Jump to content
Geedee

Planning Permission on old car park

Recommended Posts

FF will like the 34 cycle stands.  Just what you need around Hillsborough, encourage more fans to cycle to game. 
 

2 drive thru’s, I hope they can cook fast, cos the cars will either get a parking ticket or be broken into, if the customers have to sit for too long. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

FF will like the 34 cycle stands.  Just what you need around Hillsborough, encourage more fans to cycle to game. 

 

If more people cycled instead of drove, wouldn't that generally be a positive thing?

(However, I do appreciate that this would be logistically impossible for, say, a family of four travelling from Wealdstone; or a bloke wanting to smuggle in three jam jars full of beetroot and orange flavoured chutney.)

 

  • Agree 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah good. Just what we need. More pound shops and fast foot places. can't wait. Hopefully there will be a tanning salon / nail bar shop and tattooist also. 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Massive opportunity missed by us.

 

probably a timing issue, but buying that land was a totally obvious / necessary move 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Massive opportunity missed by us.

Maybe maybe not.  But a net positive for the club that someone's developing an old ratty carpark opposite our ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Socialist_Owl said:

Maybe maybe not.  But a net positive for the club that someone's developing an old ratty carpark opposite our ground.

 

surface was rough but it was very useful think wednesdayite did their best  - letting that slip was a mistake but can't remember so not sure we had cash when it was available 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drive thrus will be interesting when you can't even drive on Penistone Road after the match. 

  • Agree 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Samurai Blue said:

 

If more people cycled instead of drove, wouldn't that generally be a positive thing?

(However, I do appreciate that this would be logistically impossible for, say, a family of four travelling from Wealdstone; or a bloke wanting to smuggle in three jam jars full of beetroot and orange flavoured chutney.)

 

or the guy what likes a drink ,is he allowed to ride the bike p*ssed up after game? or does he get a ticket for going over 2 hours? .what are the rules regards cyclists anyways? are they bound by same rules as motorists regarding drinking? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - though not the same blood limit, it’s based on behaviour. 

Edited by metaframe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

 

surface was rough but it was very useful think wednesdayite did their best  - letting that slip was a mistake but can't remember so not sure we had cash when it was available 

It was on the market during the Manderic era and he was trying to get out not get himself further in also no point in buying it if we are moving :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Drive thrus will be interesting when you can't even drive on Penistone Road after the match. 

They'll just shut the drive thrus for the match because they'll get hundreds of people walking in. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Massive opportunity missed by us.

Hardly the land was bought while we was still owned by MM and didnt have a pot to wee wee in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it such a missed opportunity? I thought this often, but think clearly.The area is to be for proposed development. Were we as a club to have purchased this site, it would have provided Car Parking. Even if this were double the number in the proposal, say 500 cars,this would have provided an income , if it was full EVERY home match, and the cost of parking was £10 (double the current price) it would bring in £110, 000, per season.Convenient for supporters to park on match days , but unused for at least 330 days per year. 

The proposal is for a £25 Million redevelopment, in other words, the recoupment of 120 years+ of fees for the initial cost.

What it does throw into light is the cost of providing car parking at entertainment venues.

At first sight, and I agree that I was one, it appears to be an ideal proposition for Wednesday, but it would need to have other business attached to it, business that would need to be unoccupied AT ITS BUSIEST time

Like many ideas, it is ideal from one point of view only, unfortunately!

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

is it such a missed opportunity? I thought this often, but think clearly.The area is to be for proposed development. Were we as a club to have purchased this site, it would have provided Car Parking. Even if this were double the number in the proposal, say 500 cars,this would have provided an income , if it was full EVERY home match, and the cost of parking was £10 (double the current price) it would bring in £110, 000, per season.Convenient for supporters to park on match days , but unused for at least 330 days per year. 

The proposal is for a £25 Million redevelopment, in other words, the recoupment of 120 years+ of fees for the initial cost.

What it does throw into light is the cost of providing car parking at entertainment venues.

At first sight, and I agree that I was one, it appears to be an ideal proposition for Wednesday, but it would need to have other business attached to it, business that would need to be unoccupied AT ITS BUSIEST time

Like many ideas, it is ideal from one point of view only, unfortunately!

 

There's two ways to look at the issue of provision of car parking for SWFC at Hillsborough. Firstly, the stadium is 120yrs old and has never been subject to parking requirements under planning law. Any new or leisure/entertainment facilities which caters for 10s of thousands of people would be intensely scrutinized for parking spaces, alternative travel and green travel plans. At Hillsborough SWFC provide a handful of car parking, and this is largely at the goodwill of the council by a licence in Hillsborough Park, which let's face it isn't a good place for traffic movements. At Hillsborough, there are likely to be an additional 8,000 or so cars descending on the streets around Hillsborough on match days and it has always impacted on the residents. Most shrug this off but if it happened around my house id be pretty pi$$ed off.

 

Secondly, as a provider of the services, SWFC like any other club, should consider the impact for their customers. They don't generally, and everyone then dismisses the customers as 'fans', like this is a service to 2nd class people. Football fans in all this get forgotten about and are pretty much treated as inconsequential be all the authorities. We see this in 'essential' tram maintenance on match days, cancellation of tram services to Hillsborough due to a few away fans, which the police can't manage, road closures on match days, buses cancelled or diverted, car parking restrictions around the ground - it goes on...

 

It is about time the club and all the authorities grew up, including the club; acknowledged there's an issue for travel and car parking in around Hillsborough and come up with a plan, that doesn't immediately penalize the fans or the residents.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAG have added a rider to the planning permission "All football matches to be banned on 'Drive Thru' days"

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...