Jump to content
markg

EFL Statement

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Mate it’s why this site is now held in such utter contempt by people who actually support the club.

Utterly ridiculous to still be under the guise as a Wednesday fans forum!

We don’t even know of the punishment, but lives are seemingly about to end on here lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Show this site to supporters of other clubs ( I have) then gauge their reactions. That may just answer your question!

 

Or you could just answer the question that I asked you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is about points scoring, rather than the likely points deduction.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC should absolutely throw everything at it in Jan, buy Bale or something ridiculous. Get promoted and stick 2 fingers up at the EFL as we go. What else has he got to lose now.

In the meantime find every possible way to push the decision until after start of next season. As soon as the new PL seasons kicks off, if we are there then there is nothing they can do

Wolves did it...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreshOwl said:

We don’t even know of the punishment, but lives are seemingly about to end on here lol 

Or if we’re even guilty of anything lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone’s expecting us to hit a brick wall on the pitch now but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the opposite happen and Monk’s experience of these problems at Birmingham give us an even better chance of this happening IMO?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we look at Birmingham as a good example the got docked 9 points for financial irregularities, then another 3 points for trying to sign a player when in a transfer embargo a player that the EFL subsequently allowed to complete his transfer.

 

We are getting done for financial irregularities if the sale of the ground is not allowed, then we will also get done for the dodgy dealing of selling the ground to a company that did not exist at the time of the supposed sale. 

 

Best case scenario as the EFL have apparently signed off all of our accounts and only when Heir Gibson moaned, have they looked into our club dealing we could be looking at a 6-12 point deduction ala Birmingham. But I also think there will be a fine, but for me this should be not paid for by Sheffield Wednesday but DC, as why should the fans and the club pay yet again for DC and his advisor not having a clue what they are doing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

we could get

 

between a 9-21 points decuted

 

fined £5 million pounds

 

9 home games played behind closed doors

 

and a ban of 9 transfer windows 

 

 

 

might not be a bad thing when you look at our recent spending. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive overreaction on here by so called Wednesday fans embarrassing 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sonny said:

 

Or you could just answer the question that I asked you...

Ok then ........ the vast majority of people to whom I speak both at home and most definitely away absolutely think this site has been allowed to turn into an agenda driven parody of itself and in no way reflects their thoughts or ideas of what it is to be a Wednesdayite .... ok?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

DC should absolutely throw everything at it in Jan, buy Bale or something ridiculous. Get promoted and stick 2 fingers up at the EFL as we go. What else has he got to lose now.

In the meantime find every possible way to push the decision until after start of next season. As soon as the new PL seasons kicks off, if we are there then there is nothing they can do

Wolves did it...

Dont disagree with this in principle. We've tried to comply with the rules,  do what the EFL asked and we've been prevented from competing through embargoes for almost 2 seasons. 

 

I'd argue that we've already been punished, but if additional punishment is coming  time to tell the EFL to go fizz themselves and let it play out in the courts. 

 

Someone needs to stand up to the EFL.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Ok then ........ the vast majority of people to whom I speak both at home and most definitely away absolutely think this site has been allowed to turn into an agenda driven parody of itself and in no way reflects their thoughts or ideas of what it is to be a Wednesdayite .... ok?

I appreciate my post count...but who on here engages in chats with random ers about OT?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For whatever reason he seems to have his critics on here, but Kieran Maguire's interview with The Star is pretty good just to explain what's going on without getting lost in excessive conjecture and speculation:

 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-efl-misconduct-charge-what-does-it-mean-will-they-get-points-deduction-and-how-long-will-it-all-take-1019834

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, striker said:

Dont disagree with this in principle. We've tried to comply with the rules,  do what the EFL asked and we've been prevented from competing through embargoes for almost 2 seasons. 

 

I'd argue that we've already been punished, but if additional punishment is coming  time to tell the EFL to go fizz themselves and let it play out in the courts. 

 

Someone needs to stand up to the EFL.


