Why are we unhappy?

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They’ve done well, very well after languishing for years in League 1 and dropping on Wilder.

However, they were a few million quid borrowed from the Bin Ladens from a winding up order and under an embargo that absolutely nobody knew about until the recent court case.

Fine margins.  Grow a fuckingpair!

I have a pair thank you.

I'd just like the owner of the football club I have supported since I was a child to develop a clue for what he is doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Should be old enough and wise enough with 71 years under the belt, to realise these things are cyclical. 

We're all taking some stick from the snortbeasts, but the comeuppance is going to be sweet. 

I'm still confident we'll do it this season, even with a points deduction. Then we'll sort these upstarts aht next season. 

UTO

I understand that it is cyclical but the cycles are getting longer. This is by far the longest period in our history we have been out of the top division and I don’t think we are quite ready again this season. The points deduction, which could be as many as 21 points, would completely snuff out any slight chance. 

59 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

A lot of unhappy supporters on here and many branding them as moaners.

Well I have just watched that other Sheffield club on MOTD playing at our previous ground against MUFC.  They played well with a team which has cost much less than ours, still costs less than ours and is not as good as ours. But boy, are they getting the best out of them and being allowed nearly 33k in the stadium which the same SAG allows us nowhere near in spite of nearly 40k seats. 

We still have every reason to be doing better but on many fronts, not just on the pitch, we are not. Thanks for all the investment but we are nowhere near where we should be. No wonder so many are so angry. 

After 63 years active support, I am not ashamed to say I am really fed up. I have 2 1/2 years left on my season ticket but at the age of 71 I really am beginning to feel it will probably now take longer than I have years left. 

So do you still brand me a moaner and not a real supporter?

Team not as good as ours? Do you really believe that? 

I hate the pigs as much as the next Owl but their team is much better than ours. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Some of our supporters are embarrassing and I hark back for the days when you could just tell ‘em to fuckoff or simply ignore their whining in the boozer.

Now you have to read their constantshite on social media and websites etc.  They drew at home to Man Utd and it’s fuckingNovember ffs!

Get some pride, dignity and grow somebollocks instead of showing yourself and us up.

It’s football, it’s temporary and we will always be older, bigger and better.

It’s temporary? We’ve been out of the top flight for 20 years and we don’t look anywhere near getting back there 

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I hate the pigs as much as the next Owl but their team is much better than ours. 

Probably isn’t much in it, but Wilder is head and shoulders above Monk as a manager

Never known us in the top division. Never known us do better than the 2015/16 POF season under carlos. Never witnessed the glory days of Hirst/Sheridan/Waddle. Never been to any major cup finals. Think the majority of our fan base should count themselves lucky that they have witnessed these things first hand. Us younger owls have only had dross to deal with for the past 20 years, yet we still turn up week after week to support our team. The only glory we have to shout about is the glory that our dads witnessed. 

As far as this season goes, we're a good team, just unlucky. We're playing good football but management from the 80th+ min is killing us. Comparing ourselves to them scrubbers over the road won't do us any good. We had our laughs in the championship the previous 6 years while they were wallowing in the 3rd tier, we're sure to swap positions soon enough. Think as a fan base we need to stop living in the past and realise where we are at this point in time and not get too carried away when we win and not to dismal when we lose. But then again, we're Wednesday and it's never that simple! 

UTO

FTB

WTID

16 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

My view is that our individual players are still better than theirs. But as a team they are far better. Their team is better than the sum of the parts and we see week after week that ours isn't. A lot of skilled individuals but not a very skilled team Examples are there for all to see with crosses not being read, forward kicks with no one on the end, defenders left on their own with no cover etc. The general view is that our wage bill is probably still more than theirs. In our division, look at what Preston are achieving with players we probably wouldn’t touch and they would bite our hands off if the could afford people like Reach or Fessi. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Some of our supporters are embarrassing and I hark back for the days when you could just tell ‘em to fuckoff or simply ignore their whining in the boozer.

Now you have to read their constantshite on social media and websites etc.  They drew at home to Man Utd and it’s fuckingNovember ffs!

Get some pride, dignity and grow somebollocks instead of showing yourself and us up.

It’s football, it’s temporary and we will always be older, bigger and better.

I knew my post would bring out the happy clappers!

Im finding it hard at the moment. I had my first ticket in 97 and have been going ever since. Im really starting to think its just never going to happen for us. 

In all that time 20 years we have been close to a top flight return twice. We spent a fortune for the chance and now after failing we are paying the price with the EFL and who knows how than will play out, it could put us back another 10 years! 

Meanwhile United have achieved our goal, totally unexpected and at a fraction of the cost. They may well have left us behind for good, they are more than holding their own in the Premier League and performing better than anyone could have expected..

