Why are we unhappy?

29 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Tbf to the OP I can understand where he is coming from. I am 20 years behind you in terms of experience but have notched up 45 years on my belt. 

There is just something a bit meh at the moment and I know quite a few others feeling the same. 

My own take is that we lived through the really dark days, almost had a gallows humour about being in the depths of League 1, in the knowledge that hopefully one day it would turn. 

Unfortunately that opportunity seems to have been missed. Even worse it could implode if a significant points deduction gets imposed. Do I have the energy to go through another down cycle - not sure I do. 

This sums it up very well and is pretty much how I feel, all the problems we had back then could have been solved with sound investment, now we’re in a mess because we seemingly got the opposite of that, I’ve backed DC to the hilt before but his playing Football Manager but using a real team has backfired spectacularly, the top flight looks as far away as it can possibly be and I actually fear for the existence of the club at this moment. The desire to attend games is also sadly waning.

• Like 1

I just want us to be a better run club. I admire those across the city for what they've done but their owners went to war with each other.

Now Leicester City is an example of how to run a club. Their fans get freebies every other match, free refreshments, occasional free away costs and great success on the pitch. We get sky high prices, a free raffle every other year and constant disappointment on the pitch. 

we are what we are a middling second division club so where are now is about right  ...if some are going to compare us against other clubs that have been successful in reaching the prem then they are going to spend a lot of time in a state of unhappiness..

22 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

I just want us to be a better run club. I admire those across the city for what they've done but their owners went to war with each other.

Now Leicester City is an example of how to run a club. Their fans get freebies every other match, free refreshments, occasional free away costs and great success on the pitch. We get sky high prices, a free raffle every other year and constant disappointment on the pitch. 

They get £100 million every so often dropped into their bank account,  keep it on a level playing field. 

8 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

A lot of unhappy supporters on here and many branding them as moaners.

Well I have just watched that other Sheffield club on MOTD playing at our previous ground against MUFC.  They played well with a team which has cost much less than ours, still costs less than ours and is not as good as ours. But boy, are they getting the best out of them and being allowed nearly 33k in the stadium which the same SAG allows us nowhere near in spite of nearly 40k seats. 

We still have every reason to be doing better but on many fronts, not just on the pitch, we are not. Thanks for all the investment but we are nowhere near where we should be. No wonder so many are so angry. 

After 63 years active support, I am not ashamed to say I am really fed up. I have 2 1/2 years left on my season ticket but at the age of 71 I really am beginning to feel it will probably now take longer than I have years left. 

So do you still brand me a moaner and not a real supporter?

Team not as good as ours ? Seriously ?? Any one of their players would walk into our side, and that includes last season too. 

46 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He is the footballing equivalent of Tim nice but dim, likeable bloke with good intentions but hasn't got a clue and is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

Sad but true.

Got no problem with him not knowing how to run a club, as there are plenty of competent people out there who could guide him.

Our failure has been not bringing in and keeping someone qualified to help.

Obviously, bringing in Doylem instead compounded the error in my view.

I'd also add that in my view, there a still faceless people not necessarily Portuguese related, still at the club and still milking the Chairman. (One posts on here allegedly).

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Some of our supporters are embarrassing and I hark back for the days when you could just tell ‘em to fuckoff or simply ignore their whining in the boozer.

Now you have to read their constantshite on social media and websites etc.  They drew at home to Man Utd and it’s fuckingNovember ffs!

Get some pride, dignity and grow somebollocks instead of showing yourself and us up.

It’s football, it’s temporary and we will always be older, bigger and better.

Brilliant!

Bloke on sunbed has a go at support.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I don't think Wilder will leave them. He has red and white in his blood. He will stay until they start sinking and the owner decide he has to go. I think now he has got them where they are then he will boost his own ego about getting a little club into the premiership. When the others work out how to deal with them they will fall away. He doesn't have a plan B. 

