Paolo Di Canio back at Hillsborough

Time is a great healer for some, but others are unable to let go of negativity in the past.

I’m glad I can forget the bad bits and remember fondly Di Canios time at Wednesday.

I feel somewhat sorry for those that are unable to close their eyes and hear ‘Paolo Di-Canio....’ echoing around Hillsborough and picture those pulled up shorts as he went on another mazy run.

it appears good old Paolo maybe has also moved on from the bitterness he felt - rightly or wrongly - at the time and for years after. 

My biggest fear is that I’ll never see anyone like him, Carbone, Waddle, Sheridan, Nilsson or Hirst at our great club again in my lifetime.

great player , fiery temperament , take that away and you get half the player ,On the incident he was a fool to himself ,sadly the gifted back then all had flaws , Cantana (M U standing by him saved him) ,Gazza , Best.  all in some way Tried and some did ruin their lives to some degree, but whatever why can't we embrace the enjoyment  He gave us, instead of banging on about  what happened in the past .. rather him on the pitch now than some of out team tbh

Edited by trevdi9

Guest Ferkorf

Why is he even back? They only come back when they have something to sell or to drum up media attention to something that earns them money.

Regardless of what happened behind the scenes both him and Carbone can Ferkorf! Both thought they were bigger than the club, Carbone keeps name dropping us every year about how much he loves us.... what a little cockroach he is.

As footballers though brilliant to watch and two of the best I've ever seen.

But screw them both.

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Why is he even back? They only come back when they have something to sell or to drum up media attention to something that earns them money.

Regardless of what happened behind the scenes both him and Carbone can Ferkorf! Both thought they were bigger than the club, Carbone keeps name dropping us every year about how much he loves us.... what a little cockroach he is.

As footballers though brilliant to watch and two of the best I've ever seen.

But screw them both.

Think he's doing something with italian media somewhere ...

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Di Canio was managed at Juventus by Giovanni Trapattoni and moved on after he fell out with him.
Was also managed by Fabio Capello at AC Milan and was sold to Celtic after a bust up.

Di Canio for large parts of his career was a ticking time bomb that even the best managers found impossible to manage.

True, but he got the hump on at Milan and Juve because he wasn't a regular in the side, they weren't too bothered to see him moved on because they were world class teams. We needed him, Atkinson was able to manage him, Wilson wasn't able to manage anyone effectively at that level.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He stated...that the club.

Must be Wilsons fault then. 

Was Wilson at fault when the same player got sent off for arguing with a linesman. 

He needed strong managent, I applaud the Swindon chairman who sacked him for punching a player. 

Less we forget his Nazi salutes to fans in Italy. 

Wilson and Richards were as bad as each other by that point. The Wilson interview came directly after the game. If he had already had time to discuss the matter with the board then had he wanted to he could have at least said he wasn't going to hang the player out to dry in public at that point before they had taken the chance to assess the situation. Wilson was never going to stand up to the employers who had given him the only job he was ever going to get at that level and Richards was doing everything to stay sweet with the top brass. Do you think Atkinson would have done it the same way?

Wilson wanted the 'Fancy Dans' as he called them out because he was incapable of handling them. He got what he wanted and by the time Carbone had gone we were relegation fodder and Wilson took us down.

Getting sent off for arguing over a throw in is ridiculous but I'd rather have a hot head like that with passion and ability than the many of the no-marks we have sat through since. 

His political leanings are abhorrent as far as I am concerned and have already stated this but were never displayed or discussed during his time with us, it wasn't a consideration with him then and perhaps not a part of his life at that time. What he has displayed in that regard more recently would put me off wanting to employ him or have a drink with him now but I am glad I got to see him play for us back then. 

5 hours ago, pj owl said:

Time is a great healer for some, but others are unable to let go of negativity in the past.

I’m glad I can forget the bad bits and remember fondly Di Canios time at Wednesday.

I feel somewhat sorry for those that are unable to close their eyes and hear ‘Paolo Di-Canio....’ echoing around Hillsborough and picture those pulled up shorts as he went on another mazy run.

it appears good old Paolo maybe has also moved on from the bitterness he felt - rightly or wrongly - at the time and for years after. 

My biggest fear is that I’ll never see anyone like him, Carbone, Waddle, Sheridan, Nilsson or Hirst at our great club again in my lifetime.

I can hear Paulo Di Canio echoing around Hillsborough...I can also hear Paulo Di Canio saying 

"he can't remember playing for us"

i can also hear Paulo DiCanio saying 

"i have had a fair hearing and will be back against Leicester"

The difference between such as Paulo..Waddle Hirst sheridan nillson is 4 outta 5 of them respected the club and the fans..The other, while being extremely talented...was a lying tw *t

Edited by asteener1867

39 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The difference between such as Paulo..Waddle Hirst sheridan nillson is 4 outta 5 of them respected the club and the fans..The other, while being extremely talented...was a lying tw *t

Not so sure about David Hirst in that respect 

27 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

"A Gun For Hire" ...

It's that simple....

If he was in the "What job would a Wednesday player be other than a footballer thread" ..

He'd be a Human Resources Manager ..

Not one ounce of emotion towards his work environment...

I think of him more as a high class prostitute

• Haha 1