Lees - CB

Borner- LCB

Fox - LWB

Bannan

Hutch/Luongo

Reach/Luongo

Fletch

Harris

This would offer us flexibility with the formation and allow to go from a 352 to a 442, simply by moving Iorfa to RB (Fox to LB) and Palmer onto the right of midfield, Reach onto the left. To an extent you could change to a 451/433 moving Reach further forward and Palmer into midfield.

...... what about a Bayern Munich style 4231 with Iorfa and Hutch as the all important CDMs . You then get to play Borner, Lees , Palmer and Fox. An added bonus is Bannan in the centre of the attacking midfielders playing higher up the park. Plenty of attacking threat at set pieces too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Iorfa as striker?

He's big

He's quick

He's strong

He can run with the ball

He knows where the goal is.

He can head a ball.

Could he be or next Warboys?

We’d need another Waddle and Sheridan to feed him the chances.

14 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Defence is a (good) problem area for Monk.

Its a sign of strength when it’s difficult to choose between good players.

At full-back we pick from Palmer, Iorfa, Fox and Odubajo.

At CB we pick from Iorfa, Borner and Lees, with the excellent Hutchinson as a more than capable back-stop.

Palmer has done well at RB. But Iorfa offers more and allows Lees, one of our very best players, back into the side. Palmer did well at LB, but Fox’s left foot offers us a different dimension and hasn’t let us down at all defensively.

Borner has done really well, but I think he’s a decent Volvo where Lees is a BMW. However, his distribution and calmness on the ball adds confidence across the entire back four.

You’d have to be blind to leave Iorfa out of the side now. One of our must-start players without a doubt. But where? He’s been an athletic beast at CB. He scored 3 in 11 from RB and marauded up the wing. Slightly questionable - does he switch off when marking, and is this an issue at CB? I think so.

So, the obvious question - who would you pick? I suspect we will see lots of different opinions, including back 3s and back 5s.

Mine...

Iorfa - Lees - Borner - Fox

but it’s a tough call, and fills me with confidence that Monk could pick various permutations and they would all be very strong.

spot on bud..we look decent at the back... but are shyte in the middle and up front..

While his stock is high, sell Lees.

If we move Iorfa we lose the pace he has centrally. To negate it we will have to drop deeper and to keep a compact shape the forwards will also have to drop deeper.

This will create little space and Bannan will not be as influential.

We may get injuries where we need Lees but our current financial difficulties mean we have to sell players. If Iorfa and Borner carry on as they are we may sell hem in the future. Until we sort out of off the field stuff we may have to bite the bullet.

Or we can carry on as almost rans and watch our best players go for nothing.

Why we ae changing the best part of our team to accommodate a player I do not know. Would we be having the same debate if our attack was prolific.

15 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

spot on bud..we look decent at the back... but are shyte in the middle and up front..

I think we aren’t bad in midfield, there’s just not much going on ahead of them. Think both Bannan and Luongo can pick a pass, but who’s making the runs