What will you do?

20 hours ago, big_al1985 said:

If we get a points deduction? Or relegated? Or thrown out?

Genuine question. I'll still go, I foolishly bought a 5 year season ticket but more importantly, all my family go. The actual pull of football now has long since departed, it's a great sport but a god awful business. I go for the odd moment and my family/mates 

I think I wouldn't mind a small points deduction, if it means we enjoy our football but don't have the premier league. I really feel for my blades mates, they love it and hate it at the same time. VAR has totally ruined any joy, mega bucks has ruined any competition....the less said about huddersfield pals the better. Two have given up totally. The best sport in the world is dying and it's horrible to watch.

Sorry for the grumpiness, just sad to see were another casualty of the shallow, money grabbing road to riches

Is this a serious question?

Surely any real Wednesday fan will just continue supporting our Club as usual.

We won't get thrown out, but if we did I think I'd pack in watching League football and start either regularly watching Sheffield in non League or try to save up and get to some England Away matches. 

But that's all hypothetical, there's no way we'll get thrown out (even though everybody does seem to have it in for us at present).

interesting comments these from what ive read there aint that many of us who are that bothered about premier league im also in that boat .though I wouldn't have minded a season or 2 in top flight to go to big grounds etc . but as long as we are playing decent football I wouldn't be that bothered what league were in but I think the championship is without doubt the best league to be in. 

From my time living in london,we were always a side they hated comming to,a homegrown type side that never spent much money,but dug up little nuggets that made us competative,never title contenders,a midtable steady eddy type club,that played their best on that big occasion,and roared on by packed support we were always hard to play against

I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 80's

I had to stop going to Hillsborough in 96 because my son had just been born and my mother wouldn't baby sit for both my kids, one was hard enough

I started taking both kids in 2000, they're first game was Burnley at home, I just picked my games that season because I didn't know if my kids would want to go regularly

We got season tickets the year after, my daughter dropped out about 10 years ago

Me and my son still go, and we will continue to do so

What else is there to do

For me, it's important I spend time with my son, and that's what going to Hillsborough is all about for me

We could be in the bottom division, I don't care, going to games is all about spending time with my son for me

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

On 15/11/2019 at 22:47, Emerson Thome said:

I don't think a points deduction would affect crowds too much. We had healthy crowds before Chansiri when we were mid-to-lower table fodder.

We've been relegated before and both times in recent years came back much stronger within two seasons. The two promotion seasons were pretty much the most fun it has been supporting us post-2000.

I don't think being thrown out is a serious possibility.

If in some nightmare scenario the club were to go out of business, a la Bury, then I would stop watching football, or English football at least - whenever I've lived abroad I've usually picked a local club to follow. And no doubt there would be some kind of Phoenix club somewhere in the lower tiers.

Be ironic in the extreme if the actions of trying to enforce P&S on the club ended up forcing us out of business. Be a good case study for the fuckwittery that is the EFL’s policymaking. 

On 16/11/2019 at 07:23, mkowl said:

MK Dons are a bit rubbish to support but at least I would get to sit in a stadium that is properly worth £60m :ph34r:

Where does our accountancy firm sit with regards to this allegation? Remember at the time you said if our accounts have signed off the stadium as being worth £60m then all is good as an accountant wouldn't put their reputation on the line by over-valuing or anything not above board. Suggests the EFL don't buy the valuation and don't buy the transaction being shoved into the accounts from a previous season.

I would love to have seen the Owls up there during this modern era, with the huge coverage they would get. Would be something different and could actually enjoy what Sky do.

But that would come crashing down if we were relegated, and I don't think it would ever seem as good being in the lower leagues.

Now I think about it more and more, sounds much more fun going to some random old ground, fans up for a laugh who don't take the sport seriously.
None of the players are celebrities, no games defending 1-0 or playing teams who sit back. Much more goals, laughs and experiences.

Brighton/Bournemouth/Watford Away... would get very stale for the price
Big fish small pond I guess, but I'm happy with that.