Similar scenario to Carlos in the first 2 years. Other teams worked him out and there was no plan B.

Hopefully the demise won't be long coming.  

How do you know he doesn't have a plan b ?.......

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

They went into administration  - they are anything but a shining example 

• Haha 1

At the moment the biggest issue for me is giving away goals in the last ten minutes of games when in good positions to close out a match but as is the Wednesday way we don't. Yes some of our play has been very good of late but the biggest problem is for me is after spending a lot of money I don't see real progress since the Stuart Gray days. He had us playing a different style of football ok some would say boring but we were organised and hard to beat and you could see that it would of only taken two or three signings to make tus compete at the top of the division but oh no I think our chairmans first mistake was to rip that apart as look what happened when we got Conner Whickham in on loan. Yes we've had some good times since and Carlos nearly did it for us but do I see real progress after all these years no I don't. To be honest some of the play against WBA was superb in the second half and yes you can see it's almost getting there but again it's almost if only we could stop giving stupid goals away. I'm also now getting frustrated by Monks team selections FF must start for me but Monk doesn't seem to rate him. So I think after all that unless this points deduction happens we must be content with mid table picking up the odd shock result along the way other teams won't like playing us but now know our record for conceding late goals which we need to address moan over.

5 minutes ago, torres said:

They went into administration  - they are anything but a shining example 

Exactly. It's not that long ago that they were placed in administration and left the East Midlands Ambulance Service, among others, to pick up the bill to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds.

They've also been involved in some other seriously questionable practices on their rise to the top, as well...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

We've also witnessed firsthand their moral compass in the way they wormed their way out of paying a fee for George Hirst, of course

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way of modern football.

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

This sums it up very well and is pretty much how I feel, all the problems we had back then could have been solved with sound investment, now we’re in a mess because we seemingly got the opposite of that, I’ve backed DC to the hilt before but his playing Football Manager but using a real team has backfired spectacularly, the top flight looks as far away as it can possibly be and I actually fear for the existence of the club at this moment. The desire to attend games is also sadly waning.

Absolutely agree. Been watching us since the 60’s, and yes there have been some dark years but you always felt that being a top club was only a couple of seasons away. We had a state of the art stadium and a great fan base.  But football has changed. We are light years behind. We have a stadium (that I love) but Is tired and out of date, training facilities that are nothing to shout about, at odds with the football authorities, the EFL and the SAG (whatever you think of them),  and a squad whose best players are coming towards the end of their careers. My concern is I don’t see a way out of it. If we had a team of youngsters getting the sort of results we’re getting you’d think, “ok, they will learn, and next season will be better”, but that’s not the case.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Really?.......criticise Chansiri all you like but he hasn’t taken us on a trip that includes successive relegations and out of the league with another drop in to  complete obscurity looking a distinct possibility 

He's also refrained from taking supporters of the club to court. 

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

So far since last season we've had Bruce leaving us, Forestieri with a 6 game ban, United doing well in the prem, a potential 12+ points deduction and now we can't stop conceding after the 85th minute. No surprised people are getting a bit tetchy. 

It does feel like one kick in the nuts after another. 

Hopefully, it turns at some point. 

Really need to be getting a win against Birmingham on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Think many fans are more frustrated than unhappy. Think many fans thought the play off final was just the start of new era of getting back to being a Premier league club but because of the poor leadership it has unraveled despite millions that have been spent.

Think a lot of fans are also disillusioned with the way modern football has gone in general as well.

Edited by matthefish2002

Whilst I don't agree with everything the OP said I think its a sad state of affairs that we have posters telling a 71 year old lifelong supporter to "grow a pair" or "have some dignity" or accuse him of being a bedwetter.

There was nothing abusive or vindictive about his post, just someone who is incredibly frustrated as we all are...…….and I would add in conclusion after supporting us through very little thick and a whole lot of thin though 67 years that he has earned the right within reason to say whatever the f****** hell he wants about our club.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2