Forestieri

Nicked a goal and looked lively and fit.

I'm looking at the positives. 

Nobody is happy being on the bench.

He's done well enough in that cameo to show Monk a bit of what he's about.

Two week break now where Monk has said he's really looking forward to getting to do some quality work on the training ground with the team.

Fernando must have put himself in a good position. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I like probably all Sheffield Wednesday supporters was really pleased to see Forestieri amongst the goals on Saturday... but why did he not celebrate either goal? He actually looked really unhappy...

I'm not looking for negatives and have a lot of time for this man but you couldn't miss it...

He did celebrate. 

Maybe he wasn’t doing backflips for his goal because it was an equaliser and there was more to do. 

Second goal he celebrated in the same way as at least two other players...

This again.............does he have a team of psychologists following him around to assess his mood.

People still look at him like he's a troubled 10 year old and not a footballer who's nearly 30.

He's not done it on the pitch for 2 years...Can Monk get him playing to the best of his ability...maybe/maybe not.  

Does he deserve a place in the team..maybe/maybe not but thats Monks decision.

Keiren Lee slapped him on the back..they grabbed the ball and ran back to the halfway line.. If they had gone mad they might have lost focus like they did at the end.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I like probably all Sheffield Wednesday supporters was really pleased to see Forestieri amongst the goals on Saturday... but why did he not celebrate either goal? He actually looked really unhappy...

I'm not looking for negatives and have a lot of time for this man but you couldn't miss it...

Him and Odubajo were laughing and joking during their half time warm up, he looked like he was loving life. Not a hint of being unhappy with his current lot.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

He is a very complex character isn’t he 

off to Atlanta according to Salmonbones who’s mate is a top scout for the pigs 

The way the snortbeasts are turning sows-ears into silkpurses Salmonbones needs to persuade his mate to get down to Hillsborough!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Him and Odubajo were laughing and joking during their half time warm up, he looked like he was loving life. Not a hint of being unhappy with his current lot.

This !!!

He does in my opinion need to be starting now but that's Monks decision. However, he looks happy is loving it at the club and wants a new contract. No one else has as much of a social media presence of positivity yet these questions only ever pop up around him.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

He is a very complex character isn’t he 

off to Atlanta according to Salmonbones who’s mate is a top scout for the pigs 

You mean Atalanta who are currently one of the better teams in Serie A and in the Champions League? 

2 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I noticed this too, the last time I noticed such a muted celebration was when he scored against Villa, a few days later he refused to get in the team coach.

His contract runs out in the summer, he can’t get in the first 11 (for some bizarre reason) and I honestly think his days here are numbered.

If he doesn’t leave in January he’ll certainly be off in the Summer.

Shame.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

People keep starting threads about new strikers etc. This bloke is our “new” striker. We don’t need him out on the left anymore. Put him up front with Dave/Fletch and we have great balance in attack.