New ground new sound?

Having attended most home matches last season and this season you can't help notice how quiet and soulless Hillsborough's become. We've even got away fans attending and remarking on it as well as chants about it from the away support. It got me wondering if it would improve the atmosphere if we were to redevelop or even relocate. Something's got to be done or the place will only get worse if success doesn't happen very soon. I can't imagine many people who attend Hillsborough for the first time feel the need to rush back. 

7 minutes ago, fatbloke no1 said:

Said for years way to improve atmosphere is give us west upper,great accoustics in there,also great view,put away fans in end blocks of south that never have many in,this area is easily segregated,toilets, bars ,entry/.exit etc.Only problem would be sag

Piece of p*ss then

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Having attended most home matches last season and this season you can't help notice how quiet and soulless Hillsborough's become. We've even got away fans attending and remarking on it as well as chants about it from the away support. It got me wondering if it would improve the atmosphere if we were to redevelop or even relocate. Something's got to be done or the place will only get worse if success doesn't happen very soon. I can't imagine many people who attend Hillsborough for the first time feel the need to rush back. 

Every sides supporters do this, at every game.

Along with your grounds to big for you, insert name is a 5 hit hole and lots of pointing..

• Like 1

There was a time when we used to sing "We've got a shed as big as this" at away grounds, now we cannot sing that cos most grounds are far better than Hillsboro and now they sing that song about us.

When the time is right and we have some cash, Premiere League money, then we must move to another site, Neepsend perhaps, with a modern stadium fit for purpose and attracting money.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We've got a ground built for 40k half full, not all our own fault, name a ground that's nowhere near full but still has a good atmosphere? I can't think of any 

this ^^
im a part timer who can’t get to as many games a season as I’d like (9 hour round trip), and so tend to watch the televised games from home. Everytime someone I’m watching with will say there’s not many fans there - due to the empty seats. And I have to explain that there’s 24k+ but because it’s a 40k stadium it’s almost half empty.

Also I go to a lot of other teams stadiums and they are just as quiet.  

Edited by Owls-Fan

29 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

There was a time when we used to sing "We've got a shed as big as this" at away grounds, now we cannot sing that cos most grounds are far better than Hillsboro and now they sing that song about us.

When the time is right and we have some cash, Premiere League money, then we must move to another site, Neepsend perhaps, with a modern stadium fit for purpose and attracting money.

You've made all that up, you little rascal.

• Haha 2

Here's an idea that is a site opposite the ground that could be bought to build a new stadium on, still in Hillsborough but access to by the back and the front and a modern stadium fit for purpose could be built. 

I am sure the council would prefer the club in a state of the art stadium instead of polluting fast food joins that will bring more cars and pollution to the area. With their current policies on cars.

lol

2 hours ago, fatbloke no1 said:

Said for years way to improve atmosphere is give us west upper,great accoustics in there,also great view,put away fans in end blocks of south that never have many in,this area is easily segregated,toilets, bars ,entry/.exit etc.Only problem would be sag

How is it easily segregated, it's one open concourse?

Hillsborough is a great ground. It's an occasion away fans love to visit. It would be quite an easy thing to redevelop the West Stand, fill in the corners, re-roof the KOP to lose pillars and North stand to include corners. Way cheaper than moving.

The atmosphere is bad because we've stagnated or gone a little backwards. It's because we hope for more than we can have right now.

The fans experience is poor at Hillsborough and the team isn't on the up. Get the team playing well and a few more pie and beer outlets and we'd be happy. Trying to get into The Tap before a game is crazy...half full and nobody at the bar.

Also give Owls the West Stand and put the handful of away supporters for most games in the lower south stand away side.

Firstly redevelop not relocate.

Secondly this is not something that can easily be rectified with the current SYP and SAG conspiracy to shut us down.

Long term after these issues are sorted it will take money to redevelop but also some imaginative thinking - as stated getting home fans in the West Stand is a must. But We have to lower prices which isn't going to happen.

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

You're not serious.  Atmosphere would be a tomb in one of those new bowls.