What will you do?

9 hours ago, big_al1985 said:

If we get a points deduction? Or relegated? Or thrown out?

Genuine question. I'll still go, I foolishly bought a 5 year season ticket but more importantly, all my family go. The actual pull of football now has long since departed, it's a great sport but a god awful business. I go for the odd moment and my family/mates 

I think I wouldn't mind a small points deduction, if it means we enjoy our football but don't have the premier league. I really feel for my blades mates, they love it and hate it at the same time. VAR has totally ruined any joy, mega bucks has ruined any competition....the less said about huddersfield pals the better. Two have given up totally. The best sport in the world is dying and it's horrible to watch.

Sorry for the grumpiness, just sad to see were another casualty of the shallow, money grabbing road to riches

Sorely disappointed in any supporter that would pack it in over this. 

9 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Let em kick us to Division 4 fooooook em.

New grounds and different days out watching Wednesday and a clean slate to build again 

WAWAW what difference should it make who were playing.

This, this, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If we get sent to the bottom of the football league I’ll start going to matches again

We’d have a ‘backs to the wall’ mentality 

Bigger crowds home and away with an attitude of let’s smash it instead of being bored to death

Its the kick start this club needs

phook the EFL

Do your worst because we’ll come back stronger

• Like 3

9 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Football has been a big part of my life, sadly its a part thats fading rapidly and this could be the final nail. The World Cup and Euro qualifiers and final have been ruined by the inclusion of too many teams, the FA and League cups are virtually distractions that clubs are not interested in, the top flight is a bloated mess thats only interest is the sale of tv rights to the highest bidder, the EFL are killing the Championship with the ham fisted P&S rules, the lower leagues are dying on their arris.

The games gone.

Seeing more and more posts in a similar vain to this and I couldn't agree more. 100% hits the nail on the head.

• Thanks 1

If the worst happens and we end up playing in the national north,    it would look silly.     we probably sell our away end every home match.    and still charge 40 pounds per match.

SAG will have a field day. 

I will still go if we do end up in the north.l 

Edited by Owls_fan_since_1983
  • Like 1

Head down, carry on.

Its this sort of thing that sometimes drags supporters back, rather than puts more off.

Obviously Delphjon Chansiri would have to have a hard look at the pricing structure, because surely it would be beyond stupid to beat fans further over the head, should we be relegated.

A swingeing 20 odd point deduction puts us out of contention and into a relegation fight, anything around 12 or so would put us probably mid table and humdrum...These prices for "humdrum" don't really cut the mustard.

Whatever happens We have to be onside with Chansiri, and he has to swalllow some of his pride and be onside with the fans, he is not entirely blameless, all we as fans did was follow the team.

As a football supporter who has no say in how the club is run, your average Wednesday fan has to trust the owner of the club to run it properly, this hasn't been done has it?

I believe Delphjon Chansiri is well intentioned, but whether its been bad advice given, or good advice ignored, mistakes have been made.

Its easy being an hindsight half back, but these worries have been aired on here, and in other places for several years or more,  saying "I told you so" is not really going to help the situation, 

In fact Chansiri "Told us so" the other year at the meeting when he said "Big trouble" If we don't go up..Well here it is, So surely there is a plan in place to deal with the "Big trouble"...

Anyone think there is?

I hope so, but seriously doubt it.

any road upwards...

Heads down, take it on the chin, follow the Owls....No other choice in my opinion

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Head down, carry on.

Its this sort of thing that sometimes drags supporters back, rather than puts more off.

Obviously Delphjon Chansiri would have to have a hard look at the pricing structure, because surely it would be beyond stupid to beat fans further over the head, should we be relegated.

A swingeing 20 odd point deduction puts us out of contention and into a relegation fight, anything around 12 or so would put us probably mid table and humdrum...These prices for "humdrum" don't really cut the mustard.

Whatever happens We have to be onside with Chansiri, and he has to swalllow some of his pride and be onside with the fans, he is not entirely blameless, all we as fans did was follow the team.

As a football supporter who has no say in how the club is run, your average Wednesday fan has to trust the owner of the club to run it properly, this hasn't been done has it?

I believe Delphjon Chansiri is well intentioned, but whether its been bad advice given, or good advice ignored, mistakes have been made.

Its easy being an hindsight half back, but these worries have been aired on here, and in other places for several years or more,  saying "I told you so" is not really going to help the situation, 

In fact Chansiri "Told us so" the other year at the meeting when he said "Big trouble" If we don't go up..Well here it is, So surely there is a plan in place to deal with the "Big trouble"...

Anyone think there is?

I hope so, but seriously doubt it.

any road upwards...

Heads down, take it on the chin, follow the Owls....No other choice in my opinion

Did you view the mercury transit through your kal. Telescope?

My dad first took me to S6 during the 75/76 season.  The late 70s and early 80s were a bit grim but so many memorable away days  (Derby, Grimsby, Bristol Rovers and Swansea away following the Oldham ban, ICO (train) to Southend, away days at the likes of Hereford, Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Chester etc, with the odd sprinkling of unbelievable days like Ewood Park).

My sons 16 and has been brought up on largely Championship away days.  If we were relegated one or two divisions (think Swindon punishment), I’d happily take him to lower league grounds watching Wednesday.  It would be history repeating itself. Doing with your kids what your dad did with you.  It’s what footballs all about (unless your a big six plastic). 

Oh, and we’d still get beat at Bolton. 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The EFL decision will have no impact on me watching football. The cheating the crap refs the turgid football. That’s having an affect and I am seriously falling out of love with the game. I’ve had a season ticket for as long as I can remember but really not sure if I will bother next season. Something needs to change because this isn’t the game i used to watch

Can’t imagine not hauling myself up to Hillsborough, it’s in my DNA... I love the club, the city, the people, the drive, the hotel that I stay in, the funky little cinema that I visit, the restaurants that I chow down at, ... I feel good up in Yorkshire. The only thing that spoils my visits is loosing, I hate that and it puts a little downer on the trip, but when we win ... heaven on earth.

A points deduction or even relegation won’t get halt the pilgrimage.

• Like 3