Atmosphere at Hillsborough

1 minute ago, Geedee said:

Of course £11 is not a lot but that is not the point.

Wednesday has no divine right to my leisure money it has to compete against a series of alternatives

£43 to watch 2nd division football on a cold winters day is imo c4ap value for money

if it was sunny would you mind?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Of course £11 is not a lot but that is not the point.

Wednesday has no divine right to my leisure money it has to compete against a series of alternatives

£43 to watch 2nd division football on a cold winters day is imo c4ap value for money

Really don't get how an Apologist doesn't understand this.

It's not controversial or disloyal to admit, the POTG prices are ridiculous.

It's not long ago that we were slaughtering Leeds for doing just this.

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

if it was sunny would you mind?

It would.be more appealing to sit outside in nice weather.

Let me be clear i don't claim to be a True Super Fan but i enjoy going to Hillsborough. 

However I will not be ripped off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nilsson said:

You’re telling the fans who aren’t coming to drink less beer so they afford a ticket?

That’s a new sales technique on me

Nah Im making a suggestion and a point about how its not unafordable as made out. I wish prices were lower but they ain't.

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Really don't get how an Apologist doesn't understand this.

It's not controversial or disloyal to admit, the POTG prices are ridiculous.

It's not long ago that we were slaughtering Leeds for doing just this.

Don't call me an apologist when you ran about being best mates with Sheard. You have no shame and try to pretend its not true.

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Yep let's pay £47 a game. It's only £11 more.

End of the day its not an attractive price but it is what it is. However I don't buy how people will refuse to buy if its a tenner more unless money really is geuinely tight. Its just a different view and won't have the likes of Farrell call me an apologist.

15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea..i bet some are beginning to wonder if theres summat in that....

No same old trolls, just repeating themselves. 

They think if they keep repeating themselves it will make it true. Probably related to those who insisted the earth was flat.

10 hours ago, nilsson said:

You’re telling the fans who aren’t coming to drink less beer so they afford a ticket?

That’s a new sales technique on me

He has got a point though. We all have to choose what we spend our money on. Everything costs, 23k think it's good value.

10 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah cause 11 quid is a life defining difference...

It's not life defining but that dont make the pricing right .I  pay 18 quid for a bottle of whisky if tesco suddenly start charging 29 I wouldnt buy it.now if they say but if you buy 23 bottles you can have them at 10 quid then that's not a bad deal for me but not so much for the guy who is only an occasional drinker    ......so it's no surprise that a lot of fans who can only get to limited amount if games are now rarely turning up 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:34, torres said:

Grounds too big and open while we are only getting season ticket holders through the gates 

Kop looks awful being half full. 
We all know about the away end and the cheese wedge being empty for most games 

Any noise the support makes just gets lost 

This Obviously isn't the problem. The ground hasn't suddenly become big and empty. 

The crowd need hyping up a bit.

The club need some artificial atmosphere to kick start things.

All that's needed is a better match day experience for the regular punters.

How many of that 23k actually enjoy the match day experience and atmosphere?

I and my son are two of that 23k and have not attended the last two games because we decided to do other things on the day.

He is 6 years old now and been going for 3 years,the only reason I bought season tickets is because I wanted to enjoy match day experience with my son .

It was the only way I could ensure having a seat for each game,as if I had to rely on having a " spare " 45 pound every other week then I know it would not happen.

Anyway ,the fact is ,he enjoys the drive and walk to the ground,his pre match chips and drink and then the game starts.

He used to stand on his seat and clap and sing,but even he said after the Wigan game,"dad,why is no one singing and cheering,it's rubbish can we go home."

I know that if it wasn't for my son I wouldn't have bought season tickets and doubt if I would have attended any games this season,and I've had a season ticket for many years.

It's not just the atmosphere  and pricing that is wrong it's the product,"football",that is in decline .

ps my son loves football,he plays for an U7s team ,watches it on tv and plays FIFA,just doesn't like going to Hillsboro anymore.

Lot of factors...

Reminds me a bit of that season under Gray when we finished about 12th. Just a sense of apathy and indifference within the fanbase. 

At the moment we are doing pretty well, but I just think there's a degree of mistrust between the supporters and this current side. They (the team) took us very close on two occasions and then followed it up with 18 or so months of crap. Things have picked up since Jos buggered off and Bruce/Monk came in, but you still sense there is a way to go. 

You've of course got Dem Blades doing well in the Prem and the fact you have to pay a shedload for POTD. It isn't all that attractive a proposition to the more casual supporters. 

As we've seen on here, it also appears very easy to find a link to stream the game live too, so I guess that might not be helping with stay away fans. 

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

He has got a point though. We all have to choose what we spend our money on. Everything costs, 23k think it's good value.

22,999 because I don't think it's good value. I go because I'm an addict - but I got the addiction when it was about 50p for a kid. 

16 hours ago, Hookowl said:

According to the accounts there's nearly £11m in amortised players registrations and £42M in overall wages costs.

The accounts are a year old though for July 2018 we have had July 2019 and are currently in the year to 31 July 2020. That's the problem with finance figures they are always in the past.