What will you do?

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Where does our accountancy firm sit with regards to this allegation? Remember at the time you said if our accounts have signed off the stadium as being worth £60m then all is good as an accountant wouldn't put their reputation on the line by over-valuing or anything not above board. Suggests the EFL don't buy the valuation and don't buy the transaction being shoved into the accounts from a previous season.

Ask them - it was my opinion at the time that the evidence / information would be available to enable them to make that conclusion 

If it wasn't then they will suffer the consequences that any professional person would, whether that is preparing the valuation or signing the accounts if that was below the standard required

I have not seen the evidence so unsurprisingly I won't comment 

You keep going/supporting. 

I'm 33 and for the most of my existence it has been the driveling sh*ts supporting us. 

Too young to really remember the glory years of the early 90s. I think the highest we've ever finished (which I properly recall) was 7th under Dave flipping Pleat. 

After that it was a series of lower mid-table/nearly getting relegated finishes before we got er, well, relegated. 

Down in the Championship (First Division) and Kevin Pressman gets sent off after 19 seconds of the first game against Wolves. 

Relegated to League One with Dean Smith, Barry Murphy, Ashley Westwood and so forth. Getting hammered by Plymouth with David Frio running the midfield, losing to Wrexham, drawing at home to Rushden and Diamonds. 

Two promotions from the third tier, albeit both were sweet/memorable for different reasons. 

A brief resurgence with Carlos and our new found wealth; only to completely squander it and now be charged with breaching EFL rules, because we managed to sell the stadium - to ourselves - too slowly. 

But hey, fizz it, it's part of the fun, right? 

If you are in football for the "glory", then go and support Liverpool, Man CIty or something. 

Just think that, if we actually ever achieve anything, it will be all the more sweeter and mean so much more. 

I fear the English game is so full of dirty little spivs has drifted to a position that is way beyond redemption. Everyone seems to know what is wrong, yet no one seems to know what to do.

Yoyoing between the first and championship is and can be entertaining but will never offer the level playing field we crave.

On profit ? When has football ever been about profit but for a few select clubs. On Sustainability ? Have we not proved sustainability of our club over 152 years; 200 years if you take into account the years as a cricket and athletics club.

If the current situation doesn't change and there is no sign of things changing then it is we that should break rather than do nothing but wait for a European super league.

• Pull like minded clubs together and demand reasonable change with a more equitable distribution of finance throughout the English game.
  • Sweep aside the old FA as Totally and completely unfit for purpose along with the Separatist Premier League. One game one structure, equity for all.  
  • Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 17:33, toppOwl said:

Football has been a big part of my life, sadly its a part thats fading rapidly and this could be the final nail. The World Cup and Euro qualifiers and final have been ruined by the inclusion of too many teams, the FA and League cups are virtually distractions that clubs are not interested in, the top flight is a bloated mess thats only interest is the sale of tv rights to the highest bidder, the EFL are killing the Championship with the ham fisted P&S rules, the lower leagues are dying on their arris.

The games gone.

This. 

Wednesday are the only thing left that I care about in a sport that I used to consume like a drug. It’s done.

8 hours ago, BowOwl said:

I would love to have seen the Owls up there during this modern era, with the huge coverage they would get. Would be something different and could actually enjoy what Sky do.

But that would come crashing down if we were relegated, and I don't think it would ever seem as good being in the lower leagues.

Now I think about it more and more, sounds much more fun going to some random old ground, fans up for a laugh who don't take the sport seriously.
None of the players are celebrities, no games defending 1-0 or playing teams who sit back. Much more goals, laughs and experiences.

Brighton/Bournemouth/Watford Away... would get very stale for the price
Big fish small pond I guess, but I'm happy with that.

£30 away price cap? We've been paying £35 to go the QPR since 2010

On 15/11/2019 at 22:14, big_al1985 said:

If we get a points deduction? Or relegated? Or thrown out?

Genuine question. I'll still go, I foolishly bought a 5 year season ticket but more importantly, all my family go. The actual pull of football now has long since departed, it's a great sport but a god awful business. I go for the odd moment and my family/mates 

I think I wouldn't mind a small points deduction, if it means we enjoy our football but don't have the premier league. I really feel for my blades mates, they love it and hate it at the same time. VAR has totally ruined any joy, mega bucks has ruined any competition....the less said about huddersfield pals the better. Two have given up totally. The best sport in the world is dying and it's horrible to watch.

Sorry for the grumpiness, just sad to see were another casualty of the shallow, money grabbing road to riches

Kicked out? Lol as if , Birmingham had a transfer ban first of all for 1 season, they were then allowed to sign a certain amount of players but they broke the rules again so were given a point deduction, I can see it being another transfer embargo

I’ll just keep on going till I’m too old. Won’t be that much longer anyway.

By the way I expect EFL will delay judgment till later in the season. They will then know the effect a points deduction is likely to have. Points deduction inevitable I reckon, and will be set to keep us at the bottom end of the division, along with a transfer embargo.

This will have the effect of making the club work within its mean for a season or two.

Guest Jack the Hat

I would either crush a grape or jump of a dolls house. Or kill 2 birds with one stone by jumping off a dolls house onto a grape. Anyone under 40 feel free to put the confused sign up!