Stupid Question???

My opinion on politics is I can't be arsed. I'll vote but I don't particularly care either way.

If I work hard I'll do well regardless who is in charge. 

If I don't I'll be a bum regardless who is in charge.

Often feel there's a lot of people (not everyone) that point fingers at politicians as an excuse for their own shortcomings. 

Oh, and win the league.

Edited by nickswfc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Honest question for anyone on here, Tory voter or Labour or whatever. Can you name 3 good things the Tories have done with 9 years of government?

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Wrong section.

It's been answered in the politics section.

The answer was “no”.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Anyone that would vote Tory after the last nine years doesn't deserve to support Sheffield Wednesday.

It would be helpful if you could make a list of everyone that in your opinion  doesn’t deserve to support Sheffield Wednesday....colour, race, gender, nationality, political persuasion, religious beliefs, sexuality, any other prejudices that you have... and I’ll see whether I fit in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Left-footed Filth said:

And I think that's the difference between a Tory voter and a labour voter. 

One gets on and challenges themselves to get their own  pay rise.

The other sits on their ar5e moaning and whining waiting for the government to force their employer to give them a payrise

Bingo!

4 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Anyone that would vote Tory after the last nine years doesn't deserve to support Sheffield Wednesday.

I vote Conservative.

My friends vote Conservative.

All Wednesday.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Honest question for anyone on here, Tory voter or Labour or whatever. Can you name 3 good things the Tories have done with 9 years of government?

Got unemployment down to the lowest level since 1974, reduced the budget deficit down to less than 2% of GDP from over 10%, given us a referendum to get us out of the EU

2 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I’m the world’s biggest capitalist, but where it has failed in the UK is our obsession and treatment of property as an investment. Many of the wealthy just buy property to develop and let out. This adds absolutely nothing to the economy, but creates a “rent trap” and housing problems. If that wealth was used as capital investment etc to boost productivity, then natural profits would increase, wages would increase, tax revenue would increase, fewer people on benefits (through choice or not) all creating a feedback loop.

Our obsession with property is this country’s biggest weakness.

Brilliant post. Couldn't agree more. Storing up massive problems for future generations.

Edited by Bleeder
Content

For me us finishing top all day long. 

The blue brigades all about looking after millionaires. 

The red mob are no longer the labour party I grew up with that where all about the hard working families and industry. 

If it was a straight vote for Red or blue.... 

Well hard to bring myself to vote for the Red mob due to similarly down the road. 

So for me it's a good job we've a green away strip this year, since I've been voting green since Blair. Lol lol

8 hours ago, Left-footed Filth said:

The other sits on their ar5e moaning and whining waiting for the government to force their employer to give them a payrise

Indeed, you've probably summed up a Tory voter quite well with that statement. Someone who is unable to grasp the idea that merely working hard for you or your family and trying your best isn't always enough to drag yourself out of hardship.

Oh, you're poor? Then I guess you probably deserve to be. Toodle-oo!

11 hours ago, sw1867 said:

I don’t usually comment on politics in general never mind on a football forum but that is up with one of the most stupid posts I’ve seen on here.

Im not saying one way or the other if I agree with the Tory bit, but what in God’s name has it got to do with a if a person can be a Wednesdayite or not.

Ridiculous. 

Absolutely agree with you about those comments, they pretty much sum up the toxic state of politics in this country.

Political comment can be compared to a swimming pool.... most of the noise comes from the shallow end.

13 hours ago, Left-footed Filth said:

Exactly the opposite is true in my eyes.

One believes you should stand on your own two feet.

The other believes you should stand on your own two feet, then bend down and help up the next person.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Got unemployment down to the lowest level since 1974, reduced the budget deficit down to less than 2% of GDP from over 10%, given us a referendum to get us out of the EU

Let me tweak that.

Got unemployment down to the lowest level since 1974, reduced the budget deficit down to less than 2% of GDP from over 10%....then took the biggest political gamble at our expense in living memory, just to save the Conservative Party.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

WOW! And here we have a typical Corbyn supporter! Scary thoughts thinking what would happen if he got into power!

Concerning!