm happy with the appointment of GM and should be given time but he needs to learn quickly because current points total from last few games are not good enough.

• Like 1

No, you aren’t a moaner, you’re a longstanding supporter who has opinions and that’s cool.

All this “grow a pair “ macho bullsh*t is tiresome, your views are worth hearing.

Here’s a little reverse psychology that might calm your irritation.... a bit like when the washing machine floods your utility room and you go off on one big time and then someone reminds you that there are people in Matlock standing waist high in flood water and sewerage that is all over the ground floor of their home.

Look at this list, Blackpool, Ipswich, Coventry, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton... all with a heritage and fan base that suggests that their situation ( one of which could be terminal) is catastrophic.

Then there’s Derby, QPR, Birmingham, Cardiff, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Stoke who would have all expected to be occupying a top six position at this stage of the season 

So we are in 8th place... not that bad really, might be higher if football matches were only 80 minutes long, but we played good stuff against the Baggies, we’ve got a good manager and a cracking set of fans so I am reasonably content.

Yes we skated a little too close to the thin ice regarding expenditure and that bothers me, the commercial department makes Trago Mills look like Selfidges and that bothers me, Fessi is sitting on the bench and that bothers me, but we are still one hell of a club that, with a little fine tuning and know how, is on the cusp of of some long awaited success.

43 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

That Rhodes cost us £8-10 million..

Doesn't play..

And he's on 50k a week..

The fees and wages we’ve paid for Rhodes, Abdi, van Aken, Jones, Hooper and Forestieri and the fact all those players have left (or will leave) the club for nothing is extreme financial mismanagement.

1 hour ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

That Rhodes cost us £8-10 million..

Doesn't play..

And he's on 50k a week..

His wages go up all the time dependent on which thread you read, he's on no more than £35k, still a waste but not as bad as your figure suggests.