Jump to content

Recommended Posts

First visit to West Brom travelling by train to New St station . Does the West Midlands railway run to the Hawthorns from New St ? . Tried looking it up but it’s a tad confusing for an old timer . Can anyone help ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

First visit to West Brom travelling by train to New St station . Does the West Midlands railway run to the Hawthorns from New St ? . Tried looking it up but it’s a tad confusing for an old timer . Can anyone help ? 

No, have to change at Smethwick Galton Bridge or Snow Hill. Probably easier to walk to Moor Street and get one from there; well, it would have been until I saw this posted on National Rail Enquiries Travel Planner:

  • Travelling to the West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday football match?
    Due to industrial action by the RMT Trade Union, a reduced service will be in place on the West Midlands Railway network on Saturdays in November and December. This means that fewer trains will be running and services will be extremely busy. If you are travelling to the West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday 23 November, please seek alternative options as it may take up to 3 hours. Timetable details will be updated 2-3 days before Saturday, so please continue to check your train times.
  •  
    THIS TRAIN MAY NOT RUN DUE TO PROPOSED INDUSTRIAL ACTION:
    Because of planned industrial action by the RMT, West Midlands Railway will run a very reduced service on Saturdays in Nov & Dec. Please re-check your journey on the Friday before to see how your journey will be affected. Some stations will not be served at all.
    More details
Marvellous. Should be fun getting back to Birmingham post-game. And it’s going to wee wee it down all day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hykehamowl said:

No, have to change at Smethwick Galton Bridge or Snow Hill. Probably easier to walk to Moor Street and get one from there; well, it would have been until I saw this posted on National Rail Enquiries Travel Planner:

  • Travelling to the West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday football match?
    Due to industrial action by the RMT Trade Union, a reduced service will be in place on the West Midlands Railway network on Saturdays in November and December. This means that fewer trains will be running and services will be extremely busy. If you are travelling to the West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday 23 November, please seek alternative options as it may take up to 3 hours. Timetable details will be updated 2-3 days before Saturday, so please continue to check your train times.
  •  
    THIS TRAIN MAY NOT RUN DUE TO PROPOSED INDUSTRIAL ACTION:
    Because of planned industrial action by the RMT, West Midlands Railway will run a very reduced service on Saturdays in Nov & Dec. Please re-check your journey on the Friday before to see how your journey will be affected. Some stations will not be served at all.
    More details
Marvellous. Should be fun getting back to Birmingham post-game. And it’s going to wee wee it down all day. 

Thanks for that , can’t wait !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just walking from new street to snow hill 15 minute walk tops, still showing a train at just after 2 only takes 6 minutes if that gets cancelled think you can just jump on tram which takes about 20 mins, anything can happen after a morning on the beer lol never goes to plan

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there’s a tram goes to the Hawthorns and there’s a  station near to new street ,  getting back could be hectic train leaves Brum at 6pm !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dewsburyowl58

 

Get the tram up to the hawthorns ... cheap and quick

 

coming back police will put you on whatever is there (tram or train) ... there policy is just to get away fans away (as home fans are normally held back at the station entrance) 

 

when returning, be sure to cross over the railway, that’s the away fans route 

 

oh and if you miss the 1800, if stopped/queried, be sure to blame the industrial action 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

@dewsburyowl58

 

Get the tram up to the hawthorns ... cheap and quick

 

coming back police will put you on whatever is there (tram or train) ... there policy is just to get away fans away (as home fans are normally held back at the station entrance) 

 

when returning, be sure to cross over the railway, that’s the away fans route 

 

oh and if you miss the 1800, if stopped/queried, be sure to blame the industrial action 

Thanks for the advice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...