Any sort of financial punishment would be fair and should be aimed at Chansiri/Accountants. But as soon as they start dragging point deductions into it, the fans & the staff are the ones really getting punished, let alone the league's reputation.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We’ll end up with a points deduction at the end of the season that equates to us finishing 21st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Got a point there. Bungling approach to Huddersfield in particular.

 

Sorry to pick you up on this, and to post something not particularly relevant to this thread (but good knows I need a break from EFL rules)... but its been mentioned several times on this thread and others that the Huddersfield semi-final was basically a walkover and we bottled it. Seems to have become Owlstalk received wisdom by now.

 

That Huddersfield team under Wagner was very well organised and tough to beat. They had also had the luxury of close to a month of preparation time when it was clear they would make the playoffs but not the top two. They were ahead of us in the league by quite some margin for most of the season before they rested up the final few games.

 

They only added a small number of first team players for their next season in the Premier League, and if their home and away matches that season had counted as two-legged ties they would have beaten several much better, and more expensively assembled teams than us:

 

Huddersfield Town 3 vs Crystal Palace 2 (3-0 away & 0-2 at home)

Huddersfield Town 3 vs West Brom 1 (2-1 & 1-0)

Huddersfield Town 3 vs Brighton 1 (2-1 & 1-0)

Huddersfield Town 5 vs Watford 1 (1-0 & 1-4 win away)

 

And, we didn't even lose to them - it was a draw after 210 minutes that went to penalties. Which puts us in the same bracket as these teams they played the next season

 

Huddersfield Town 1 vs Southampton 1 (0-0 & 1-1)

Huddersfield Town 1 vs Newcastle 1 (1-0 & 0-1)

Huddersfield Town 0 vs Burnley 0 (0-0 & 0-0)

 

FFS - even Man City, the most expensive and most successful team in history that season (with a record 100 points that season) only beat that Huddersfield team 2-1 on aggregate over two games. If Aguero, De Bruyne and Sterling struggled against them then imagine how much toucher it was for Jones, Winnall and Reach.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we look at Birmingham as a good example the got docked 9 points for financial irregularities, then another 3 points for trying to sign a player when in a transfer embargo a player that the EFL subsequently allowed to complete his transfer.

 

We are getting done for financial irregularities if the sale of the ground is not allowed, then we will also get done for the dodgy dealing of selling the ground to a company that did not exist at the time of the supposed sale. 

 

Best case scenario as the EFL have apparently signed off all of our accounts and only when Heir Gibson moaned, have they looked into our club dealing we could be looking at a 6-12 point deduction ala Birmingham. But I also think there will be a fine, but for me this should be not paid for by Sheffield Wednesday but DC, as why should the fans and the club pay yet again for DC and his advisor not having a clue what they are doing.

Maybe DC and his advisors do know what they're doing in relation to this matter? I am sure we will have spoken to numerous people about this and taken their advice. Whilst we as a football club have no option other than to abide by what the EFL say, accountants/,auditors, lawyers and PI companies dont and they will not let the EFL walk all over them and will fight this if we lose. Let's support the club being right on this rather than automatically assume we've done something wrong and slit our wrists without knowing what the outcome will be. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I appreciate my post count...but who on here engages in chats with random ers about OT?

I asked my mates when we were playing golf the other week, all ST holders and none of them are on here

and only 1 had heard of OT

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no agenda driven on here.  I used to think that in 2004 when if you said something a bit silly you would be round upon.  Although I can appreciate why people refrain from posting on here and simply read it.

 

It's just full of people with too much time on their hands...many love Wednesday and know about the dealings at S6 a lot more than me...who just likes to turn up on a Saturday, have a couple of beers and watch our team hopefully pick up some points.

 

I can also understand why people never/rarely go in the dressing room section...It can be just depressing and full of business talk.  Now it's been promoted to the matchday section and nobody can ignore it now.

 

I'll like to add that sometimes on here, i've had a right laugh at what is posted and the sense of humour on here, even during dark times, has been amazing.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Some absolute bed wetters in here, comedy viewing 

Where would we be without our weekly bed wetting thread 

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...