Liam Palmer

32 minutes ago, torryowl said:

No surprise he's  a decent championship player who should be able to hold his own against the likes of Cyprus and Kazakhstan.....

Trust me mate, Im Scottish, and we don’t take anything like that for granted. Even Andy Robertson looks anonymous and ineffective for the national team on occassion.

At times it feels like a Scotland jersey is the footballing equivalent of Lex Luthor’s power-draining kryptonite necklace in “Superman: the Movie” :duntmatter:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, eddie1973 said:

Trust me mate, Im Scottish, and we don’t take anything like that for granted. Even Andy Robertson looks anonymous and ineffective for the national team on occassion.

At times it feels like a Scotland jersey is the footballing equivalent of Lex Luthor’s power-draining kryptonite necklace in “Superman: the Movie” :duntmatter:

In Rhodes case he brought the curse to Hillsborough with him

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, eddie1973 said:

good isn’t it 

He played well.

I even recall the commentator remarking on what an excellent attacking outlet he's been down the right.

Oddly enough, since moving back from left to right for us, his form has dipped, so I really hope he get back to a consistent run of good form for us.

Having said that, I wouldn't be against seeing Odubajo given a crack at it again (although perhaps not against West Brom!)

Watched the game vs Cyprus and was really surprised by how vocal Palmer seemed to be. Always seemed to be instructing players around him and gesturing about where they should be standing etc.

Considering most of these players were regular prem players it caught me a bit by surprise. I always assumed Palmer was a quiet player and he would be even more quiet in the same team as prem players.

Really think he has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. 

Perhaps not the most spectacular player, but he's a really solid option at RB or LB imo. 

Nice to have someone coming through our youth system (be a fan too) and get some form of recognition on the international stage. 

Be great to see get a chance to play in the Euros next summer. 

• Like 1