Paolo Di Canio back at Hillsborough

On 20/11/2019 at 12:39, pj owl said:

Time is a great healer for some, but others are unable to let go of negativity in the past.

I’m glad I can forget the bad bits and remember fondly Di Canios time at Wednesday.

I feel somewhat sorry for those that are unable to close their eyes and hear ‘Paolo Di-Canio....’ echoing around Hillsborough and picture those pulled up shorts as he went on another mazy run.

it appears good old Paolo maybe has also moved on from the bitterness he felt - rightly or wrongly - at the time and for years after. 

My biggest fear is that I’ll never see anyone like him, Carbone, Waddle, Sheridan, Nilsson or Hirst at our great club again in my lifetime.

Jesus, you can watch his videos on youtube I presume.  I'd reccomend Waddle at Marseille if you want to see a a real footballing great.

I've just got principles.  Not lay down and let Paulo tickle your balls.  Di Canio treated us like dirt.

On 20/11/2019 at 09:56, Hack-Abusi said:

Tough one with Di Canio for many fans. I’m generally positive about his time here .. he was a fascist but never showed that here (but that doesn’t make it right) .. was only when he was at Lazio and with the Ultras ..

Not read his book so dunno what he said about us, I’m sure somebody can paste the extracts …

He was one of the best players we’ve ever had at the club in terms of technical ability and getting people off their seats .. I don’t think we’ve had anyone like him since. Him and Carbone together. Good lord. We had some decent players back then.

It all went boobies up after the Alcock shove though and you see the contrast between us and Manchester United when handling something of this nature. Where Cantona attacked a fan while playing, he was looked after and came back to fire Manure to wins and titles.

Unfortunately Dave Richards threw Di Canio under the bus and made Danny Wilson the scapegoat as to not tarnish his application for the prem chairman position (so I’m led to believe)

Anyway … no point dwelling on what may have been … we missed out on a couple of seasons of Di Canios wizardry. He’s a fecking idol at West Ham because of what he did … should have been with us .. ffs

It would never have happened..How can you demand a player return back to the northern English grimy industrial city that was falling apart....from his home in Italy that nobody knew where it was.

9 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It would never have happened..How can you demand a player return back to the northern English grimy industrial city that was falling apart....from his home in Italy that nobody knew where it was.

Bloody tough one that ...lol

shame the Limit was shut down  by then ....

That may have swung it ....

"Steve to the wine bar!! "........