Nuhiu scores

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Without counting I think I’ve had upwards of 50 people interested in my comments...along with 8/9 comments, it’s only polite to respond. Everything you have responded with is hypocritical of your suggestions. 

A thread about nuhiu scoring and my initial opinion of “I couldn’t care less” has created such a stir...it’s unreal. Unless it’s an English player who plays for Wednesday, scoring at international level I couldn’t care less. 

So why enter the thread, just saying.

21 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I think other folk are more angry than myself shandy...the level of response would suggest that.

Jeez, I  mean I never thought nuhiu scoring for Kosovo meant so much to so many English people. 

People are just happy for him. Why can’t you be?

13 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

because that’s my opinion and it’s a free forum...so why comment if you don’t like? 

It appears that you just don’t like Nuhiu. Do you think the Barca fans couldn’t care less when Messi scores for Argentina?

Edited by shandypants

Well done, Atdhe! Looking at last night's goal, the the later follow-up showing Atdhe's goals for Wednesday, simply confirm for me an atitude and opinion I've had for a long time.

When we first bought Nuhiu we were under the impression that we were buying a 20+ goal a year striker, who would be our next Dooley. This was what we in our minds thought - we wanted a Centre Forward, big, bustling etc. Someone who would overcome and terrify centre halves and defences. This was NOT the case. I have said for a long while that Nuhiu is not a forward to lead a line. He is more of a 'back-row' forward. One who can keep the ball if need be (watch players try to take the ball off him.- if they can) .and watch how many of his goals have come from him darting in from an inside forward position, and with his head . 

I have for a long while considered that Managers and fans expect too much by playing him as a centre forward, a role he is not IMO cut out for

As for England v Kosovo, I am a Wednesdayite for 365 days a year, and an Englishman whenever we play. What I would love to see is Enland win 2-1 with Nuhiu scoring for Kosovo. 

• Like 3

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolutley they don’t...have you ever been to Barcelona? They don’t even care for Spain!! 

Don’t be silly. They don’t care for Spain because of other reasons than football (Catalonians wanting independence) - my guess is that you know that. 

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Don’t be silly. They don’t care for Spain because of other reasons than football (Catalonians wanting independence) - my guess is that you know that. 

Yeah you’re right...but please believe me there is only our fans that get so excited about our players scoring at international!!

do you think Man U fans react like this when rashford scores or spurs fans when Kane scores for England? Absolutely not!! People use the word tinpot a lot on here that exactly what the reaction to nuhiu scoring is. 

22 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yeah you’re right...but please believe me there is only our fans that get so excited about our players scoring at international!!

do you think Man U fans react like this when rashford scores or spurs fans when Kane scores for England? Absolutely not!! People use the word tinpot a lot on here that exactly what the reaction to nuhiu scoring is. 

Well that’s even more silly than your previous post. Of course fans like to see their players score for their respective countries. I know that for a fact because I’ve seen and heard for years having known and still knowing supporters of other teams. You’re just arguing now because you’ve painted yourself into a corner. 

That’s the thing about Internet forums and social media; people make comments (like yours) and then can’t admit they might be wrong when the general opinion is opposite to theirs. 

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Well that’s even more silly than your previous post. Of course fans like to see their players score for their respective countries. I know that for a fact because I’ve seen and heard for years having known and still knowing supporters of other teams. You’re just arguing now because you’ve painted yourself into a corner. 

That’s the thing about Internet forums and social media; people make comments (like yours) and then can’t admit they might be wrong when the general opinion is opposite to theirs. 

Yep you’re right and I’m wrong, I live in a cave and only know Wednesday fans...plus I’ve not spent my last 5/6 years following England meeting fans of other clubs.

my opinion hasn’t changed...I don’t give a poo about Kosovo or nuhiu (when he plays for Kosovo), you don’t agree but that’s not my issue. My opinion is the same and doesn’t change. 

3 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

You talk as if he's never come up with a match winner, vital goal on numerous occasions? Jog on mate. 

He’s poo mate...people can argue until they’re blue in the face. He’s a poor footballer with a poor record. I will always support him when he plays for Wednesday but he’s terrible. 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

He’s poo mate...people can argue until they’re blue in the face. He’s a poor footballer with a poor record. I will always support him when he plays for Wednesday but he’s terrible. 

Shut the flip up. 

Jesus Christ.