UK ELECTIONS FOR OVERSEAS VOTERS

For those people who dont know or have forgotten. I thought this might be useful.As a UK citizen living in France, you still have the right to vote in UK elections if you have been here for up to 15 years.

80% of all eligible UK overseas voters AREN'T registered to vote!!!

.For more details https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote?fbclid=IwAR1FS2baXV1CI82w1nTzIGKfBKJE23mbec7qfM6Sy-4Az_YqDz8B1eUbIiM

You have up to the 26/11/2019 to register and then up to the 4th of Dec to nominate a proxy.Whatever your politics, dont waste your vote, its important we all have  our say!!

Edited by Big Jack

Good reminder.

Though I will say there's possibly a good reason why so many aren't registered.

Looking at my own circumstances, I still qualify (just) as an overseas voter, but I haven't registered in years.  I did used to, but as time moved on I became more and more detached from UK life and UK politics.  As a dual citizen, I exercise my vote here religiously.  It's where I live and work and Colorado and U.S. politics affects my day to day life.  But the idea of voting in a UK election - when at best I'll spend a handful of days a year.  It just doesn't feel right.   

• Like 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

On 19/11/2019 at 16:17, Neal M said:

Good reminder.

Though I will say there's possibly a good reason why so many aren't registered.

Looking at my own circumstances, I still qualify (just) as an overseas voter, but I haven't registered in years.  I did used to, but as time moved on I became more and more detached from UK life and UK politics.  As a dual citizen, I exercise my vote here religiously.  It's where I live and work and Colorado and U.S. politics affects my day to day life.  But the idea of voting in a UK election - when at best I'll spend a handful of days a year.  It just doesn't feel right.   

The biggest reason is most people who reside overseas are unaware of their rights. People should be made aware then they can choose to vote or not. Many Brits overseas are affected by UK legislation, so be madness not to vote imo.