2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Never said it was did I?

Wind yer neck in.

Politics of envy...

• Haha 1

"A situation has not occurred which is not necessarily to our advantage" 

- Emperor Hirohito after the Nagasaki bomb. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Knowing us we probably 'sold it' to an entity that didn't even exist in 2017-18! :ghoulguy:

Not sure what this does for the certified accountants who agreed to sign this off as acceptable. I would have hoped they are more savvy about the rules of financial accounting practices than the EFL......... 

Accountants were...

Chansiri, Chansiri, Chansiri and co.

Obviously a well established firm who DC has known for years. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

"A situation has not occurred which is not necessarily to our advantage" 

- Emperor Hirohito after the Nagasaki bomb. 

Thought it was

"What the f.ook was that bang!"

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Whether you think that they have it in for us or not, facts are we've been caught out and going to pay a very hefty price. All down to one man..Chansiri. 

Do you honestly think that an unbelievably successful and honourable business man like DC has not consulted legal and commercial advice. 

Stop looking for a scapegoat without any knowledge or understanding of the facts. If it turns out to be DC to blame it will come out in due course and I will owe you a massive apology. If it turns out that DC was doing everything in his power to promote the interests of SWFC will I hear from you?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

I just hope Chansiri won't try to defend us himself. For some reason, I always think of him as the angry Oriental bloke from the Hangover movies.

He probably wants out of the club as soon as possible. The problem is that no one wants to pay the asking price. Just like with the player transfers.

I really feel sorry for Monk right now.

the only people what can get us out of this mess are monk and the players ,we need 70points 70 is the new 50 for us this season . if anyone thinks this storm is just passing there from another world . if this club is to even survive we have to beat the efls points deduction . id sooner we get the hit now as the players might see this as a siege mentality and get us the points we need . we could easily end up been the next Coventry ,portsmouth.  I dread to think what sh*t creek we would be up if the efl sent us down to league 1 . this aint doom and gloom this is reality and its sadly happening . 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

The key date under FRS102 is the date the "risks and reward of ownership" changes from seller to buyer.

This isn't necessarily the date monies change hands.

All down to the terms of the contract/agreement for sale which would assume was signed pre 31.7.2018.

Swfc obviously convinced auditors the terms had transferred risk and rewards on that date, EFL arguing otherwise.

It's a bit like tax rules for buying property off plan, when you pay deposit/echage contracts is the date you are deemed to have bought it for CGT purposes even if it's not built for two years and you don't complete until well after the deposit paid and contracts exchanged.

Then we agree? 

32 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Kin ell, you would think DC was a bit streetwise and this wouldn’t have been possible. UTO.

After all the previous problems you really think DC is streetwise?

:Chansiri::tango:

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Itchy said:

I can see this going really wrong , Chansiri could end up being disqualified from being a director of a company. What has he done, we in the poo and he’s in up to his neck. 

Crikey fella,its the EFL we're talking about here,they govern football....nowt else.

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We can all probably agree that its unfair to stop Chansiri spending money if he wants to..Like its some sort of restriction of trade...But the sad fact is..

The laws of the governing body of the Sport we signed up to...Don't allow it.

On top of that, We had several warnings that we were on the edge of it...We apparently ignored it.

I can have a car capable of 150mph...It can do it....Sadly the speed limot is 70....

I spend 2 years roaring up the M1 at 90...I get warned...."its 70"

The next year...I career up the m1 doing 100....even tyhogh I know they have me reg....and I know the Cameras are on me...But I still think 120 mph is fair enough....

I get done..

Who's fault is it?

Yours Fernando

• Haha 1

So we have been “charged”. In a normal UK court, the prosecution have to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. The EFL seem to take the route of a dictatorship though, and as we’ve been charged they may as well give us our sentence now. Can anyone actually remember if an EFL charge has ever been successfully disputed?

• Agree 3

Who even really cares about getting to the premier league ?? I’m genuinely losing interest rapidly ,  the game is gone when we’re sat here discussing accountants and absolute gash like FFP 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Whether you think that they have it in for us or not, facts are we've been caught out and going to pay a very hefty price. All down to one man..Chansiri. 

What should he have done then? 

23 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Frankly I’d be terrified about who he would flog us to. Don’t trust his judgement one iota. 

Is the Azerbaijani out of jail yet?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MartyMcfly said:

Not really. Your predicament is embarrassing. I'm just interested in your affairs as a fellow football supporter and rival club. Just standard practice and I'm not embarrassed by it at all. You're obviously a bit touchy though aren't you sweetheart

Another one of the thousands of plastic pigs who’ve sprung up from nowhere

We might be in a mess at the moment but there’s not a day goes by I don’t thank the footballing gods that I wasn’t born a Blade

Especially now they’re Saudi owned

That club is lower than a snakes belly

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Then we agree? 

Yeah.  But it's what I dear it will run and run as it's interpretation rather than black and white.  Personally I find it absolutely disgraceful that the EFL cannot rely on the judgement of the independent auditors on the true and fair nature of the accounts.

I believe the swfc auditors are the 5th biggest firm of auditors in the UK, not Jo bloggs and co

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

You’d have thought DC would have had advice from many advisors and legal teams to say this is how you can get over the line in FFP and to have accounts signed off.

Now were retrospectively being punished as either a big example by the EFL or because we’ve f*cked up with how we’ve published this - but DC will still have gone by what his advisors will have told him in the trust that it’s right 

What a sorry case - he can’t do right from wrong trying to get us where we want to be 

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Do you honestly think that an unbelievably successful and honourable business man like DC has not consulted legal and commercial advice. 

Stop looking for a scapegoat without any knowledge or understanding of the facts. If it turns out to be DC to blame it will come out in due course and I will owe you a massive apology. If it turns out that DC was doing everything in his power to promote the interests of SWFC will I hear from you?

Honourable or not Lawrie...He is the boss..theres no board of directors...If the club has f.ooked up with the laws..Who else do we blame?

Did the same fans who bought Jordan Rhodes give him accountancy advice as well?

Nah..He wants to run the club , lock stock and barrel...He takes the blame

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Just had this from a mate, not sure how much truth is in it.....

Heard about this. The sale was attributed to the years accounts but theres still no money exchanged. 
Against one of the fundamental rules of accounting. 

Your mate does not know the rules of accounting then

• Haha 3