EFL Statement

It was sold!

We just don't know when and stuff!

You know, I dont remember when I bought my flat.

Well, I do, but still, that was a er flat, not a 40,000 seater football stadium.

People buy football stadiums all the time. Like buying a pack of cigarettes or some yoghurt or something. 

Easy to forget when you bought one of them football stadium things. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It was sold!

We just don't know when and stuff!

You know, I dont remember when I bought my flat.

Well, I do, but still, that was a er flat, not a 40,000 seater football stadium.

People buy football stadiums all the time. Like buying a pack of cigarettes or some yoghurt or something. 

Easy to forget when you bought one of them football stadium things. 

I imagine most fans think, who cares if he 'sold' his own ground to himself - it's like passing it from his left to right hand or his Lloyds to RBS bank account - just moving an asset transaction. But it isn't is it - it's a record of our debt, and whilst the ground is now under separate ownership it will be used as a bargaining chip in the eventually sale of the club.

I looked at the 2016/2017 accounts and we showed the ground (freehold buildings) asset value as £22,250,000 as valued on 1st Feb 2014. Not sure what the formal valuation and sale price of the ground was in 2018, but it was reported as £60m. On the basis that the discounted depreciation could essentially off-set any new ground cost inflation, I'm struggling to see how the ground value could have increased that much.

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

I looked at the 2016/2017 accounts and we showed the ground (freehold buildings) asset value as £22,250,000 as valued on 1st Feb 2014. Not sure what the formal valuation and sale price of the ground was in 2018, but it was reported as £60m. On the basis that the discounted depreciation could essentially off-set any new ground cost inflation, I'm struggling to see how the ground value could have increased that much.

It didn't.

Bolton have been hit with a five point SUSPENDED penalty for failing to turn up to games. 

So clubs can now not turn up as and when, and get a suspended penalty? 

Just as much as a joke as this situation.

League One clubs should wait till the Friday and pull their fixtures against them. 

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Katrien Meire resigned in February 2019...the ground sale was supposedly sometime in the first seven months of 2018 so it must have been in scope as she left more than 6 months after it was (supposedly) sold.

Sorry - yes, Feb 11th 2019 not 2018. The statement to company's house confirming the delayed financial reporting date for 2017/2018 was two weeks later.

I wonder if DC had told Katrien what he was planning to do before she left?

Do we even have a CEO, Operating Officer or FD? John Redgate, who was at least a chartered accountant left in Feb 2108 - have we replace him?

Garry Monk was saying earlier that everything the EFL is charging us with was previously ratified by the EFL.

If this is the case and a punishment were to follow (eg, points deduction) it’ll be interesting to see if the club pursued legal action against the EFL.

I’m no legal expert but surely the club could argue that once the EFL has ratified everything, we changed our business plan accordingly, budgeted to bring in certain players and not allow other players to leave. Had we known however that we’d fallen foul of FFP in the Summer we could surely argue that a completely different business model would have followed including a freeze on recruitment and selling a few key players such as Bannan, Reach and Fletcher.

Just a thought but I think there’s the potential for this to get very messy.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Bolton have been hit with a five point SUSPENDED penalty for failing to turn up to games. 

So clubs can now not turn up as and when, and get a suspended penalty? 

Just as much as a joke as this situation.

League One clubs should wait till the Friday and pull their fixtures against them. 

Sets a very dangerous precedent for calling off games as you please 

EFL have totally mismanaged the Bolton and Bury situations from start to finish

Shambles 

Anybody want a job?

Makes you wonder if there was actually anybody qualified to look at the accounts in detail, and now we are challenging it they need someone. 

email is at the bottom if you wish to apply, I’m sure they will be interested in thousands of CVs and applicants. 

:biggrin:

B0DC9173-6EC2-4148-9B20-8E6B9803ED76.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Anybody want a job?

Makes you wonder if there was actually anybody qualified to look at the accounts in detail, and now we are challenging it they need someone. 

email is at the bottom if you wish to apply, I’m sure they will be interested in thousands of CVs and applicants. 

:biggrin:

B0DC9173-6EC2-4148-9B20-8E6B9803ED76.jpeg

“Advanced knowledge of Excel”

HAHAHAHA

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Garry Monk was saying earlier that everything the EFL is charging us with was previously ratified by the EFL.

If this is the case and a punishment were to follow (eg, points deduction) it’ll be interesting to see if the club pursued legal action against the EFL.

I’m no legal expert but surely the club could argue that once the EFL has ratified everything, we changed our business plan accordingly, budgeted to bring in certain players and not allow other players to leave. Had we known however that we’d fallen foul of FFP in the Summer we could surely argue that a completely different business model would have followed including a freeze on recruitment and selling a few key players such as Bannan, Reach and Fletcher.

Just a thought but I think there’s the potential for this to get very LENGTHILY

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Do we even have a CEO, Operating Officer or FD? John Redgate, who was at least a chartered accountant left in Feb 2108 - have we replace him?

Did we win the league in the next 89 years? Has FFP been sorted yet?

Off to the bookies to lump on and would like to secure my great great grandkids futures. 

• Like 4

They need to stick these current regulations on the back burner until they create the relevant infrastructure to deliver a common sense ruling with a 4-5 year transition

The current mess the EFL have created is worse than the TV deal they pre agreed for all championship clubs

• Like 2

Anyone got owt to throw my way in terms of where’s the common sense in how Bolton have just been dealt with ?     Suspended points penalty ? How’s that work ? Suspensed on what terms ?

What a mess the regulations are, surely if the EFL arnt careful someone’s going to take them to task in a court and make them look a laughing stock 

Alan Nixon said a couple of things earlier ,  1 been it’s an independent panel that decides these things not directly the EFL and it’s alright slating the FFP regs but ultimately it’s the clubs that’s voted for these to be in place 

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Did we win the league in the next 89 years? Has FFP been sorted yet?

Off to the bookies to lump on and would like to secure my great great grandkids futures. 

He's just rocked up for the interview:

Image result for spaceman accountant

• Haha 2