Lets just go out and hammer Birmingham.

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He was. I am yet to see evidence he is anywhere near that now. However I agree he needs a run so we can fully assess and get rid in January if he isn't good enough anymore.

He scored when he came on against Swansea. How good was he against Norwich away at the end of the season?

He surely must come in for Jacob Murphy.  Miles better player.

13 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He was. I am yet to see evidence he is anywhere near that now. However I agree he needs a run so we can fully assess and get rid in January if he isn't good enough anymore.

Agreed - FF is in his last 5 months at SWFC. It's unlikely we will offer him a new deal, or if we did it will be on substantially less than he's on at present. If FF plays a role we know he can over the next few weeks, at least we could use him to achieve a decent finish this season, and he would walk away with our thanks.

If he doesn't, as you say, we should be looking to flog in January, albeit we may have consider around £200k, but at least we'd take his £30k/week or so off the debt of the 2019/20 accounts, which could be important.

If FF were to start wide left in a 433 for the rest of the season he would probably score more goals than the rest of the 3 wide options put together.

The trade off is probably fewer assists and less defensive work but the other choices are not tearing full backs apart at the moment 

17 hours ago, handworth52 said:

been today one thing im noticing is the noise levels at away games going down and down and the total lack of comments on here tonight and other days , its like we have fallen totally flat and completely losing interest. I think we all realise that we are a mid table team , we have nothing up top . 1 up front is almost pointless fletcher is isolated . 

I thought the Wednesday fans never stopped yesterday, especially in the second half.

I was about a third of the way up about 30 in from the edge & it was excellent, pretty much non stop!!  Hardly miss any away games & I even remarked I thought this was one of the best for a while re support!

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I thought the Wednesday fans never stopped yesterday, especially in the second half.

I was about a third of the way up about 30 in from the edge & it was excellent, pretty much non stop!!  Hardly miss any away games & I even remarked I thought this was one of the best for a while re support!

agreed. 

In the second half especially it was very good 

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

How come I and others had no problems accessing the site but loads of others didn't?

Is it a mobile / desktop thing?

I tried to log on in a hotel bar before the match in West Brom, both on 4G & Wifi & repeatedly wouldn't have it and at times last night when back home also wouldn't have it at times. First thing this morning wouldn't have it either & then mysteriously did. 

Both Mobile & Laptop not having it at certain times.

Had to resort to Twitter to read the inevitable demented rantings of disillusioned 'fans' screaming for Monk to be sacked, Westwood to be strung up at the bottom of Fargate, & Palmer to be forced to have electric shock treatment for every abysmal display we have had to endure for the last 3 years. 

I got panicky withdrawal symptoms not getting my 'meltdown' kick on 'negtalk' following the latest set back, but thankfully i could sleep peacefully having had my adequate fill of wrist slitting neggo's courtesy of Twitter.

• Haha 3

Bloody hell. I’ve only just got back on since lunchtime yesterday. Not a chance on either IPhone or IPad nor our lasses.

I was going frantic till 88mins yesterday then after I’d calmed down was quietly relieved that I wasn’t going to have put myself through an evening of doom and gloom

PS Neil, Sheffield History was down too but I think no one else has noticed. Give it a week or two.:unsure:

4 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Must admit I’m struggling to find the enthusiasm at the minute. 

Dunno what it is. I’ve supported this club through thin and thinner, seen much worse Wednesday teams than this one. But I just can’t be arsed with the club or these players right now. 

Same. Didn't even get excited when we equalised yesterday cos I somehow knew we'd find a way to balls it up. Like others have said and like what was discussed in the 'Atmosphere' thread, I think it's a combination of the shadow hanging over the club, the late giveaways and watching the same players for too long.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday night though. Just wish we could absolutely thrash somebody and that would do everybody the power of good. I've stopped looking at the league table though. Don't see the point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not a lack of enthusiasm for me, but these last minute f.ook ups are like being hit over the head with a dead fish every week.

I know going into the last few minutes you fear it, but its become a sort of set in stone expectation now.

We played well, we deserved more ..yadayadayada...but we didn't get it again..One goal is never going to be enough for us, we need to attack even when ahead or level, and we need to FINISH teams off, chance after chance goes begging every week ffs!

surely it has to turn sometime?

Too tippy happy in front of goal..

Have a shot FFS..

6 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

would go with this

Westwood

Moses, Lorfa, Borner, Fox

Hutchinson

Reach, Bannan, Luongo, FF

Dave

have a feeling Fletch will be injured

not Nuhui... if Winnall fit give him a run...stop the predictability....

6 hours ago, nilsson said:

Can’t understand why plenty of posters on here say it’s a poor league. 

Which were the years when the championship was so much stronger than it is this year?

last year..Utd and Norwich..

year before Wolves

year before Newcastle ..this season nobody anywhere near the above

1 hour ago, Brando17 said:

last year..Utd and Norwich..

year before Wolves

year before Newcastle ..this season nobody anywhere near the above

Wolves were class but I’d say Leeds and West Brom this year are on a par with Norwich and Utd last year.

And are we taking the league as a whole or just the top teams? We’ve already lost to QPR, Blackburn and Hull this year who are all lower midtable but still decent sides who were capable of beating us.

The first year under Carlos a very average Ipswich side finished 7th so I’m not having the league was stronger then than it is now 

• Like 1

Soooo…..the OP has a point, we cannot recover the past, and alter it, all we can do is "seek & destroy."  What's so special about Birmingham? West Bromwich Albion knew they'd been in a fight, and were probably expecting a draw.  Birmingham?  Who knows, other than that the match will probably be decided in the last 5 or 10 minutes.  SWFC doesn't get "blown away", SWFC gives it away, in the closing minutes.  Monk has to figure out why and how this happens, glad it ain't my job.