Mandaric to reach out to Chansiri

5 hours ago, Miffed said:

The club was in free fall, its very existence at stake and the vultures were circling....No one else was stepping in to save us. Mandaric came in, steadied the ship and gave us one of the most exciting and memorable promotion stories in recent history.  Once established in the championship he sold us to a guy who took us to touching distance of the premier league TWICE playing the type of football which hadnt been seen at hillsborough for nigh on 20 years.

Ultimatley, Mandaric is a business man. He didnt spend much and he made a tidy sum afterwards...... but so what?

Well you kind of make my point. I agree with you on his legacy and that he was a positive for us but its a business relationship hes not a fan.

I wish Chansiri had his persuasive media savvy as he gets pelters for doing the same thing as MM.

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

Id like to  know how much time mandaric thinks is needed for chansiri to gets to grip with being the owner .The blokes coming up to 5 years so how much more time does it take to run the club in a viable manner  ......

I dare say he'd have learnt sooner had he surrendered himself with good football people.

Keeping Aldridge on longer would have been a great start.

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

He was introduced to them by MM as part of the deal S36.

True I believe, but let’s not forget DC had a bunch of other advisors. Pearson, Roeder, Piempongast (may have spelt wrong). They all left leaving the doyen guy.

And that’s when it started to go west. We’d recruited well in 2015. Our transfers were shocking in the summer of 2016 and onwards. Until this season where we’ve recruited well in my opinion. Enemy number 1 Bruce played a big role in this, he brought his recruitment men at Villa with him. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

What is this witchcraft that this man is speaking? Oh, it's called sense...

I don't want to bring politics on to this forum but Milan's words should be noted by all the people who vote based on governments simply chucking money at problems. Sometimes (and by that I mean always) there's more to it than money.

Something's are just fcuked up because the management is horrendous. No money on the word would save it.

Chansiri needs to learn and some guidance from the man who saved us would be a great thing for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Well you kind of make my point. I agree with you on his legacy and that he was a positive for us but its a business relationship hes not a fan.

I wish Chansiri had his persuasive media savvy as he gets pelters for doing the same thing as MM.

DC is so far off MM your post is scary.

MM would never have allowed our club to be ravaged by Sage and Onion for starters in my view.

Then again, your vested interest knows that.

• Thanks 1

I once saw Mandaric waiting for a LDN bound train at Chesterfield station shortly after he'd left us... and after what seemed like forever deliberating with myself weather to go over or not I did. 

Couldn't have been more of a gentlemen, I shook his hand and thanked him for everything he had done for the club and he said SWFC will be back in the PL someday, didn't even mind when I asked him for a selfie. Top top man. 

Sometimes its the little things powerful people do that win you over, not the big ones.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

9 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I once saw Mandaric waiting for a LDN bound train at Chesterfield station shortly after he'd left us... and after what seemed like forever deliberating with myself weather to go over or not I did. 

Couldn't have been more of a gentlemen, I shook his hand and thanked him for everything he had done for the club and he said SWFC will be back in the PL someday, didn't even mind when I asked him for a selfie. Top top man. 

Sometimes its the little things powerful people do that win you over, not the big ones.

DC would charge you £50 or £200 for a full set, with the option of an updated pic every year for £5k.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, torres said:

They are probably polar opposites 

MM  - did very little for a long time but knew what to say and when to say it. He was a PR genius 

DC - Spends money like its going out of fashion - but he is a PR disaster 

Couldn’t disagree more. MM transformed us. He turned us round from league one obscurity to a half decent championship club and sold us to a rich owner willing to heavily invest. He did everything he set out to do and people can criticise for personally benefiting, but who cares when it’s mutually beneficial. Chansiri on the other hand is failing as a chairman. He might have money but has absolutely no idea how to spend it and we’re seeing the consequences. Give me MM anyday. We might have spent less money but we was in safe hands.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PEARSON said:

Couldn’t disagree more. MM transformed us. He turned us round from league one obscurity to a half decent championship club and sold us to a rich owner willing to heavily invest. He did everything he set out to do and people can criticise for personally benefiting, but who cares when it’s mutually beneficial. Chansiri on the other hand is failing as a chairman. He might have money but has absolutely no idea how to spend it and we’re seeing the consequences. Give me MM anyday. We might have spent less money but we was in safe hands.

Spot on. He had a plan and he delivered.

Compare and contrast with DC's bumbling from one disaster to another, with seemingly no plan whatsoever.