markg

EFL Statement

6 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Only the EFL could appoint an independent panel to investigate, then appeal their own appointed panel’s decision

Not fit for purpose 

Exactly!

I'm really struggling with all of this now.

Is this seriously what's really happening?

They're appealing against the independent panel like children where they make their own rules up as they go along?

Surely with all of the incompetence, inconsistencies and random punishments, it's time for the chairmen of the league clubs to come together and bring these guys to task.

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

20K fine coming apparently. 

Where has this come from?

If that's the sum total of any punishment the EFL try to level at us, I'll be amazed yet delighted.

We could have a whip-round at the next home game and pay that off.

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Where has this come from?

If that's the sum total of any punishment the EFL try to level at us, I'll be amazed yet delighted.

We could have a whip-round at the next home game and pay that off.

SYP have announced the buckets for the collection will be placed on Leppings Lane, which will be closed to Owls fans, in a shed wiv a sign saying "beware of the Puma" 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

20,000 points?

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Exactly!

I'm really struggling with all of this now.

Is this seriously what's really happening?

They're appealing against the independent panel like children where they make their own rules up as they go along?

Surely with all of the incompetence, inconsistencies and random punishments, it's time for the chairmen of the league clubs to come together and bring these guys to task.

The chairmen are at odds so that's a nonstarter.. the EFL are notionally the body that are the instrument that represents the club's..by consent...clunker of a sentence there.. only way I know to describe the mess that it is..

UTO..

On 23/11/2019 at 11:05, Pale Rider said:

Where did you hear this? I'd be amazed if this is all we got but is love it to be true. No way am I attaching any sort of hope to this post until I know the source. Likewise I don't get suicidal when people say 25 points minimum is what they've heard. 

We need to be picking up as many points as possible so when they do dock us points we aren’t in the bottom 3. Results like we have had the last month or so are going to come back to haunt us. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

38 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Where did you hear this? I'd be amazed if this is all we got but is love it to be true. No way am I attaching any sort of hope to this post until I know the source. Likewise I don't get suicidal when people say 25 points minimum is what they've heard. 

Whilst there isn't a precedent for the penalty outcome of the charges against us, I suppose £20k could be reasonable; similarly 25 points could be said (by some, say Gibson) also be reasonable.

At present I can't see what we've actually done wrong - providing the advice of the accountant's was legitimate. DC signed of the accounts, again presumably on the advice of the auditors, so it would be reasonable for DC to have a good case to say he simply took professional advice, which on face value is the only thing he could be expected to do as sole Director.

I'd also imagine that any fine levied to SWFC, would be passed through to the auditor's PI insurance company to pick up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We need to be picking up as many points as possible so when they do dock us points we aren’t in the bottom 3. Results like we have had the last month or so are going to come back to haunt us. 

Agree. I’ve already wrote off top 6, even without a points deduction. Top 6 sides don’t concede the amount of goals we have in the latter stages of games. They are mentally tougher than that and have a higher level of resilience. 

• Agree 4

If the EFL do decide to deduct us points, I really hope they make the decision quickly so that we know exactly what we’re up against and what’s needed. I dread the thought of them announcing a deduction with only 2 or 3 months of the season left and it plunging us straight into a relegation battle. I’m not at all convinced that this particular squad of players has the collective strength of character to overcome that sort of pressure whoever manages them.

• Agree 4

On 21/11/2019 at 19:34, Road Runner said:

Anybody want a job?

Makes you wonder if there was actually anybody qualified to look at the accounts in detail, and now we are challenging it they need someone. 

email is at the bottom if you wish to apply, I’m sure they will be interested in thousands of CVs and applicants. 

:biggrin:

B0DC9173-6EC2-4148-9B20-8E6B9803ED76.jpeg

they can b****x, i'm not travelling all that way, AND taking a pay cut.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Agree. I’ve already wrote off top 6, even without a points deduction. Top 6 sides don’t concede the amount of goals we have in the latter stages of games. They are mentally tougher than that and have a higher level of resilience. 

Sad but true.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

This is my big fear.

Even without a points deduction, we’re pretty much in relegation form right now.

1 win in the last 6 fixtures.  Late goals costing us points in those games.  And 0 wins in 4 games.

You throw in a significant points deduction and the inevitable uncertainty that brings, which could affect the player’s performances, then we could be in real trouble.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

This is my big fear.

Even without a points deduction, we’re pretty much in relegation form right now.

1 win in the last 6 fixtures.  Late goals costing us points in those games.  And 0 wins in 4 games.

You throw in a significant points deduction and the inevitable uncertainty that brings, which could affect the player’s performances, then we could be in real trouble.

.Too Right.We need to forget about challenging for the top 6 right now, and just concentrate on getting as many points as possible so that it can limit the damage that any points deduction will bring.:tango:

• Agree 1

Can't help thinking the off the field uncertainty is affecting the players.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

With do many out of contract at the end of the season I think you may be correct

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Really Mr F?

Like for 85 minutes we control games then all of a sudden..Bannan says to Palmer..

"The EFL are after us...pass it on"?

Give over lol

• Agree 1

We’ve only had one match since this uncertainty became apparent.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

With do many out of contract at the end of the season I think you may be correct

Hopefully Monk has identified this, and along with Chairmans support freshens things up in January.

Desperately needed. To have half the starting line up from 4 years ago is horrendous.

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Don't think its a bad thing, lets get the EFL saga out of the way, hopefully still in the championship but if not, either way we can start from scratch with a younger squad.