Atmosphere at Hillsborough

6 hours ago, nilsson said:

Yes I wasn’t disagreeing with your post. Just agreeing that ‘better players’ should never have been used as an excuse for the prices.

preston charge around £24 season tickets also much cheaper and gates lower yet there top of the league due to been very well managed ,and having a top recruitment team ,they still have 1-2 on decent money too Gallagher im told is on 20k plus . we could easily charge those prices is we didn't have to pay for david jones ,abdi etc etc wages just those 2 alone were costing us 3 million a season in wages ,look at our gate turnover and our prices could easily be £5--£10 cheaper without impacting on the squad . 

Guest addedtime
8 hours ago, torres said:

We do, they add to the atmosphere.

Being a season ticket holder can at times be a tough slog  - its almost like a second job!!

The part timer goes more for a good time (is that possible following us?)  - it's not a regular event, they make a day of it, its a special event

The part timer days seem numbered though

Absolutely. 

Pots done, ironing done, what's next? Oh yes....match. 

Guest Grez Bez

Our problem is that the singers are sat in seperate areas of the ground!

We need them together to create an 'unofficial singing area'. The lower half of the KOP feels like the natural home for this.

To do this you need to create a reason for them to move.

Make the KOP the boozers stand.

- Age 14+ only

- happy hour 13:00 - 14:00

- cheaper tickets

- investment on KOP facilities to create new 'pubs' within the ground and built onto the mound (like decking)

4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Our problem is that the singers are sat in seperate areas of the ground!

We need them together to create an 'unofficial singing area'. The lower half of the KOP feels like the natural home for this.

To do this you need to create a reason for them to move.

Make the KOP the boozers stand.

- Age 14+ only

- happy hour 13:00 - 14:00

- cheaper tickets

- investment on KOP facilities to create new 'pubs' within the ground and built onto the mound (like decking)

The main facilitator of sitting together is POTG.

I can't state this enough. You turn up with your mates, pay on the day and sit together.

We have deliberately killed POTG though disgusting pricing.

I'll never back down on this, it's plain wrong.

The sooner we all unite against it, the sooner we can start repairing the damage.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:07, Costello 77 said:

Season ticket holders pay around £25 per game..DC has got plenty of room for improving potg without annoying anybody mate..

£24.13 per match on North or grandstand, less on Kop more on South! That's early bird prices too but you're right you can charge £30 on North max for POTG maybe £25 on Kop and hopefully improve crowds without annoying too many. I'd also do a really cheap rate on the lower lep, all SAG, SYP allowing but £15 get the ground fuller!!

For joe bloggs to come watch the game against Swansea in the cheapest stand (Kop) it would have cost him £36, it’s just wrong , people can not afford this or some cases justify it . £36 is expensive to be playing the blades never mind a club we hold no affiliation towards ! 
£25 it should be in the kop maximum for likes of Swansea 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I can't state this enough. You turn up with your mates, pay on the day and sit together.

The sooner we all unite against it, the sooner we can start repairing the damage.

the more worrying long term thing about these disgusting pay on the day prices is that we have lost supporters with many who will never return , and the longer we charge these prices and the pigs are in prem we also risk losing an entire generation of young fans to them or other clubs. we can easily charge what other similar clubs to us charge without impacting on what players we have and sign as match day turnover these days is only a fairly small part of our budget inc what chansiri puts in. and if we get 3-4000 more in they will spend more in ground and sell more shirts etc etc . 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

the more worrying long term thing about these disgusting pay on the day prices is that we have lost supporters with many who will never return , and the longer we charge these prices and the pigs are in prem we also risk losing an entire generation of young fans to them or other clubs. we can easily charge what other similar clubs to us charge without impacting on what players we have and sign as match day turnover these days is only a fairly small part of our budget inc what chansiri puts in. and if we get 3-4000 more in they will spend more in ground and sell more shirts etc etc . 

Some good points, but the revenue from POTG is negligible and not the issue.

The issue is the clubs culture and fanbase for generations to come. You can't put a price on that.  

The Blades are investing and have done for years in the fanbase.  We on the other hand are deliberately pushing ours away, and they are finding alternatives.

Carry on as we are, and we will be sorry. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Some good points, but the revenue from POTG is negligible and not the issue.

The issue is the clubs culture and fanbase for generations to come. You can't put a price on that.  

The Blades are investing and have done for years in the fanbase.  We on the other hand are deliberately pushing ours away, and they are finding alternatives.

Carry on as we are, and we will be sorry. 

There's some truth in this. Even when we were garbage in our two spells in the third tier, we got better averages than them. That's reversed recently and I don't think it's kids tickets.

The atmosphere issue may be a sub-conscious thing as well for many fans. If you're paying high prices, then there a case for the fans to be entertained. The drudgery that's generally been on offer for three years, the vast wastage of money on daft transfers and wages of players sat in the stands, and high ticket prices may have built up some resentment in the fan base. Generally people don't lose it and start booing (I know there are a few), so they simply sit there - in silence.

I wonder what the POTD figures where for Saturday - I'd say less than hundred. Unfortunately the days when you could rock up at the last minute and stand (sit) with your mates isn't feasible unless the club sectioned off rows/blocks on the kop and held group tickets back on a selected turnstile. The club could then send out a live count down on how many are left causing excitement and anxiety for the fan, who then whips himself up into a vocally expressive frenzy.

9 minutes ago, Animis said:

There's some truth in this. Even when we were garbage in our two spells in the third tier, we got better averages than them. That's reversed recently and I don't think it's kids tickets.

The atmosphere issue may be a sub-conscious thing as well for many fans. If you're paying high prices, then there a case for the fans to be entertained. The drudgery that's generally been on offer for three years, the vast wastage of money on daft transfers and wages of players sat in the stands, and high ticket prices may have built up some resentment in the fan base. Generally people don't lose it and start booing (I know there are a few), so they simply sit there - in silence.

I wonder what the POTD figures where for Saturday - I'd say less than hundred. Unfortunately the days when you could rock up at the last minute and stand (sit) with your mates isn't feasible unless the club sectioned off rows/blocks on the kop and held group tickets back on a selected turnstile. The club could then send out a live count down on how many are left causing excitement and anxiety for the fan, who then whips himself up into a vocally expressive frenzy.

You get it. 

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Well instead of sniping on here do something practical?

Call your mate Geoff Sheard for a business idea

2 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

For joe bloggs to come watch the game against Swansea in the cheapest stand (Kop) it would have cost him £36, it’s just wrong , people can not afford this or some cases justify it . £36 is expensive to be playing the blades never mind a club we hold no affiliation towards ! 

Yeah cause 11 quid is a life defining difference...

2 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Pretty outrageous isn't it.

Guest Theboylangers
17 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

It might not be a lot of money to you but £11 is the kids lunch money at school for some.

27 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Of course £11 is not a lot but that is not the point.

Wednesday has no divine right to my leisure money it has to compete against a series of alternatives

£43 to watch 2nd division football on a cold winters day is imo c4ap value for money