Jump to content

Half Season Tickets


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Surely that would only apply to those who only become die hards in a promotion season?


No - we now don’t even know what the outcome of our season will be because it could ultimately be decided by the efl regardless of our points total.

 

bit tragic really.

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/11/2019 at 22:58, Harrysgame said:

Good prices, top half team all to play for. I know 3 people who are buying. We can't do anything about EFL, just want to watch football. So good deal.

Here Here, that's what we want, positivity, we can't control what the EFL conjures up next, but let's get on with the football UTO. WTID. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What would people’s views be if chairman  slashed all ticket prices to an acceptable level but then reduced his commitment to say ... Milan Manderic level ?     
 

genuine question, would people be more content ? 


Milan knew how to run a football club like a business, the way football clubs need to be run.  DC hasn’t a clue how to do that. He needs help. If we could be competitive in the league than yes I would be content with that. We signed some very good players under MM. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What would people’s views be if chairman  slashed all ticket prices to an acceptable level but then reduced his commitment to say ... Milan Manderic level ?     
 

genuine question, would people be more content ? 

 

You mean if he combined actually knowing how to efficiently run a football club with signing cheap or free players like Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Lee, Nuhiu who are all still regulars today? Yeah I'm fine with that. 

 

Yesterday's starting XI that outplayed WBA didn't have any big money buys in it (apart from Fletcher's wages)  think it cost about £200k in total and that was all on Iorfa so I'd rather spend little money wisely than pi$$ away £8m and £30k pw on Rhodes and getting transfer embargos and likely points deductions. 

 

.

Edited by alanharper
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

 

You mean if he combined actually knowing how to efficiently run a football club with signing cheap or free players like Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Lee, Nuhiu who are all still regulars today? Yeah I'm fine with that. 

 

Yesterday's starting XI that outplayed WBA didn't have any big money buys in it (apart from Fletcher's wages)  think it cost about £200k in total and that was all on Iorfa so I'd rather spend little money wisely than pi$$ away £8m and £30k pw on Rhodes and getting transfer embargos and likely points deductions. 

 

.


Weren’t a dig, obviously I’m quite vocal on here supporting the owner so accept I’ll take some flak, to be honest you make good points we did well under Milan and signed some quality players but his investment was always going to be limited sure you would agree 

 

I do think Chansiri will lower the ticket prices, not sure he’s much alternative but I suspect it might come with a bit of a rant along the lines of no more blank cheques for wages and free transfers only,  be interesting 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Weren’t a dig, obviously I’m quite vocal on here supporting the owner so accept I’ll take some flak, to be honest you make good points we did well under Milan and signed some quality players but his investment was always going to be limited sure you would agree 

 

I do think Chansiri will lower the ticket prices, not sure he’s much alternative but I suspect it might come with a bit of a rant along the lines of no more blank cheques for wages and free transfers only,  be interesting 


I don’t actually think lowering ticket prices will have much affect on attendances now. Not this season anyway. 
 

Chansiri had the chance to grow the club post Wembley but he blew it. And we’ve only really had free/cheap transfers for the last two years so no change there.

 

Chansiri’s ticket pricing has also split the fanbase. Even when we were really poor in league one, I don’t ever remember the fans being divided. The 2004/5 and 2011/2 seasons are probably the best two seasons I’ve had watching Wednesday in the last 25 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Milan knew how to run a football club like a business

 

That's rubbish. You have to invest, did you see the state of our pitch through the winer months?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Royal_D said:


Weren’t a dig, obviously I’m quite vocal on here supporting the owner so accept I’ll take some flak, to be honest you make good points we did well under Milan and signed some quality players but his investment was always going to be limited sure you would agree 

 

I do think Chansiri will lower the ticket prices, not sure he’s much alternative but I suspect it might come with a bit of a rant along the lines of no more blank cheques for wages and free transfers only,  be interesting 

Tbf, the blank cheques and big money signings vanished the moment we decided to ******* our load on Jordan Rhodes. 

 

The worst thing that happened after that was a certain survey, where a certain question was asked to supporters regarding ticket prices. The implication being that if fans voted for maintain higher ticket prices, then the club would continue to spend biggish money and sign players. 

 

Knowing what we all know now, there was no way the club could have done that due to FFP etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chansiri  should have come in as the owner ,But let someone who knows British football ,Who could have set up a scouting network for young players ,Who would have had a sell on value. Someone like Howard Wilkinson would have been a great choice ,Instead Chansiri has his Advisors who are bankrupting this club. Wilko would have been a brilliant Chairman ,Wednesdayite  and knows the game.

Edited by Jeffjohnsonmyhero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

 

And that looks likely.

 

Sounds like a quote from DC's business plan.

 

Foook something up, with promotion being the only thing that will fix it.

 

Bit of a trend, and kind of reinforces why his plan was flawed and has failed.

 

You have to have a plan for if you don't go up.

it looks very unlikely but that don't alter the fact the stayaways would come flooding back if we did …...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, torryowl said:

not if we get promoted it wont …..

Unfortunately the way the club is being run there is more chance of us going the other way out of the league.

 

No more excuses from Dc, get in people who know how to run a football club or get the club on the market and sell to someone who does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...