markg

EFL Statement

What makes this even more joyous is those ctuns sitting pretty in the prem, seemingly having done so in the old fashioned way !!!

Seriously, I could f**kin scream !!!!

I’m proud to be an Owl and am not overly bothered if others dislike us due to a rivalry.  But I ain’t too keen going forward on being a supporter of “them silly tvvats who tried to be billy big balls and fooked up !”.  Proven or not, this taints our club and leaves a very sour taste.

• Agree 3

How will this affect the players moving forward is a biggie for me.

It will almost certainly have a negative impact and as someone said earlier its GM who you have to feel for, he must have had an inkling though as we all did when he took over.

Even if we take a points hit were still good enough to stay up unless its a 21 pointer, then were in the brown stuff

16 minutes ago, Woodsideowl said:

What makes this even more joyous is those ctuns sitting pretty in the prem, seemingly having done so in the old fashioned way !!!

I’m proud to be an Owl and am not overly bothered if others dislike us due to a rivalry.  But I ain’t too keen going forward on being a supporter of “them silly tvvats who tried to be billy big balls and fooked up !”.  Proven or not, this taints our club and leaves a very sour taste.

Get ready then.

Absolute scenes when we're in League One 1 next season, and that lot at S2 are playing in Europe.

:ghoulguy:

45 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Expelled from EFL is worst scenario, ending up in National North if they do. :duntmatter:

It could be even worst and play a few levels below the north 

21 minutes ago, Woodsideowl said:

A comment like that can only be written by a Blade.

You lot don't half make it obvious.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

His family business is with 4 billion pounds and is the leading business and is the largest in its market. This and my own experience of working in Asia Pacific where family and honour is still paramount 

Do you mean the business that the chansiri family owns around a 20% share holding, of which the chairman has less than 2%. 

His father and brother have a combined wealth of around 600 million according to forbes, putting them in the top 50 rich list in there country. Our chairman does not feature on the list. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

People need to be careful what they write on here. Some of what I am reading could be libelous and we all know how that can end.

Really , all i have seen is straight forward honest opinions. If some people don't like the truth , tough. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

Do you mean the business that the chansiri family owns around a 20% share holding, of which the chairman has less than 2%. 

His father and brother have a combined wealth of around 600 million according to forbes, putting them in the top 50 rich list in there country. Our chairman does not feature on the list. 

And yet we owe him £77m for the money he has put in. (Less the £60m he owes us for the ground over 8 years. ) So he’s still got more than most!

A lot of conjecture here - no one really knows what will ultimately happen, however a points deduction must be a possibility.

..if we have broken the rules, fair enough however It’s the rules them-self that just aren’t fit for purpose which is the big issue here.

Classic Wednesday, caught out for finally showing some ambition 

lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

A lot of conjecture here - no one really knows what will ultimately happen, however a points deduction must be a possibility.

..if we have broken the rules, fair enough however It’s the rules them-self that just aren’t fit for purpose which is the big issue here.

Classic Wednesday, caught out for finally showing some ambition 

lol

In this instance, "ambition" is synonymous with "remortaging the house to pay for your day trip to London and subsequent attempts to repeat the experience but winning a prize at the end of it". 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well we aren't the only club to have taken advantage of this loophole. It's allowed within the rules... they can't then punish us for complying with said rules. They can change the rules going forward but not retrospectively.

As for the point about 'lying'... have we really though. If it's in the accounts, that means it's been signed off by the auditor which should mean that there is proof of the sale falling within the accounting period otherwise they wouldn't have been able to sign it off. And if that's the case, then we should win.

If we've fabricated documentation and provided this to the auditors then Chansiri has much bigger problems than the EFL as that would be fraud. No evidence of that though yet.

We aren’t being punished for the sale of the ground. We are being punished for lying when we sold it. The rest of the teams aren’t lying about when it was sold. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It doesn't seem to me like we have that much case for defence. Unless we can prove that stamp duty was paid in that accounting period, that we claim the sale relates to, we're screwed. So did we really sell the stadium in 17/18? It seems unlikely that we did, hence the charge. As expected the club will not be commenting!!!

With the EFL under enormous pressure (Sued by Boro) to abide by their rules, I think we're in for a torrid time and unless that proof really exists we haven't got a hope of avoiding (the harshest?) sanctions. 

UTO

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

It doesn't seem to me like we have that much case for defence. Unless we can prove that stamp duty was paid in that accounting period, that we claim the sale relates to, we're screwed. So did we really sell the stadium in 17/18? It seems unlikely that we did, hence the charge. As expected the club will not be commenting!!!

With the EFL under enormous pressure (Sued by Boro) to abide by their rules, I think we're in for a torrid time and unless that proof really exists we haven't got a hope of avoiding (the harshest?) sanctions. 

UTO

As stated earlier when the stamp duty was paid is totally irrelevant to the date of recognition in the accounting records. 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

We aren’t being punished for the sale of the ground. We are being punished for lying when we sold it. The rest of the teams aren’t lying about when it was sold. 

I think the big issues is the club say they sold the ground in 2018 but the company DC set up to sell it too did not even exist until 2019. 

Unfortunately DC, his advisors, his legal team and his accountants have royally balls up on this one. 

But the ones who will lose out with this once again will be the fans.

For me The EFL need to make a decision one way or the other now not June lets get what ever fine or point deduction now so we have a chance of dealing with it this season. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Unfortunately many auditors have missed failings in accounts of other companies

Agree but this is the major transaction in those accounts and would assume would have had much of the audit focus.

Not a question of "missed" this is a question of judgement.

It's not black and white and am sure can be argued either way, but it's very very murky ground to say those accounts are wrong, it's not a lower burden of proof as in forresieri EFL have to prove SWFC are wrong on how the sale was accounted for.

1 hour ago, debram said:

Why, have you got inside information. 

Why?

Because he sold the ground to himself and for 60 million.

It's blatantly underhand, shady, bending the rules or whatever you want to call it.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Agree but this is the major transaction in those accounts and would assume would have had much of the audit focus.

Not a question of "missed" this is a question of judgement.

It's not black and white and am sure can be argued either way, but it's very very murky ground to say those accounts are wrong, it's not a lower burden of proof as in forresieri EFL have to prove SWFC are wrong on how the sale was accounted for.

Need to remember EFL cannot dictate how SWFC put their accounts together.

If swfc can demonstrate they are prepared in accordance with accounting standards and show true and fair view then whilst EFL may not be happy about it I can't see how they have a case to sanction them

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Going back some years with this one, I can't remember why they got demoted 2 divisions.

Financial irregularities.  IIRC they paid bonuses to players outwith players contracts.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Some absolute bed wetters in here, comedy viewing 

Mate it’s why this site is now held in such utter contempt by people who actually support the club.

Utterly ridiculous to still be under the guise as a Wednesday fans forum!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1