You couldn't write it the way things have ended up. Im gutted but I'll still be going every week. In the short term can we at least stop throwing points away at the end of every game! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Just the point I was going to make. In fact the side that we put out, and held its own against the table toppers, shows that you don’t have to spaff money on old has beens As one of the biggest critics of our transfer policy, I take some solace that we are finally starting to get things right So, though probably through more fault than design, but we’ve got there in the end. We are not far off, and as was the case post Wembley, probably need just the three strategic signings to post a proper challenge

And then you sober up when you see us at the top end of the wages table

2 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Well I have just watched that other Sheffield club on MOTD playing at our previous ground against MUFC.  They played well with a team which has cost much less than ours, still costs less than ours and is not as good as ours. But boy, are they getting the best out of them and being allowed nearly 33k in the stadium which the same SAG allows us nowhere near in spite of nearly 40k seats. 

We still have every reason to be doing better but on many fronts, not just on the pitch, we are not. Thanks for all the investment but we are nowhere near where we should be. No wonder so many are so angry. 

After 63 years active support, I am not ashamed to say I am really fed up. I have 2 1/2 years left on my season ticket but at the age of 71 I really am beginning to feel it will probably now take longer than I have years left. 

6th in premier league or 9th in championship suggests your talking rubbish here 

Guest LondonOwl313

Can't believe some people still think that our team is better than theirs or that we have better players. Not a single one of our players would get in their team. Sad but true... our players just don't have the desire, intensity or ability

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Andrew Robinson said:

My view is that our individual players are still better than theirs. But as a team they are far better. Their team is better than the sum of the parts and we see week after week that ours isn't. A lot of skilled individuals but not a very skilled team Examples are there for all to see with crosses not being read, forward kicks with no one on the end, defenders left on their own with no cover etc. The general view is that our wage bill is probably still more than theirs. In our division, look at what Preston are achieving with players we probably wouldn’t touch and they would bite our hands off if the could afford people like Reach or Fessi. 

Which one of our players is better than theirs as an individual? Can't think of any. 

Our best players are/have been:

Westwood - in poor form and not as good as Henderson on current showing

Iorfa - hard to see him breaking into their back 3 with the overlapping centre backs

Bannan - decent player but not better than Fleck, Norwood or Lundstram

Fletcher - not as quick as Mousset or McGoldrick

FF - can't get a game here for some reason. The FF of the play off seasons probably edges out McGoldrick

We have nobody better

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can't believe some people still think that our team is better than theirs or that we have better players. Not a single one of our players would get in their team. Sad but true... our players just don't have the desire, intensity or ability

Not sure about the ability but you are bang on about desire and intensity.  Reach for example has some fantastic ability when scoring those great goals but doesn’t have enough intensity in his game.

McGoldrick sums it up for me, a player that was talked about on here as a potential signing from Ipswich and I remember the majority of us weren’t that keen. Now he’s giving PL defenders a bad day

I think what Wilder and Warnock in the past have realised is that a team full of aggressive players who work hard can sometimes achieve more than a team of “nice footballers”.  

It will be interesting to see what types of player Monk goes for in January if he’s able to, as I have a feeling it will be ones with aggression and an attitude, rather than fancy dans 

• Like 1

Tbf to the OP I can understand where he is coming from. I am 20 years behind you in terms of experience but have notched up 45 years on my belt. 

There is just something a bit meh at the moment and I know quite a few others feeling the same. 

My own take is that we lived through the really dark days, almost had a gallows humour about being in the depths of League 1, in the knowledge that hopefully one day it would turn. 

Unfortunately that opportunity seems to have been missed. Even worse it could implode if a significant points deduction gets imposed. Do I have the energy to go through another down cycle - not sure I do. 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not sure about the ability but you are bang on about desire and intensity.  Reach for example has some fantastic ability when scoring those great goals but doesn’t have enough intensity in his game.

McGoldrick sums it up for me, a player that was talked about on here as a potential signing from Ipswich and I remember the majority of us weren’t that keen. Now he’s giving PL defenders a bad day

I think what Wilder and Warnock in the past have realised is that a team full of aggressive players who work hard can sometimes achieve more than a team of “nice footballers”.  

It will be interesting to see what types of player Monk goes for in January if he’s able to, as I have a feeling it will be ones with aggression and an attitude, rather than fancy dans 

I strongly suspect we will be getting arse fizzed by the EFL and will sign no one any time soon.

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Tbf to the OP I can understand where he is coming from. I am 20 years behind you in terms of experience but have notched up 45 years on my belt. 

There is just something a bit meh at the moment and I know quite a few others feeling the same. 

My own take is that we lived through the really dark days, almost had a gallows humour about being in the depths of League 1, in the knowledge that hopefully one day it would turn. 

Unfortunately that opportunity seems to have been missed. Even worse it could implode if a significant points deduction gets imposed. Do I have the energy to go through another down cycle - not sure I do. 

We have missed a right trick and sadly the inexperience and naivety of our owner has well and truly been highlighted for all to see.

My only wish is that he has the good grace to follow up on his little temper tantrum from last year, takes his bucket and spade home and puts us up for sale.

We will never ever be promoted under his leadership and what's more we run the risk of going backwards once the EFL have deducted points and had there way with us, if you trust Chansiri's guidance to bring us back from this you want your lumps feeling.

7 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Ffs, we need another general purpose moan thread?  You want some attention?  Is that it?

• Like 1