Use this International Break

7 hours ago, prowl said:

I don't think we are far away with 433 if everyone plays to the best of their ability.

Think that's the thing. It gives us a solidity. 

Just need to cut out the concentration lapses at both ends of the pitch.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 11/11/2019 at 02:44, torres said:

To work on 3-5-2???

Seems to play to all our strengths

Both Iorfa and Borner are more than comfortable bringing the ball out, with Lees to anchor it, would be a very strong unit in theory 

Allows 2 up top but keeps us strong with 3 in midfield 

Harris & Reach wing backs? Both have the work ethic if slightly weak defensively 

Or is it change for changes sake and not worth the trial 

(apologies if this has been brought up)

You just answered your own question. Harris and Reach as wing backs is the most ridiculous suggestion I’ve ever seen.

8 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Why change it 

If it wasn't for some amateur play 

We'd be 5 points better off now and no one would be complaining 

Its the players with losing mentality that need changing not the formation

And to stop giving away goals five year olds wouldn’t concede . That would probably help too 

If we are going to change the back line (not that I would atm) we should go 3-4-3

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Borner

Reach Hutchinson Luongo Bannan

Harris Fletcher Forestieri 

Keep them on the back foot so much we would not need to defend!

I am not too sure we are diciplined enough mind.

On 10/11/2019 at 17:44, torres said:

To work on 3-5-2???

Seems to play to all our strengths

Both Iorfa and Borner are more than comfortable bringing the ball out, with Lees to anchor it, would be a very strong unit in theory 

Allows 2 up top but keeps us strong with 3 in midfield 

Harris & Reach wing backs? Both have the work ethic if slightly weak defensively 

Or is it change for changes sake and not worth the trial 

(apologies if this has been brought up)

So Palmer and Fox have been our best two players for the last month and we can improve things by choosing a formation that removes them both from the field?

Seems a little odd

30 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

So Palmer and Fox have been our best two players for the last month and we can improve things by choosing a formation that removes them both from the field?

Seems a little odd

If you think Palmer and Fox have been our best two players then you are a little odd

29 minutes ago, torres said:

If you think Palmer and Fox have been our best two players then you are a little odd

Why thank you, I'd hate to be normal.

One was player of the month and the other has been out most consistent performer. I'd put Borner up there but he's missed two games. Who else you going to offer up above them? Maybe Iorfa but that's about it. Whole front half of the pitch has been wobbly and both keepers have had their moments.

It's almost as if you've got a preconceived negative image of Palmer and Fox in your head, along with the fans that boo Reach, got on Nuhiu's back for years and were the same ones that used to boo the likes of Brunt and Whelan. If only our fans could actually watch the games and judge the actions of the players instead of deciding who they think is having a bad game before the match has even kicked off.

This international break we need to have plenty of friendly games as too many players not available for selection because they are not match fit either because of coming back from injury or not playing matches

Rhodes, Winnall, Borner, Lees, Wildsmith, Luongo, Bates, Baker, Pelupessy, Thorniley, Odubajo, Hutchinson - look that's 11 players we could have a second team with them.

No more excuses for not playing the best 11 players, the next 5 or 6 games will tell us a lot about whether we are top 6 hopeful's or midtable going to be's.

12 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Why thank you, I'd hate to be normal.

One was player of the month and the other has been out most consistent performer. I'd put Borner up there but he's missed two games. Who else you going to offer up above them? Maybe Iorfa but that's about it. Whole front half of the pitch has been wobbly and both keepers have had their moments.

It's almost as if you've got a preconceived negative image of Palmer and Fox in your head, along with the fans that boo Reach, got on Nuhiu's back for years and were the same ones that used to boo the likes of Brunt and Whelan. If only our fans could actually watch the games and judge the actions of the players instead of deciding who they think is having a bad game before the match has even kicked off.

Borner and Iorfa have been head and shoulders above them both in my opinion

I'm not saying they have been rubbish - they just haven't been our best players as you stated 

The monthly award was some weird sympathy vote  - i think we all realise that

I also believe at least one would be replaced in January if finances permit 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
23 hours ago, hugeowl said:

But you think Kieron Lee is pants so obviously not the best judge . 

Kieran Lee was an outstanding player two years ago. Unfortunately he isn’t half the player now. Was pleased with part of his performance on Saturday and he got an assist for the goal. However, his performances this season have generally been pants. Fact!

On 11/11/2019 at 09:48, Sham67 said:

I was thinking about this over the weekend.  Odubajo is a ready made wb and Reach can play there at a push.  However, I can't see where Harris would fit in and he's been one of our best players this season.  What ever we do, we need 3 in midfield, we get overrun every time we play with a two.

We don't get overrun everytime. Leeds? Boro?  We have played well a few times 442 and missed out by fine margins, or won.

I think the issue ls up front not at the back. So i would keep the back 4 and go 4-2-3-1

Westwood

Palmer

Borner

Iorfa

Fox

Hutch

Bazza

Harris

Fessi (10 role behind Fletch)

Reach

Fletch

Fessi would have to work to support midfield and then get up to support Fletch. If gets tired bring on Luongo or Lee to take over this role. I think we need to stick to 4 at the back.

343?

Harris - Fletch - Nando

Reach - Bannan - Lee - Odubajo

Borner - Lees - Iorfa

Westwood

Chelsea played this system a few years ago to good effect.
Harris and Nando are playing link, so we have 3 (or even 4) in the middle when we need it.
Fletch excels as a target man with people playing off him, and Nando and Harris are a defenders nightmare if given free reign to run at them.

Feels like a decent use of the players we have.

Still best sticking with this sort of thing for my money - whether it’s a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 depends on the phase of play and whether FF is dropping back into Att Mid or sitting just offFletcher to pick up second balls and knockdowns.

Priorities for me with current first XI: I’d certainly be giving our left- and right-footed wide players a run on their natural sides (not convinced by Harris cutting in, and it’s not been worth shuffling everything around to get Reach in shooting positions of late), and we desperately need someone feeding directly off scraps from Fletch/Nuhiu - FF is really our only logical choice for that. We’ve got two very strong target men, but the % of second balls we win between 18-30 yards out is *shocking* at the moment.

Fletcher/Nuhiu
                                   Forestieri

Reach                                         Harris

Bannan/Lee     Luongo/Hutchinson

Fox/Thorniley                Palmer/Odubajo

Börner/Lees       Iorfa

Westwood/Dawson

Edited by Mr. Tom