Nuhiu scores

I hope he scores against us today. 

Why the hell not?!

We've qualified and it is a nothing game from an England perspective. 

Kosovo have done brilliant to get as close to qualification as they did. By all accounts they have been great hosts to the England team/fans. 

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why the hell not?!

Kosovo have done brilliant to get as close to qualification as they did. By all accounts they have been great hosts to the England team/fans. 

If he is playing I'll certainly be cheering him.

Stopped caring about England in 2006 hard to support 2 clubs that let you down lol

28 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Shut the flip up. 

Jesus Christ. 

People keep responding asking my opinion...you don’t like it, deal with it. Or why reply if you don’t want a response?? 

He’s tug!! That’s my opinion...n why would I want him to score against England?? I want England to win 8-0 and personally I would like to see them win the euros. 

Guest LittleG
On 16/11/2019 at 10:14, Buxtongent said:

Well done, Atdhe! Looking at last night's goal, the the later follow-up showing Atdhe's goals for Wednesday, simply confirm for me an atitude and opinion I've had for a long time.

When we first bought Nuhiu we were under the impression that we were buying a 20+ goal a year striker, who would be our next Dooley. This was what we in our minds thought - we wanted a Centre Forward, big, bustling etc. Someone who would overcome and terrify centre halves and defences. This was NOT the case. I have said for a long while that Nuhiu is not a forward to lead a line. He is more of a 'back-row' forward. One who can keep the ball if need be (watch players try to take the ball off him.- if they can) .and watch how many of his goals have come from him darting in from an inside forward position, and with his head . 

I have for a long while considered that Managers and fans expect too much by playing him as a centre forward, a role he is not IMO cut out for

As for England v Kosovo, I am a Wednesdayite for 365 days a year, and an Englishman whenever we play. What I would love to see is Enland win 2-1 with Nuhiu scoring for Kosovo. 

I also want England to win but can't understand why you want the opposition to score against us, just bizarre!

Guest LittleG
33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why the hell not?!

Can't get my head around the fact that you want any player to score against England. I cheer Nuihu when he plays for us but I also support England when they play and I don't want them to concede no matter who the scorer is 

38 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Can't get my head around the fact that you want any player to score against England. I cheer Nuihu when he plays for us but I also support England when they play and I don't want them to concede no matter who the scorer is 

I'd like to see him score against us, not a big fan of him as a player for SWFC but he's an honest player and gives 100%.  Would Be a lovely memory for him to.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I'd like to see him score against us, not a big fan of him as a player for SWFC but he's an honest player and gives 100%.  Would Be a lovely memory for him to.

That's fair enough but my point of view is I want England to win every match and not concede; a bit like my expectations for Wednesday!

On 16/11/2019 at 10:14, Buxtongent said:

Well done, Atdhe! Looking at last night's goal, the the later follow-up showing Atdhe's goals for Wednesday, simply confirm for me an atitude and opinion I've had for a long time.

When we first bought Nuhiu we were under the impression that we were buying a 20+ goal a year striker, who would be our next Dooley. This was what we in our minds thought - we wanted a Centre Forward, big, bustling etc. Someone who would overcome and terrify centre halves and defences. This was NOT the case. I have said for a long while that Nuhiu is not a forward to lead a line. He is more of a 'back-row' forward. One who can keep the ball if need be (watch players try to take the ball off him.- if they can) .and watch how many of his goals have come from him darting in from an inside forward position, and with his head . 

I have for a long while considered that Managers and fans expect too much by playing him as a centre forward, a role he is not IMO cut out for

As for England v Kosovo, I am a Wednesdayite for 365 days a year, and an Englishman whenever we play. What I would love to see is Enland win 2-1 with Nuhiu scoring for Kosovo. 

Is that right about the history?

To me, when we bought him we were under the impression that he was a cheap acquisition from one of the weakest leagues in Europe: a signing late in a close season when it became clear that the then owner had no interest in strengthening a team that had looked a basket case for much of the season, and only just got away with stuff. I didn't expect anything at all from him.

In his first few months I felt a bit sorry for him, because the effort was there to see, but he was struggling to meet a far high standard of competition, in a new country, in a useless, useless team. One of the things that's really impressed me about him is the way he has learned and improved since then. To the point that he is a serious and useful championship player who would get into a number of starting line ups, and the majority of squads.

But yes, I do agree about where his strengths lie.

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, LittleG said:

That's fair enough but my point of view is I want England to win every match and not concede; a bit like my expectations for Wednesday!

Get ready for a life of bitter disappointment then

Guest LittleG
36 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Get ready for a life of bitter disappointment then

I've had well over 50 years watching Wednesday; it's mainly been one long road of disappointment.